Say something good about the Trump presidency. I’m serious.

2 minutes ago, Tuco said:

No, we're not.  In terms of actual, day to day, implications for our lives, not much has changed for the vast majority of us.  Certainly Trump is profoundly stupid and has revealed (or demonstrated) a definite weakness in our national personality.  That weakness could have dire consequences moving forward, but the "right now" is not much different than the two years ago.  Hopefully we learn and grow. 

Fair enough.  We've swallowed the poison.  Now, we wait and see how much of it we actually swallowed....

6 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

It’s good for the lulz

True enough.

I just wish we were getting lulz at someone else's expense.

Remember how we used to laugh our asses off at what a clown Rob Ford was?  That was because he was all the way up there in Toronto.

Now we've got someone who (1) is down here, governing the whole United States, and (2) who we WISH had the wisdom, dignity, and stewardship of Rob Ford.

Serious answer - brought the issue of immigration reform to the forefront. I don't agree with Trump's proposed policies but we absolutely need a cohesive strategy for dealing with the influx of illegal immigrants. The wall is a stupid fucking idea, but we can certainly do better as a country than largely ignoring the issue like we've done for decades.

Surlyhorns answer - WARLOCKS

Ivanka+Trump+Hairstyle+%25282%2529.jpg

7201bb979cbd5126c867c3906ffd5230.jpg

• Like 2

Most of his economic policies have had a positive impact on the country.

Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

Driving the left insane.

Exposing the corruption of the deep state.

Exposing the uselessness of the 4th state.

Exposing the DNC for the retards they are.

His foreign policy wins.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

For sure:  Weakening of the office of the President, motivating the mainstream to be involved

Hopefully:  A generation learns to never grant one political party all branches of government

Not sure the office can be weakened any more when a rapist holds it.

General public awareness and familiarity of personality disorders is way up.  The downside is Trump is so disturbed that a lot of lesser disturbed characters will still fly below.  

People need to see this in action, realize it has clear medical underpinnings like addiction, and recognize that no political stripe is immune to incursion.  Vote for character and competence, not ideology, and we'll be fine.

33 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Most of his economic policies have had a positive impact on the country.  (Name two, and perhaps even more importantly, 'why?' they are positive)

Gorsuch on the SCOTUS. (voting against his immigration policies)

Driving the left insane. (Driving everyone left of Epi and you to the Dems, you mean. Special elections Holla!)

Exposing the corruption of the deep state.  (His appointments are mostly all corrupt or incompetent. Funny how that escapes you Trump cultists)

Exposing the uselessness of the 4th state.   (that's "Fourth Estate" Einstein.  And they have eaten his lunch at every turn.  But you would not know that, being all "Fake News" watching averse)

Exposing the DNC for the retards they are.    ( Wrong.  They have been exposed forever as retards.  But only now are voters picking those retards over the GOP alt right retards in large numbers)

His foreign policy wins.  ( what would those be exactly?  I'm at a loss here...)

Amusing stuff.  

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

What economic policies? The only things he's done is pull us out of the TPP and threatened a trade war with China. Everything else has been skating on an improving economic situation that's been in place for almost a decade.

Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

Gorsuch just voted AGAINST Trump on a recent immigration case.

Driving the left insane.

Go fuck your un-American self.

Give us a clear description of what you mean by "deep state". If you're talking about malfeasance by the CIA or FBI, then welcome to your awakening as s 1960s love child. 

If by "state" you mean "estate" then I don't know what to tell you. Freedom of the press is about the most important aspect of democracy. I'm sorry you find it "useless".

This has been known for decades, and Trump deserves next to nothing in this realization.

His foreign policy wins.

Name one.

43 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Gorsuch on the SCOTUS.

Driving the left insane.

His foreign policy wins.

O rly? Seems to me all of the positives in the current economy started around March of 2009.

Trendlines, bruh.

Edited by David Dennison

No.

I don't have to, I don't want to, and you can't make me.

Thanks to Trump, my children were nearly torn away from their mother. And every Trump supporter will tell you that's just why they voted for him.

