Trump Impeachment 2: Insurrection Boogaloo

Sawbonz

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

on the one hand, standing up to trump right now as an (R) and voting to impeach literally puts your life and that of your family's in grave danger. but man, all they had to do was stand up to him before and they wouldn't be in danger of being murdered right now.

what's the saying? FAAFO?

They liked the mob boss parties but now they can't get out because they know where bodies are buried.

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

Can we just partition off Florida, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana and let it be the kingdom of Trump?  Trump can be the leader and run it all from Florida.  That way we can get rid of all these dumbfuck Trump supporters and Trump at the same time.  We can build them a wall they will be proud of and lock the door.

Too close to Texas. Let's just make it Florida. Then we don't have to build as big a wall.

4 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Too close to Texas. Let's just make it Florida. Then we don't have to build as big a wall.

How much would it cost to pay all the people in Puerto Rico to move to the South and have all Trumpers move to Trumperico?  Doesn’t matter cause it’d be worth it.  Which reminds me, shout out to every single person who has said “love it or leave it” in the last 50 years; I see you motherfuckers not loving it, but I don’t see you leaving it.

14 minutes ago, Bookman said:

As if Texas has any moral ground over Florida or anyone else. How many insurrectionists are Texans?  Plus Ted Cruz, Dan Crenshaw, Louis gohmert, how many others voted not to certify?  Texans are at the tip of the fucking spear. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Mitch and the establishment Rs would have been much better off voting to remove last time.  They were kind of like Texas giving Herman one more year.

McConnell and the Republicans really fucked up by not getting him out last year and I was saying that at the time. It might have cost them the election this year but Pence likely would have handled the pandemic better and they might have made up some ground by the time the election came around. As it is Trump fucked up so badly that record numbers of people turned out to oppose him which caused him to go into complete insurrection mode and has put the Republicans in a no-win situation.

Hopefully this decapitates them from any real power going forward the next eight years or so and hopefully the Democrats can actually get some legislation passed like the affordable Care act was to help people. I mean if nobody's going to be fiscally responsible then might as well use that money to help the population of the country instead of giving billionaires all their stock back to inflate their wealth. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pence remains a limp dick.  Just can't find his way out of Trump ass.  In too deep.

Impeachment then.  IF it works and the head traitor is convicted it will work out better in the long run.  That is tempered by the fact that we still have 8 days with dotard at the helm and there are more rocks ahead.

Edited by TexasEd
muledick
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As if Texas has any moral ground over Florida or anyone else. How many insurrectionists are Texans?  Plus Ted Cruz, Dan Crenshaw, how many others voted not to certify?  Texans are at the tip of the fucking spear. 

I believe Dan Crenshaw actually voted to certify. I know, shocking, but yeah.  John Carter on the other hand, voted not to certify.  I had thought he was less Trumpy.

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

Democrats need to publicly hammer over and over that trump was enabled by every Republican except Romney in the impeachment vote the first time. That getting rid of him now is nice but way too late as all this could have been avoided if they did their job originally, including the horrific pandemic response. Make sure the Republicans wear that stain by constantly repeating it just like trumpbmakes his lies stick with so many by constantly repeatinh them. Except this is the truth. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As if Texas has any moral ground over Florida or anyone else. How many insurrectionists are Texans?  Plus Ted Cruz, Dan Crenshaw, Louis gohmert, how many others voted not to certify?  Texans are at the tip of the fucking spear. 

But I live in Texas and don't want to be close to them.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Pence remains a limp dick.  Just can't find his way out of Trump ass.  In too deep.

JFC, Trump activated a lynch mob to execute you Pence. I sort of agree that the 25th wasn't the move here and maybe not a great precedent but if he had a spine he would would encourage Congress and the Senate to impeach in this letter. Instead that last paragraph is more bullshit about lowering the temperature and healing. 

Fuck, he gives the reason why impeachment is necessary in his own letter. In the second paragraph he pats himself on the back about "not yielding to pressure...beyond my constitutional authority...". Where did that pressure happen to come from you impotent coward?

Edited by UncleSonny
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I hate your point, because it’s true. I’m reading Missouri has messaged it-show-me-self between Hawley and political viability. Texas can’t even conjure the same hope with Cruz.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Speak of a devil

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

McConnell is the most Machiavellian operator of his generation.  It would honestly surprise me if he weren't seriously thinking about convicting Trump in order to try to get some of the stink of sedition off the Party.

And it actually does raise a question--if McConnell were to do that, how much good feelings would it engender with Democrats?  Would it create enough goodwill to allow Republicans to have at least a seat at the table?  Because right now, there are Democrats in the House that are saying that the House shouldn't pass anything that is cosponsored by a member of the Sedition Caucus.  And that's a pretty fucking harsh rule.

