2021 Poker: Raising Covid with the nuts!

AUS-97HORN

Up in DC for work and went to mgm with a coworker who was drunk as fuck. 

they were running 5 card plo high only so that’s what we played. Coworker had not played plo before and wasn’t sure or coordinated enough to look at his cards with showing other people so it was a shit show. 

second hand I get AAQQ9 double suited with clubs and diamonds. I raise Preflop, get 5 callers and the 6the pots it to 95 and everyone calls. 

flop is j72 with a club. Someone goes all in for 150 and I’m getting about 6-1 so I call along with two others. 

turn is 4c and now I got a flush draw so I jam and two others call. River is a queen giving me the nuts of top set as there is no strait or flush possible and it’s a scoop for around $1400. 

I play a few rounds but don’t feel like getting banned from mgm by his actions so I tell my coworker we’re leaving. He ends up hitting quad kings and had one other memorable hand. 

he had KK and a few clubs. Flop is QsJs7x. He bets out and a guy calls. Turn is KS and he jams. Other guy asks wtf are you doing I have the As and shows it along with the 10 of diamonds for a strait. Coworker slams his cards down and says “I have a boat” other guy is steaming and says “you don’t have a boat you dumbass”, coworker “oh, I meant flush “, other guy “you don’t have one of those either you have clubs in your hand”

at that point I had to get up and leave and told him to get up too. He says one more hand, I go cash out and he of course wins that hand too and comes over to cash up, with a nifty $250 profit after being drunk as fuck and not having any idea what was going on. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’ve played at that MGM in DC a few times. They started out downstairs and then moved to a bigger and nicer space upstairs. Haven’t been in awhile but think they were setting up for a cool sports bar area next to it.

There's a nice bar and the horseracing stuff is next to it. No signs of a sports bar but I may have missed it.

Was watching the TCH Live stream last night and saw this interesting hand:

Guy opens 6-6, Bart Hanson three-bets K-K, button calls and original raiser decides to set mine.

Flop is 6 of spades, T of clubs, K of clubs. Check, Bart bets about 1/3 pot, button folds, and there's a check-raise to 3.5x. Pot is now $1,100, and effective stacks are $7,100.

Bart just calls. What's the theory on just calling on such a wet board? Bart has the nuts, and it seems to me there are lots of worse hands that are calling a raise there. 6-6, T-T, K-T, flush draws, and straight draws. Worst-case scenario is the guy has Q-J of clubs, and you're 60/40 against that.

A club came on the turn and it killed the action.

Here's the video:

Edited by Bookman

Agree w Lurch. It sucks when an action killer peels, but you have to play against their whole range. When Bart 3b, he's really narrowing his range to KK, TT, and two broadway clubs. Part of it is a function of being so deep. If you are less deep, that widens both ranges some. But when you are announcing "I'm cool getting over 1000 bigs in on this flop" that is gonna be pretty damn narrow. 

It's also opponent driven. If your opponent overbluffs or if they are one of those people who bet-bet-bet unless there is a raise, he should def be just flatting the c/r and allowing opp to barrel his barrels, whether they are bluffs or value. 

100/200.

Eddy opens MP 400. I call w Th9s. BTN SB BB join. 2k pot.

Qh8c6c. Eddy bets 1k. I call, others fold. 4k pot.

Jh. Eddy checks, I make it 2500. He calls. 9k pot.

Ad. Eddy checks, I make it 4500. He calls and folds without showing.

MP opens to 900. I call in LJ w AsKc. BB joins. 3300 pot

AK5 rainbow. MP makes it 1100. I decide to just call. BB joins again. 6600 pot.

6. MP bets 4500. I again just call. BB folds. 15,600.

5. He fires 12,000. Not sure I can/should raise. He has another 20k behind. I just call and take it down. Should have let him show.

Nice fucking pot