Tennessee fires Jeremy Pruitt for cause, Fulmer to step down as AD, Josh Heupel hired

Machinator

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

He's one of the least hateable of former ou qbs, but I hate him nonetheless. He will fail spectacularly at tennessee like everyone else since fulmer.

Sure why not, in order from least hateable to most since Stoops: 

Hurts - Paul Thompson - Bradford - Bell - Heupel - Knight - Landry Jones - Bomar - Rattler - Kyler - Baker - Jason White 

Holy shit they have had a lot of pricks at that spot over the years.

6 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Hurts - Paul Thompson - Bradford - Bell - Heupel - Knight - Landry Jones - Bomar - Rattler - Kyler - Baker - Jason White 

You think Jason White is more hateable than Baker? I mean, sure he won the Heisman for absolutely nothing, but Baker is a Grade A piece of shit that only a piece of shit could appreciate.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I'd go 

Thompson-Hurts-Bradford-Heupel-Jones-White-Bell-Bomar-Kyler-Rattler------------------------------------------->Baker

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

You think Jason White is more hateable than Baker? I mean, sure he won the Heisman for absolutely nothing, but Baker is a Grade A piece of shit that only a piece of shit could appreciate.

Ha, I knew that one would be debatable. It's mainly based on a quick run-run I had with him where he was a huge ass.

A few months after he won the Heisman I ran into him at a fucking WalMart and dude went out of his way to come over and tell me how much Texas sucks and try to intimidate me (I had a Horns shirt on). I was like 17 and he had two huge buddies with him from whatever trailer park they crawled out of. Or maybe they were linemen from OU. Either way fuck that dude. Fuck Baker too but I've never met him.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Ha, I knew that one would be debatable. It's mainly based on a quick run-run I had with him where he was a huge ass.

A few months after he won the Heisman I ran into him at a fucking WalMart and dude went out of his way to come over and tell me how much Texas sucks and try to intimidate me (I had a Horns shirt on). I was like 17 and he had two huge buddies with him from whatever trailer park they crawled out of. Or maybe they were linemen from OU. Either way fuck that dude. Fuck Baker too but I've never met him.

I think it's a requirement to be a huge asshole to play football at OU.

You can be sure Baker Mayfield would come talk shit to you if he saw you wearing a Texas shirt. He might even punch your pregnant wife in the stomach and claim it was her fault for being in his way. Bradford may be the only one on that list who wouldn't say anything.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I think it's a requirement to be a huge asshole to play football at OU.

You can be sure Baker Mayfield would come talk shit to you if he saw you wearing a Texas shirt. He might even punch your pregnant wife in the stomach and claim it was her fault for being in his way. Bradford may be the only one on that list who wouldn't say anything.

Bradford was hateable because he was so damn good, not because he was arrogant. Baker and Kyler top my list of douchiest OU QBs ever. Kyler wouldn't shake hands after Sam whipped his ass. Baker took every opportunity to run down Texas. Fuck all of those heisman winning assholes.. damnit I just realized what I said. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Vertigo said:

Bradford was hateable because he was so damn good, not because he was arrogant. Baker and Kyler top my list of douchiest OU QBs ever. Kyler wouldn't shake hands after Sam whipped his ass. Baker took every opportunity to run down Texas. Fuck all of those heisman winning assholes.. damnit I just realized what I said. 

Right. Everything I know about Bradford is that he's actually a good guy. 

Just think about this: Jason White won a Heisman and Vince Young did not. Geez. 

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Baker Mayfield GIF - Baker Mayfield Browns - Discover & Share GIFs | Baker  mayfield, Nfl gifs, Cleveland browns humor

This is not a competition. Baker is the biggest douche in sports, maybe in America

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Bradford and Colt seemed pretty friendly and had a good natured rivalry. I remember when they were in NY for the Heisman ceremony it seemed like they got along well and both were constantly annoyed by Tebow's bullshit.

21 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Lmao what a meltdown

Jesus, imagine being so stupid or ridiculous that you can't separate your academic accomplishment from the athletics accomplishment of others. It's like when a toothless trade school t-shirt sooner fan makes fun of my OSU degree, as if our football team's record against OU has any bearing whatsoever on the quality of education I received and my pride in having graduated. My degrees are from OSU (2004) and SMU (2008), so I'm obviously not choosing schools for football prowess. 

5 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Smith guy's Tweet seems pretty spot on.