They should give the seditious republicans shitty committee assignments and some of them no assignments, I think that is possible. They can censure some even. Maybe some assholes need to be expelled.  The reasonable republicans, they should work with. Get shit done finally on infrastructure, healthcare, reasonable regulations. Give us what we need and be an actual working legislature.  

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Get shit done finally on infrastructure, healthcare, reasonable regulations. Give us what we need and be an actual working legislature.  

Have you been paying attention?  This cannot happen with these Rs.  Obstruction is all they know.  Get rid of the filibuster and then we'll talk.

• Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

JFC, Trump activated a lynch mob to execute you Pence. I sort of agree that the 25th wasn't the move here and maybe not a great precedent but if he had a spine he would would encourage Congress and the Senate to impeach in this letter. Instead that last paragraph is more bullshit about lowering the temperature and healing. 

Pence is The Gimp.

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Have you been paying attention?  This cannot happen with these Rs.  Obstruction is all they know.  Get rid of the filibuster and then we'll talk.

You see that I have. Things are changing fast before our eyes and need reevaluation. Obstruction no longer will work for them and I'm talking about the ones not aligned with the Trumplicans. There are some that might see an increase in their power if they go independent. There aren't many but there are a few and they might as well get a seat at the table by working with the dems than being elbowed out completely. I'm saying the dems need to vet those ones out and let them sit down and share in the work. Give them a boon for not being lying enablers of Trump.

2 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

You see that I have. Things are changing fast before our eyes and need reevaluation. Obstruction no longer will work for them and I'm talking about the ones not aligned with the Trumplicans. There are some that might see an increase in their power if they go independent. There aren't many but there are a few and they might as well get a seat at the table by working with the dems than being elbowed out completely. I'm saying the dems need to vet those ones out and let them sit down and share in the work. Give them a boon for not being lying enablers of Trump.

they were lying enablers of trump for 1450-odd days of the 1461 days of the trump presidency. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

I'm actually having good thoughts about McConnell possibly doing the right thing.

Someone punch me in the face NOW because I need to wake up. After all the shit McConnell pulled during the Obama administration, he can choke on a 

HOW TO make six-pack pendant lights – Relevé Design

Not until I drink all six, marry them together, then rip them apart behind my head with a screaming AAARRGGHHHH

Mr. Miller...you're the only Jewish poet warlord anti-christ supporter in the Amazon.  If you could just sign this pardon, I think I can make the last fan-boat outta here.

Edited by Lobo

9 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

These two sentences directly contradict one another. Were we plenty educated, the "poison" that Facebook is feeding us would have no impact.

There's a freakonomics podcast that touches on some of this.  You'd have to do a deep dive on some of the material referenced, but there's quite a bit of objective evidence that people are considerably better educated than in the past.  Literacy rates, for example.  https://freakonomics.com/podcast/nsq-smarter-humans/

But there's also evidence that there are some factors coming to bear (like the internet) that make using and applying knowledge and education in daily life less necessary and that seems to bleed over into areas like politics and civic involvement that are important, but not essential to daily life.  It seems that a good analogy might be that reasoning and critical thinking skills atrophy from non-use.

Yeah, I don't want to start going down qanon-esque rabbit holes.  But that's either a massive story that can be proved in a matter of hours with FOIA video requests.  Or it's the dumbest shit that anti-MAGA does not want to pursue right now so we don't devolve the nation into a confederacy of shitheads the week before Inauguration.  George Conway and Lincoln Project have plenty of credible ways to pull video and investigate this up properly.  If there's something there, broadcast it to the world this week while we're voting on Impeachment/removing certain Senators & Congressman.  If not, kill the rumor stat.  

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, I don't want to start going down qanon-esque rabbit holes.  But that's either a massive story that can be proved in a matter of hours with FOIA video requests.  Or it's the dumbest shit that anti-MAGA does not want to pursue right now so we don't devolve the nation into a confederacy of shitheads the week before Inauguration.  George Conway and Lincoln Project have plenty of credible ways to pull video and investigate this up properly.  If there's something there, broadcast it to the world this week while we're voting on Impeachment/removing certain Senators & Congressman.  If not, kill the rumor stat.  

She's a former federal prosecutor. Pretty sure she's got the receipts. But, the tapes will have it.

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Dotard needs to go immediately, but this letter actually contains a reasonable argument against using the 25th in this situation. Not the bullshit about dividing the country, though. Fuck that noise. 

• Hook 'Em 2

50 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

If true this has to be on all kinds of security cams. Crazy that they would do this so openly. This is some serious shit if true.

Seems to me that the tours could have happened without reconn being the electeds' motivation. So cameras wouldn't quite be the smoking gun. If it's true, hopefully an investigation reveals that intent. I really hope it's not true.