2021 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

See: advanced lines of credit from agents, followed by 70% of NFL players bankrupt within 5 years out of the league.

That two-part 30 for 30 dealing with that was just sad. Those guys are preyed upon so viciously it's a shame.

A friend of mine, who passed about a year and a half ago, was the #2 pick in 1985. His father insisted that his rookie contract be structured so that at the time of his death he was still being paid a nice sum from that original contract.

I think the NFL, and the teams, fail the kids in that respect for their first contracts. They need much more guidance.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That two-part 30 for 30 dealing with that was just sad. Those guys are preyed upon so viciously it's a shame.

A friend of mine, who passed about a year and a half ago, was the #2 pick in 1985. His father insisted that his rookie contract be structured so that at the time of his death he was still being paid a nice sum from that original contract.

I think the NFL, and the teams, fail the kids in that respect for their first contracts. They need much more guidance.

NFL has a mandatory meeting with rookies on how to manage their money, I believe. Most just don't listen.

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Detroit gets the stud lineman Sewell. He's going to spend the next 12 years in Detroit, make a fortune, and finish with a .279 winning percentage.

Dan Campbell is going to surprise as a HC. I think he is the perfect guy to lead that franchise out of the history of suck to at least playoff contention 

Detroit gets the stud lineman Sewell. He's going to spend the next 12 years in Detroit, make a fortune, and finish with a .279 winning percentage.
Unless the Texans trade 8 draft picks for him in like 3 years....then he will finish with an even lower winning %
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Macklemore said:

Dan Campbell is going to surprise as a HC. I think he is the perfect guy to lead that franchise out of the history of suck to at least playoff contention 

Check back in few years. Don't think this will be a good start and they are Detroit.

• Like 1