Pretty much. He’s not HC material. Still makes for a good hire to ride the sanctions out. Pretty much because nobody worth half a shit will go near it. 

48 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Holy shit.  Have we found the fanbase more entitled and deluded about their place in the CFB world than we are? 

The folks over in Collie Station would like to submit their application, sans grass stains.

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Jesus, imagine being so stupid or ridiculous that you can't separate your academic accomplishment from the athletics accomplishment of others. It's like when a toothless trade school t-shirt sooner fan makes fun of my OSU degree, as if our football team's record against OU has any bearing whatsoever on the quality of education I received and my pride in having graduated. My degrees are from OSU (2004) and SMU (2008), so I'm obviously not choosing schools for football prowess. 

To be fair, we laugh at your paper too. Not because it’s Okie Lite, or the CJK5H follow up, just because we’re surprised they passed you. 😁

36 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, I've gotten crap from Hawk fans that have never set foot on the U of I campus or inside of Kinnick Stadium about Iowa State being a shitty school.  Something about redneck shit heels and their inferiority complexes.

27 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Yeah, I've gotten crap from Hawk fans that have never set foot on the U of I campus or inside of Kinnick Stadium about Iowa State being a shitty school.  Something about redneck shit heels and their inferiority complexes.

I could see that in Iowa for sure, but I have had the most issue in western Iowa with Husker fans. I must say they've been awful quiet for a few years.

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I could see that in Iowa for sure, but I have had the most issue in western Iowa with Husker fans. I must say they've been awful quiet for a few years.

Iowans who root for Nebraska are the absolute worst sports fans on the planet.  It's just nothing more than desperate front running.  It's revolting.

I realize that lots of towns in western Iowa are closer to Lincoln than Ames and especially Iowa City, but for fuck's sake, have some pride.  You don't see that along any other boundary of Iowa.  There are no Gopher fans in northern Iowa, no Badger/Illini fans in eastern Iowa, or Mizzou fans in southern Iowa.  I wonder what the common denominator is?

I remember my sophomore year we beat the absolute fuck out of them (Bill Callahan era), and there was a girl from western Iowa on my floor, and her hillbilly cousin who was a Nebraska fan came to the game, got hammered, and then proceeded to stagger around the dorm yelling about Tom Osborne and 90 years of tradition at the top of his lungs.  He was a real pile.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Iowans who root for Nebraska are the absolute worst sports fans on the planet.  It's just nothing more than desperate front running.  It's revolting.

Yeah, my wife's uncle used to love to talk about Nebraska football with me, even though they had no kind of bragging rights over us. He was a true diehard, and he was always cordial, so I would entertain him. It's been a whole lot of nothing for the last five years or so. Honestly, I feel sorry for him. It's like the life was sucked out of him.

I was in Omaha in early September and the Big 12 was starting football while the Big10 was doing their "NO FOOTBALL CUZ COVID! OOPS!" It felt so empty. There were a few Husker/Blackshirt flags flying, but they weren't about to start playing or anything. The Big10 move really hasn't worked out for them.

I remember my sophomore year we beat the absolute fuck out of them (Bill Callahan era), and there was a girl from western Iowa on my floor, and her hillbilly cousin who was a Nebraska fan came to the game, got hammered, and then proceeded to stagger around the dorm yelling about Tom Osborne and 90 years of tradition at the top of his lungs.  He was a real pile.

Took some Longhorn alum friends up for the Texas-Nebraska finale in 2010. Two large guys. My BIL (also a large guy) tagged along with us and we went to a little bar in town (western Iowa). One of the locals who grew up with my wife (not a large guy) was decked out in Husker gear and shit-hammered. He just kept running his mouth about how badly Nebraska was going to beat us. Obnoxiously so. We were all quiet and just stuck to our beers and conversation between ourselves because we knew our team sucked and they were #5 at the time. My BIL kept telling him he should shut up before he got an ass-whipping.

Since that day, the drunk dude never says a word when he sees me...and he almost never wears Husker gear. 

The last couple of years, there are a whole lot more people wearing Cyclone gear and talking about Cyclone games than ever before.

Edited by Tex Pete

Tennessee is just totally, totally fucked. 

The reason they were good was because recruiting was basically regional and they had access to part of Mississippi and all of South Carolina. Tennessee is a barren wasteland of football talent. Then Spurrier went to South Carolina at the same time Clemson started getting good, and that killed South Carolina as a recruiting spot. Combined with the super-regional/national draw of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and to a lesser extent LSU, Tennessee is boxed in and basically shares the same recruiting area with Kentucky. Even if Tennessee LOCKS DOWN the state of Tennessee in terms of recruits, they can't even field a good football team. 

