Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

22 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

This is a huge mistake.  Either stand together and take back your party and whip the shit out of the Trumpkin senators or don't...... Fall down the well to total fucking sell outs and just kiss the ring of Trump until he dies but still getting his red state populism to win state races.  Don't half ass it...... Mitch is basically the Hannibal Lector of the Senate so he's not dumb and I think he may just be putting pressure on Don to resign rather than have to make a vote.  But if he does..... he'll make it known to his caucus and whip some votes.  Half assing it would be awful for the GOP..... it would lead to another great GOP break.

2 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

71% is an all time low for dotard. He’s always high 80’s to low 90’s. He’s lost a lot of support and those are the republicans McConnell/Cheny can’t afford to lose long term. 

When your all time low is about 3/4 of your party....you're still fine.  That means that less than 30% of the party opposes him.  70 to 30....that math is strong.  Relative shittiness doesn't matter (he WAS at 80, now he's at 70).  He still has a huge majority of the GOP slavishly devoted to him.

Trump will either be their king, or kingmaker until the day he dies.  You don't get to invite cancer into every part of your body, and then years later, yell at it to get out.  Too late.  You're nothing but a tumor factory now.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When your all time low is about 3/4 of your party....you're still fine.  That means that less than 30% of the party opposes him.  70 to 30....that math is strong.  Relative shittiness doesn't matter (he WAS at 80, now he's at 70).  He still has a huge majority of the GOP slavishly devoted to him.

Trump will either be their king, or kingmaker until the day he dies.  You don't get to invite cancer into every part of your body, and then years later, yell at it to get out.  Too late.  You're nothing but a tumor factory now.

The republicans have the best propaganda machine in the world.  Imagine it directed against Trump.  The GOP core competency is manipulating public opinion so they can get away with anything.  It’s about to be put to the test. 

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The republicans have the best propaganda machine in the world.  Imagine it directed against Trump.  The GOP core competency is manipulating public opinion so they can get away with anything.  It’s about to be put to the test. 

They tried that, in the 2016 primary.  He slaughtered them, and it wasn't even close.

Trump is better at propaganda than the rest of the GOP combined.  And he already has the cult firmly in his corner.  It's done.  This battle was fought and lost years ago.

• Like 1

The ones that cling to Trump for the Trumptard base are gonna get crushed by the party as they distance themselves from the worst of what will come out. There is a lot of moving parts and what have yous. What a fucking time to be alive.
Straight into my veins

Watching David Muir and he's hinting about turtle flipping over. They are furiously masterbating to Liz Cheney's announcement.

• Haha 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

They tried that, in the 2016 primary.  He slaughtered them, and it wasn't even close.

Trump is better at propaganda than the rest of the GOP combined.  And he already has the cult firmly in his corner.  It's done.  This battle was fought and lost years ago.

Hopefully, that power will be greatly mitigated w/out twitter.   And he could still die on the shitter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

You’re missing the forest for the trees. 
trump is now the worst thing in his entire worldview: a loser

lost the house, got destroyed in the general election, lost Georgia, lost the senate, lost his Twitter account.

L-O-S-E-R. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

It is happening as Steve Schimidt predicted. There has to be a civil war for control of the party and they are gonna go through some things. It makes me slightly queezy like seeing a bad car wreck and how I turn my eyes toward it hoping to see what happened. Fuuuuck

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

lost the house, got destroyed in the general election, lost Georgia, lost the senate, lost his Twitter account.

L-O-S-E-R. 

Everybody's saying it. SAD.

• Haha 2

While true, the armed insurrection and fallout changes things a bit.  I don’t think fascism is leaving the GOP, just Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While true, the armed insurrection and fallout changes things a bit.  I don’t think fascism is leaving the GOP, just Trump. 

You squeeze the mango worms out one at a time.

OK, maybe more at a time.

Edited by RDCanecutter
me no link right. So take a bite of food, then google "squeeze out mango worms gif"

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is sadly correct.  The non-Trump GOP will use rational thought, reason and intelligence to try to influence the rank and file.  
NONE OF THIS WILL RESONATE with the Trumpanzees.  NONE OF IT.

