2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I got chills for a moment mid 3rd round just because these big boys were willing to put on a show and anything could happen.

Dumb question, anything wrong with the hammer fist to the back of the head that put Tui down?

Complete bullshit, but lost in the moment

4 hours ago, JohnnyRage said:

I got chills for a moment mid 3rd round just because these big boys were willing to put on a show and anything could happen.

Dumb question, anything wrong with the hammer fist to the back of the head that put Tui down?

Illegal blow, but usually they let a shot to the back of the head go at the end when they are giving the losing fighter every chance to keep themselves in the fight. Kind of happened because Tai put his head down too.

See Jon Jones KO of DC, after he had him on the ground he's just hitting him any way possible and DC is ducking and taking them in the back of head but it just is what it is at the end of a fight.

Was at the fight on Saturday. Was my first time attending any fight live. The place going dark before the Stones started playing, and then they show Nate on the screen a few seconds into the song..... I think I'll get goosebumps forever from that. Felt like the entire damn place was there to see him and him only. Khamzat had a few people in my section standing and cheering as he went full heel at the end, but no doubt Dana knew exactly what he was doing trying to sacrifice Nate, in front of a 90% Nate crowd... Fuck him. 

Experience was a blast. Felt like a club in there, so much energy, even between fights. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/10/2022 at 10:54 PM, Hermanator said:

Holland wasn't ready for that

Not to be Johnny Cum Lately, but I was out of town. Did Holland reach up for a glove tap after the bell, or was that just a part of his stance? He had to have known that Khamzat was going to blitz him, and they already surprisingly touched gloves after instructions.

Not that it probably would have changed much, but I'm sure the fans would have appreciated a little banging.

Did anybody watch any of ADCC this past weekend? Gordon Ryan is just a whole other species when it comes to BJJ right now. Holy shit

I didn’t watch it live, but saw some clips and write ups. When Fabio Gurgel says Gordon Ryan is the next Rickson, you have to take notice of that. If I am not mistaken, Ryan lives in Austin.

Weight lifting and roid taking is not fighting. At 170lb weight class Nate walks around at 190lb+… he would whup that 50 year olds ass

I would put my money on Diaz.

7 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I didn’t watch it live, but saw some clips and write ups. When Fabio Gurgel says Gordon Ryan is the next Rickson, you have to take notice of that. If I am not mistaken, Ryan lives in Austin.

I would put my money on Diaz.

Yep. New Wave and B Team are both in Austin. 

• 4 weeks later...