They're dead

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I realize that lots of towns in western Iowa are closer to Lincoln than Ames and especially Iowa City, but for fuck's sake, have some pride.  You don't see that along any other boundary of Iowa.  There are no Gopher fans in northern Iowa, no Badger/Illini fans in eastern Iowa, or Mizzou fans in southern Iowa.  I wonder what the common denominator is?

Ohio St. fans say hold my beer and hide yo couch.

8 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

On the flip side, I was glad to see him get a second chance.  He was a complete abortion as an OC at OU but seemed to learn from his failures judging by his subsequent stops.  Shows people can grow, mature, and adapt.

We already know that. Meanwhile I hope every OU player has nothing but horrific failures in their football associated careers unless they're hired by Texas. They can go have a happy family life while working as a retail manager.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yeah that’s about right, works out for both parties tbh

For Heupel, he’s gonna get destroyed, fired in 4-5 years, than go to his next job a say Tenn is a dumpster fire with all the penalties and such and I was just about to turn the corner with them.

For Tenn, they have their transition coach to absorb all the bullshit and scorched earth until they come out from the other side with whatever is left of their program. They’re using each other and it hilarious 

So Heupel 2024 Bama OC?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

Tennessee is just totally, totally fucked. 

The reason they were good was because recruiting was basically regional and they had access to part of Mississippi and all of South Carolina. Tennessee is a barren wasteland of football talent. Then Spurrier went to South Carolina at the same time Clemson started getting good, and that killed South Carolina as a recruiting spot. Combined with the super-regional/national draw of Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Auburn and to a lesser extent LSU, Tennessee is boxed in and basically shares the same recruiting area with Kentucky. Even if Tennessee LOCKS DOWN the state of Tennessee in terms of recruits, they can't even field a good football team. 

They're dead

I don't know if I agree. If you draw a circle around Knoxville there is still plenty of talent, even if it is across state lines. A lot of competition, yes, but still. I think they can be good, but I'd be shocked if Huepel is the answer. IMO that dude is an equivalent coach to Applewhite. At a blue blood school that guy should be a position coach.

16 hours ago, RGBIII said:

NCAA football: Tennessee hiring UCF's Josh Heupel

You might have noticed I've got a slight weight problem. Yeah, I do. Anyway, I went to this doctor. Well, he told me I swallowed a lot of aggression... ...along with a lot of pizzas. Pizzas! Hahahaha!  I'm basically a shy person. I'm a shy guy, and he suggested taking one of these aggression-training courses. You know, these aggressive-training courses like EST, those type of things. Anyway, it costs 400 bucks to join this thing. 400 bucks. Well, I didn't have the money. And I thought to myself, "Go coach Tennessee. It's free." So I figured while I'm here I'll lose a few pounds. You got a six- to eight-week training program here, a real tough one. Which is perfect for me. I'm gonna walk out of here a lean, mean, fighting machine.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Jeez:

The records against the teams the Vols used to battle in the East are frightful: Florida has won 15 of its last 16 against Tennessee; Georgia has won nine of its last 11. And the annual crossover rivalry against Alabama is a recurring nightmare—the Crimson Tide have won 14 straight. Ever since Bama nose tackle Terrence Cody blocked a last-second field goal for the win in ’09, Lane Kiffin’s only season at UT, the fates of the two programs have been drastically divergent.

10 hours ago, whereiend said:

I don't know if I agree. If you draw a circle around Knoxville there is still plenty of talent, even if it is across state lines. A lot of competition, yes, but still. I think they can be good, but I'd be shocked if Huepel is the answer. IMO that dude is an equivalent coach to Applewhite. At a blue blood school that guy should be a position coach.

I don't think that's true. Tennessee itself does not have that much talent and there's no way they beat out Ole Miss, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, South Carolina, Clemson, Georgia and Florida for what is inside that circle. Even when they do, they won't have talented depth. I believe that Sarkisian will kick LSU's ass in recruiting, so that just adds more pressure. 

Maybe you're right, but Alabama, for example, only has two Tennessee players on its roster (only one of which I've ever heard of). Clemson has six. If Tennessee had a lot of elite talent, both those programs would have more. 

• Like 1