Edited by TeeDubya

3 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

This is sadly correct.  The non-Trump GOP will use rational thought, reason and intelligence to try to influence the rank and file.  
NONE OF THIS WILL RESONATE with the Trumpanzees.  NONE OF IT.

Can we just partition off Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana and let it be the kingdom of Trump?  Trump can be the leader and run it all from Florida.  That way we can get rid of all these dumbfuck Trump supporters and Trump at the same time.  We can build them a wall they will be proud of and lock the door.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Can we just partition off Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana and let it be the kingdom of Trump?  Trump can be the leader and run it all from Florida.  That way we can get rid of all these dumbfuck Trump supporters and Trump at the same time.  We can build them a wall they will be proud of and lock the door.

I'd sign up for this right now as long as I can still get to New Orleans a couple times a year.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I'd sign up for this right now as long as I can still get to New Orleans a couple times a year.

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

The hassle with customs on both ends would be worth it.

What makes you think that the people that make new Orleans great would stick around after it became part of trumpland?

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 4:15 PM, immamac said:

impeachment + conviction was never going to happen before the 20th unfortunately.

I have a high degree of optimism regarding conviction after the 20th because the GOP will not want to deal with Trump for 2024. If Trump announces on 20th for 2024 he will certainly be convicted. 

Looks like I called it. 

11 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

McConnell is the most Machiavellian operator of his generation.  It would honestly surprise me if he weren't seriously thinking about convicting Trump in order to try to get some of the stink of sedition off the Party.

And it actually does raise a question--if McConnell were to do that, how much good feelings would it engender with Democrats?  Would it create enough goodwill to allow Republicans to have at least a seat at the table?  Because right now, there are Democrats in the House that are saying that the House shouldn't pass anything that is cosponsored by a member of the Sedition Caucus.  And that's a pretty fucking harsh rule.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

McConnell is the most Machiavellian operator of his generation.  It would honestly surprise me if he weren't seriously thinking about convicting Trump in order to try to get some of the stink of sedition off the Party.

And it actually does raise a question--if McConnell were to do that, how much good feelings would it engender with Democrats?  Would it create enough goodwill to allow Republicans to have at least a seat at the table?  Because right now, there are Democrats in the House that are saying that the House shouldn't pass anything that is cosponsored by a member of the Sedition Caucus.  And that's a pretty fucking harsh rule.

I think the Dems should operate like politicians. If co-sponsoring a bill with a member of the Extremist party is good for the country, and in line with the Dem constituency, then sure.  In the moments where that is not occurring, I would hope the Democratic party would be marshalling financial and political backing to destroy all of their careers and leave smoldering the modern GOP.

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

L-O-S-E-R. 

Also lost the PGA.  

There will be hell to pay but making Trump a twice impeached, once convicted former President would go a long way to dulling the sword he intends to swing on everyone going against him. I would say it's the shock that the Republican Party needs to its system but I think they are so far gone that it will not matter. These people are so polluted mentally that the only thing that will help is complete annihilation of all Trumpian members of the GOP. A total house cleaning. That means Mitch and McCarthy have to remove all of the Trump leans from leadership positions. Move them to the worst committees. Do not allow them to speak. Make them incapable of making any mark going forward. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

don't know if he knows something we don't or is just prognosticating, but that would be swell:

You may get a single dem defection but they have enough without Republicans. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And yet still better than they deserve. 

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Looks like I called it. 

I love your optimism.  I hope like hell you're right.

I'll be out here on the ledge.  Pessimism has served me very, very well thus far.  I fucking hate it.  But it has.

Let's hope I'm wrong as shit about it, but I don't see the GOP running the numbers and deciding that conviction is the right answer.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And it actually does raise a question--if McConnell were to do that, how much good feelings would it engender with Democrats?  Would it create enough goodwill to allow Republicans to have at least a seat at the table?  Because right now, there are Democrats in the House that are saying that the House shouldn't pass anything that is cosponsored by a member of the Sedition Caucus.  But that's not nearly fucking harsh enough.

FIFY.  The Sedition Caucus should be functionally banned from all public life.  All of it.  To the level of "sorry, you can't get a drink at the bar at the Old Ebbitt Grill.  GTFO."