Fuck him and fuck them. They will all go to Hell.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Grandioso said:

The North Korea situation is going about as well as you could hope. I don't think Trump has a ton to do with that, but his whole "madman theory" approach to Kim Jong Un might have influenced him to come to the table. Trump then flatters him and shit when he makes decisions that are favorable to us, which might be working too. 

Things I did not expect to see...

Dbv9bx4XkAAWYzh.jpg

Mike-Pompeo-Kim-Jong-Un-Meeting-e1524774

8 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Serious: Mattis.

Not serious: hottest first lady ever.

Wait....I may have to switch those.

Seriously, Melania is hot as fuck. I have dirty thoughts every time I see a picture of her. Even the one with the Pope.

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Georgia was the 4th state in the union.

They gave us MLK, Outkast, Kim Basinger, Julia Roberts, the Allman Brothers, Keith Jackson, Otis Redding, Holly Hunter, Ty Cobb, Ray Charles, Jimmy Carter, Jerry Reed, Little Richard, Waffle House, Flannery O'Connor, Jackie Robinson, REM, Harry Crews, James Dickey, and Burt Reynolds.  

And for the likes of you, Paula Deen, Clarence Thomas, Hulk Hogan, John Rocker and also Ty Cobb -- he was a complicated man. 

Georgia is not useless.

And you are a fucking moron. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Georgia was the 4th state in the union.

They gave us MLK, Outkast, Kim Basinger, Julia Roberts, the Allman Brothers, Keith Jackson, Otis Redding, Holly Hunter, Ty Cobb, Ray Charles, Jimmy Carter, Jerry Reed, Little Richard, Waffle House, Flannery O'Connor, Jackie Robinson, REM, Harry Crews, James Dickey, and Burt Reynolds.  

And for the likes of you, Paula Deen, Clarence Thomas, Hulk Hogan, John Rocker and also Ty Cobb -- he was a complicated man. 

Georgia is not useless.

And you are a fucking moron. 

I assumed he meant:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Estate

Give'em a break.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

On the whole, it has gotten folks a lot more engaged.  

Beat me to it. The egregious nature of their buffoonery is so overwhelming that it’s drawing a lot of attention to the reality that our system is fucked up at the most basic levels, people are tired of it and they’re actually doing things about it and not just bitching amongst themselves.

15 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Pay for play by foreign lobbyists may actually be put in check

Talk about not sure if serious...

Now, the foreign countries just funnel money directly to Trumpco via hotels, resorts, etc. Read about Trump Hotel DC, for example.

Fox and friends rant from a couple of days ago aside, his tweets and and transcriptions of speeches read much worse than his spoken word.  He should stick to a script and stay off the Twitter. When on script he is not the worst public speaking president I have heard.

His campaign and presidency have exposed some people in my life who I thought could form independent thought and critically evaluate information, as mindless hacks.  I am not talking about those that voted for Trump because they were always Rs, or hated Hillary, or were one issue(abortion) voters.  These are people who continue to tow the party line, think he is doing a marvelous job, is some business genius, has no issues whatsoever, and can otherwise do no wrong and despite the fact that I never even bring up politics, always try to initiate some sort of political discussion with me lauding Trump and seem disappointed when I disengage.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

You realize that won’t fly forever right? Or are you drinking briskets koolaid

Maybe a Kool-Aid sipper, but not full-blown chugging.

My point is more that I expect that garden variety corruption to revert to normal levels after Trump, not disappear. The fact that it's 100x worse now but in a different way isn't really a good thing about his presidency, is it? I don't see anything he has actively done to curtail the typical stuff.

If this is all a "but Hillary" based on the Clinton Foundation, then my reply is misplaced and I am sorry.

Edited by VRHorn
curtail, not curtain

6 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

My point is more that I expect that garden variety corruption to revert to normal levels after Trump, not disappear.

This sentence right here says everything wasn't fine. The stuff Mulvaney pulled the other day with the bankers was the garden variety corruption (albeit more explicit than normal).

Money has always equalled access - that isn't new.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Pay for play by foreign lobbyists may actually be put in check

This was your assertion - what has Trump done with regard to this? If you are really saying "the Clinton Foundation would have acted as pay-for-play" that is a textbook "but Hillary". If not, just clarify what he explicitly did because I don't see it.

• Like 1