2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Burns for whatever reason hasn't been grappling lately. He's going to lose one of these punching battles.

4 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I think I am a few minutes behind y’all.

I think I'm about two minutes behind live, but this stream has been holding up quite well.

Edited by JohnnyRage

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I didn’t watch. What was said?

“In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face. For some, shyness might be their El Guapo. For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo. For me, El Guapo is a big, dangerous Amazonian who wants to kill me."

• Hook 'Em 1

Jorge and Izzy had an idiotic words contest and they both won.

The Masvidal dumbassery is one of the reasons I haven’t been training lately. I don’t need to hear about anyone’s political opinions, or anything else besides jiu jitsu opinions when I train. But for some fucking reason they have to start talking about this shit with me and I don’t to fucking hear it. And then when it is a Brazilian they really like to talk since not many speak Portuguese. /rant
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

That was an insane hail mary victory. Leg looked legit compromised and he had the scariest dude in the sport teeing off on him. 

some deus ex machina shit. Props to that corny cringelord for pulling it off. 

Wasn't all that insane, just got him in range to do the same thing he did last time they fought, bop em on the head. 

Even with an IV potan cutting to 85 then being back up to 225 for the fight is making his chin weak, at 35 he's probably best off going to LHW and fighting Jamal Hill until the others come back from injury.

1681018302597487-sp.jpg

1681018436100848-sp.jpg

He wasn't close to being done, but I'm sure that leg does not feel good today. He said in his post fight ring interview that he was 'playing possum'. I would call it turtle-ing. He got him clean on the first, but on the rebound, perfectly timed, got him again on the temple. Shut him off.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/9/2023 at 1:51 AM, 52-80 said:

That was an insane hail mary victory. Leg looked legit compromised and he had the scariest dude in the sport teeing off on him. 

some deus ex machina shit. Props to that corny cringelord for pulling it off. 

"His leg is compromised!" is typical Rogan BS. Something he has to say every time he sees a few leg kicks in a fight. We were laughing about it during the main event, because apparently it makes the fight sound more interesting from his perspective, but 95% of the time, those leg kicks are nullified by a much more dangerous thing that fighters do in the ring (KTFO, submission, etc.). But the quote would definitely have a spot on the Rogan drinking bingo card game, aside "He's HURT!" or "Bing!"

2 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

"His leg is compromised!" is typical Rogan BS. Something he has to say every time he sees a few leg kicks in a fight. We were laughing about it during the main event, because apparently it makes the fight sound more interesting from his perspective, but 95% of the time, those leg kicks are nullified by a much more dangerous thing that fighters do in the ring (KTFO, submission, etc.). But the quote would definitely have a spot on the Rogan drinking bingo card game, aside "He's HURT!" or "Bing!"

But these are calf kicks, a relatively new attack in MMA, and theyre more damaging than traditional kicks eg to the thigh. We’ve seen it visibly compromise fighters in recent past and you can tell by their reaction of the fighters such as a buckling of the leg or immediate stance switch

Anyway, im still impressed adesanya was able to get his counter off.  He wasn’t just absorbing punches from the shell, because 3 of these 4 shots were landing *clean*. That first body shot was vicious and would’ve froze most people. The knee missed, but the trademark left contacted and he was still able to fire back  

Lol

Bill Algeo to close out the prelims, "Listen, I would never retire in a dump like Kansas City. Alright, I look around here and all I see is a bunch of Croc wearin', Uber Eatz drive'n, Bud Light drink'n, Domino's (?) make'n son's of guns. I ain't never retire'n. Whooooooo!"

The Brandon Royval knee right hand combo was clean as fuck.

• Like 1