They participated in a conspiracy to decapitate my government.  Fuck them to hell, for eternity.  Then shit on the ground covering their corpse.  No forgetting, no forgiving, ever.  They cannot apologize, they cannot be rehabilitated, they can never be trusted.   Anyone who believes they can is a fucking sucker.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

There will be hell to pay but making Trump a twice impeached, once convicted former President would go a long way to dulling the sword he intends to swing on everyone going against him. I would say it's the shock that the Republican Party needs to its system but I think they are so far gone that it will not matter. These people are so polluted mentally that the only thing that will help is complete annihilation of all Trumpian members of the GOP. A total house cleaning. That means Mitch and McCarthy have to remove all of the Trump leans from leadership positions. Move them to the worst committees. Do not allow them to speak. Make them incapable of making any mark going forward. 

I like the way you think.

But turn it up to 11.  Don't even put them on committees.   Better yet, support and assist with their expulsion.  They participated in a conspiracy to decapitate my government.  They are unsuited for any participation in American public life.  At all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

They participated in a conspiracy to decapitate my government.  Fuck them to hell, for eternity.  Then shit on the ground covering their corpse.  No forgetting, no forgiving, ever.  They cannot apologize, they cannot be rehabilitated, they can never be trusted.   Anyone who believes they can is a fucking sucker.

The purpose here isn’t even being mean. Well, that’s part of it, but the bigger part is making sure they aren’t ever able to do it again. If they are allowed to go back to the table, back to their former ways, they will just do it again. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

The purpose here isn’t even being mean. Well, that’s part of it, but the bigger part is making sure they aren’t ever able to do it again. If they are allowed to go back to the table, back to their former ways, they will just do it again. 

Oh.....it's both.  Demonstrate that treason has a fucking serious price.  And never let the traitors have any influence over anything that matters ever again.  Cast them out, shun them from society, drive them to eventual despair and a pitiful, wretched existence on the margins of a world that they don't deserve any part of.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Sometimes, the easiest explanation is the logical one.  Mitch can read a room, and right now, the room the GOP in stinks badly.  

Maybe he sees this as his last legacy---restoring the GOP to what it was (which, frankly wasn't much) prior to Trump by excommunicating Trump and MAGALand to, wherever.  If they splinter off and form their own party, so be it.  Sure, it puts the future of the GOP at risk electorally, but it keeps the mouth breathers away as well.  Ride this out for 6 years, call it a career, and let others worry about it then.

1 minute ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Sometimes, the easiest explanation is the logical one.  Mitch can read a room, and right now, the room the GOP in stinks badly.  

Maybe he sees this as his last legacy---restoring the GOP to what it was (which, frankly wasn't much) prior to Trump by excommunicating Trump and MAGALand to, wherever.  If they splinter off and form their own party, so be it.  Sure, it puts the future of the GOP at risk electorally, but it keeps the mouth breathers away as well.  Ride this out for 6 years, call it a career, and let others worry about it then.

I think this is his play. 

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It doesn't put the GOP at risk electorally -- it guts them.  There is not much GOP base without Trumpism, because the GOP base has become Trumpism, and only Trumpism.  Don't listen to me....listen to them and their leaders.  Betray Trump, and a huge chunk of your base will either actively oppose you (dude, there are people holding up "Greg Abbott is a Democrat" signs outside the Capitol today), or simply stay home.  Either way, you're fucked.

The GOP can only win elections with Trumpism.  But Trumpism is poison to them picking up any voters other than pure GOP/Trumpists.

It's a Hobson's choice, but they'll take the one that gives them the best electoral chances.  That's all that matters.  The GOP long since admitted that it has no principles other than "take power and hold onto it."  Believe them when they tell you what they are.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is so stupid he might actually force them to vote to convict but I imagine his attorneys will talk him out of that and lobby for the pardon. 

After what happened last Wednesday I don’t think Pence would agree to pardon him anymore. He put his family in danger, not to mention himself. 

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Not exactly. Trump is still the President right now. There are still other possibilities sadly.

Unless he drops dead on the toilet or Melania strangles him in his sleep, he’ll be POTUS until Jan 20 at 12:01pm