2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

So Masvidal had to drop out of his fight vs Leon, and now Leon is saying he wants to wait until Usman comes back to fight for the belt (Usman said he'll take a longer than usual break). Yeah right, he needs to fight a top five contender. Burns makes the most sense. 

In the meantime, give Khamzat a Chiesa/Magny/Belal or maybe Luque level fighter so that he can justify fighting a top three or so guy after 

Not to be a huge gaping Vag, once again, but that flying knee seemed excessive headhunting. You can see him recognize that the fight is over and that his opponent lacks the ability to defend himself. A couple of strikes would have also have gotten the referee to step in. Instead he thinks to himself...watch this!

In the end this is an honor sport with real life consequences. If it happens in the muscle memory moment, fine. If there was bad blood and things said that can't be taken back, fine. But if you are willing to risk someones life for your clout, I don't know.

Having said that, I don't know the context of the feud.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't. I think I am finally over UFC. I stuck it.out as long as I could but the product is garbage now(well has been) with the over saturation. I don't have the time or care to invest in keeping up with this shit week in and week out.

I will keep up with the big cards, and any that come to Houston I am sure I will attend, but all this filler shit is not for me anymore.

Hell i couldn't even get back into TUF. I watched 2 episodes I think and bailed.

Edited by Scraps
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

I didn't. I think I am finally over UFC. I stuck it.out as long as I could but the product is garbage now(well has been) with the over saturation. I don't have the time or care to invest in keeping up with this shit week in and week out.

Last 5 non-PPV events were the biggest trash i can recAll. Never remember even 2 consecutive cards that were as bad these 5  

Fight Night & UFC on Fox used to be badass. Now ill just catch half of the main card on numbered events. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 4:20 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Man, I am in the exact same boat. I have ESPN+ for a lot of shit, but will not watch any card on there. If it’s on a real channel I’ll still record, then just FF to any finishes. 

I just use mma-core.com/videos to watch replays of cards I don't give a shit about. Can just skip to the final video of each bout and watch the final round only

On 11/22/2021 at 4:13 PM, Scraps said:

I will keep up with the big cards, and any that come to Houston I am sure I will attend, but all this filler shit is not for me anymore.

Hell i couldn't even get back into TUF. I watched 2 episodes I think and bailed.

We've talked about this before, but I sure miss the old days of about 5 UFCs and 5 Prides a year.  They were events.  Hell, on some of those Pride cards, the 8th best fight would be the 2nd best fight on a PPV now.  

I was really excited to watch the sport grow and get mainstream acceptance, but I sure am bored with watching guys who would've been in Rage in the Cage back in the day on UFC cards today.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Mir, Mitrione, & Mike Perry are fighting on a Triller card tonight at the Shed in Arlington, followed by a Metallica show. Kinda sums up both sports these days. 

https://trillerfightclub.com/fight-card/?affid=1643&utm_source=1643

Not a terrible event to watch, compared to recent UFC

decent event this weekend to watch:

*Ryan Hall roll around like Sonic the Hedgehog

*Dominick Cruz dance around trying to avoid getting KO by Pedro Munhoz

*Tai Tuivasa who's always fun

*love-hate Garbrandt stomp on the Kai Kara France hype trolley (i just hate the NZ team)

*Ponzinibbio