2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

That was one of those scary reactions to being KO'd. Patterson was still trying to fight his trainer and Goddard after being helped up. Reminded me of that boxer in Africa that was fighting an invisible opponent during his bout and soon after died. 

Hopefully this kid is ok. 

Excited for the card tonight, it's pretty damn stacked. Yanez from Houston taking a strong step up. Masvidal either proves he's still in the mix or gets retired. I like Burns, he does a bit of everything well. 

If I had to bet,  I think Izzy wins it this time around, but that's just based on odds that he can stay away from a big shot. 

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Yeah, I'm actually gonna pay for this one so I can watch it on the living room tv instead of the laptop.  

If I had to bet, I'd pick Izzy, but that doesn't mean I'm rooting for him.

Just buy a chromecast

3 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

I mean, I've got a smart tv, so I can stream on the tv, but the resolution still isn't up to normal quality.  Chromecast ain't gonna fix that, is it?

No, if the stream is poor resolution, chromecast aint doing shit for that. But without much effort I usually find a pretty good resolution stream. But I get it, ordering the PPV means you dont have to hunt around, etc... 

37 minutes ago, Blotto said:

No, if the stream is poor resolution, chromecast aint doing shit for that. But without much effort I usually find a pretty good resolution stream. But I get it, ordering the PPV means you dont have to hunt around, etc... 

Yeah, I watch most of them on my laptop.  Once or twice a year I'll shell out for a big card like this one just to make sure I don't get stuck missing a big fight because the stream went down.

Rosas' hubris undid him.  He expected to plow this guy and get a first round stoppage, and he blew his entire gas tank going for it.  I wonder how much blame his corner gets for letting the cocky kid put himself in a bad spot, or if the kid ignored the gameplan.

Still, Rodriguez was really impressive all around.  That was no fluke.  They're both talented, but one of them fought like a frantic rookie and the other fought like a cool veteran.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1