2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

10 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Wow, what a monumental fuckup by Valentina.

But Grasso was game the whole fight.  She was losing on points, but she was in it and she pounced when she got an opportunity.

The key was getting the respect with the left in the first. That took a lot of what Valentina wanted to do away as she became just a touch hesitant and went for takedowns way more than she usually would. She started to slow

• Hook 'Em 1

Picks for the main event?

I'm going with the underdog, Gane.  I know JBJ has never lost, but that layoff and going up in weight against such a technical striker is a lot to ask.  I think both guys can win rounds, but Gane can hurt JBJ, which will lead to an extra round his way and maybe even a TKO stoppage.

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Picks for the main event?

I'm going with the underdog, Gane.  I know JBJ has never lost, but that layoff and going up in weight against such a technical striker is a lot to ask.  I think both guys can win rounds, but Gane can hurt JBJ, which will lead to an extra round his way and maybe even a TKO stoppage.

Too long a layoff gaining 50 lbs. Not like he was knocking people out at light heavyweight so don't know where the ko power will come from? Hoping its a great fight though. 

14 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

It don't make a fuck.

It matters because the next fight won’t happen..  When was the last time he made it to his next scheduled fight after one?   Five arrests in the last ten years, five failed drug tests, has to be betting options on this in Vegas lol. 

Edited by Hook1997

He's in the UFC Hall Of Fame, undefeated*, and the undisputed GOAT.

People who suffer from mental health issues and self-medicate most likely are going to do what they are going to do. And he'll probably get another chance, and if he doesn't, refer back to the above. It doesn't change a thing.

1 hour ago, Scraps said:
1 hour ago, FartingMonk said:
I don't know.  It looks like Jon Jones has found peace with himself.  This might not age well but I hope he keeps it up.  

Don't fall for it. He is fake as hell and a piece of shit.

surely, this 17th time, he's a reformed man.

reminds me of maurice clarett in terms of habitual fucker-upper

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Combining the two videos above,  it was more about The 'B' team being on a long form podcast. I know very little about competition BJJ. I didn't even know/remember that Ryan Gordan had a little brother. I don't really know how to feel about the PED's.

Slightly staying on that topic of PED's, Chael Sonnen apparently made Fox News headlines about what he inferred about Lebron James and Tiger Woods on the Andrew Schultz podcast.

17 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Johnny, thanks for the link.  I need to finish it, but I watched some already.  Yeah, pretty much confirms what I figured was going on at the higher levels of the sport.  Its whatever to me I guess.  I dislike how sport oriented BJJ has become.

The best thing about BJJ is laura sanko's channel.