2021 NFL DRAFT

LTtxfan

Catching up without commercials.  First two picks chalk, I think Lawrence will be great, not sure about Wilson.  Third I think Lance is going to be a huge bust.  4th I think Pitts is the lock of the draft to be great.  5th I think Chase will be solid but IMO Waddle is the best WR in the draft and will be Tyreek Hill except not a woman beating moron.  7th I love the take but Detroit is probably the shittiest NFL franchise in the 47 years I've been alive, so it seems like they will fuck it up.  8 is a solid take, dude looks good but personally I would have gone with the Bama corner.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, he’s actually a complete beast and was the best LB in college football in 2019.  I don’t mind the pick.  

But I do have a continuing complaint that Dallas emphasizes the wrong positions nearly every year at the top of the draft.   QB and DL are the most important positions, and they never pick those guys high dating back about 15 years now (except Taco Charlton).   I don’t know that LB necessarily moves the needle, except if Parsons can rush the passer (which he can, just not sure if they’ll use him that way) then that could change things.

Yeah, freak athlete, but not sure an off-ball LB moves the needle in a day and age where everyone plays nickel and dime.

2 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, he’s actually a complete beast and was the best LB in college football in 2019.  I don’t mind the pick.  

But I do have a continuing complaint that Dallas emphasizes the wrong positions nearly every year at the top of the draft.   QB and DL are the most important positions, and they never pick those guys high dating back about 15 years now (except Taco Charlton).   I don’t know that LB necessarily moves the needle, except if Parsons can rush the passer (which he can, just not sure if they’ll use him that way) then that could change things.

The problem is he's not great in coverage which is essential nowadays

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Is he?  I thought he had a bunch of INTs and was thought to be good in coverage?   He certainly has the athletic ability to cover.

He gets lost alot, he's definitley athletic enough and with coaching to be reliable though

Edited by utdlc