Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

I'm a chiefs fan, so I'm ambivalent towards Houston other than marveling at how badly the owner, gm, and coach have fucked them over in the past 12 months. I really like Watson as a player though and hope he is able to find success in a better environment. 

The owner has his head squarely up Easterby’s ass. I remember when the late owner was likening giving players more power to kneel or not kneel to inmates running the asylum. Not at all similar to how this team is being run. Lulz. Would love to see Watson with Shanahan or McVay...a dynamic play caller. I don’t even know if they hired Bienemy that it would salvage the relationship

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I remember when the late owner was likening giving players more power to kneel or not kneel to inmates running the asylum.

in actuality he was referring to owners of other teams and not the team/players.  it was on a conference call that was leaked out of context. 

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

Miami for Tua plus picks makes a lot sense.

Yep.  Well, I wouldn't want Tua but I'd take 1.3, 1.18 and another first next year for him.  Get your future QB at 1.3 and recoup some of the picks traded away by BoB.  It's very easy to blame BoB and he deserves the criticism, however, holy shit, this is starting to sound like it's a huge ownership and management issue.  Who would have thought anyone would want Bob McNair back?  Yikes.  I think he's gone.  The only hope is everyone has stiff Bienemy and maybe if they scoop him up, Watson will decide to stay, but it's maybe the worst HC job in football right now.

1 minute ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Nobody wants to argue with you, not in this thread or the Texans thread. Go lay bait traps somewhere else

It's not a bait trap. It's acknowledging that playing football for another team is not Deshaun Watson's decision to make. The national media should stop portraying it as such.

5 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

in actuality he was referring to owners of other teams and not the team/players.  it was on a conference call that was leaked out of context. 

He may not have expected someone to think he meant it literally, but it was not on a conference call taken out of context

Texans Owner Apologizes After Comparing NFL Protests to 'Inmates Running the Prison'

At a recent meeting of NFL owners and league executives regarding player protests, Texans owner Robert McNair warned his fellow owners that the league should avoid having "inmates running the prison," ESPN's Seth Wickersham and Don Van Natta Jr. report.

McNair made the comment as he urged the room to consider the effect of protests on the league's business, according to ESPN's in-depth examination of how owners have responded in recent weeks to protests. 

"We can't have the inmates running the prison," McNair reportedly said, referring to NFL players.  

The meeting took place last week in New York, one day after a small group of owners met with a handful of players about ongoing protests during the national anthem. 

NFL executive Troy Vincent, a former player, later stood up and said he was offended by McNair's comment, according to ESPN. 

After the owners finished, Troy Vincent stood up. He was offended by McNair's characterization of the players as "inmates." Vincent said that in all his years of playing in the NFL -- during which, he said, he had been called every name in the book, including the N-word -- he never felt like an "inmate."

McNair subsequently apologized to Vincent and told him he didn't mean for his words to be taken literally, ESPN reports. 

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, demos said:

The Texans organization makes Jerry look competent.

The McNair's are the Joneses without the rings. 

No matter how bad you hate Jerry, you enjoyed those 3 super bowls. I bet you did.

And FTR I think they will kiss and makeup.

Edited by Brothahorn

I worked closely with the Harris County Houston Sports  Authority and was privy to enough  interactions with the McNairs.

They are of the  prosperity gospel mindset, they think they are rich because they are more moral than others. And therefore the better you are morally the more successful you will be. Hence why Cal loves Easterby , " immorality" is why the rid themselves from Nuke, its why theyve made several personnel decisions  not just football.. its reached a breaking point and many inside the organization current and former just want to blow the whole thing up

people have been fired for affairs, being gay even having a gay family members... when they left  they were given a generous pay out because the Texans have no problem spending$$. Much more to come

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

Wow. There are no words. But they almost had to do this after BoB. They need to rebuild. And need draft picks. I hope JJ Watt demands a trade also. They could probably swap for Goff or Carr and some picks. Maybe Stafford? I’d rather see Watson with a great team and dynamic play caller. If the Texans weren’t such dumb mofos I’d say they sabotaged the relationship with Watson on purpose so he’d leave. 

Edited by Nicole44

21 minutes ago, Hurtlocker said:

He may not have expected someone to think he meant it literally, but it was not on a conference call taken out of context

Texans Owner Apologizes After Comparing NFL Protests to 'Inmates Running the Prison'

Owners and NFL were having disagreements.  Nothing to do with kneeling or protests.  Bob called out NFL saying "you (NFL) work for us, we (Owners) don't work for you" - hence inmates running the prison analogy.  Vincent got mad, power play and went to the press.  Total out of context BS. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I think part of the problem is that Cal treats the Texans like it is a charity. So he plays with it like a toy and shapes it as he sees fit. I don't think he treats it like an important business and makes decisions based on desires and not based upon making the team better.

22 minutes ago, OWLVIS said:

I worked closely with the Harris County Houston Sports  Authority and was privy to enough  interactions with the McNairs.

They are of the  prosperity gospel mindset, they think they are rich because they are more moral than others. And therefore the better you are morally the more successful you will be. Hence why Cal loves Easterby , " immorality" is why the rid themselves from Nuke, its why theyve made several personnel decisions  not just football.. its reached a breaking point and many inside the organization current and former just want to blow the whole thing up

people have been fired for affairs, being gay even having a gay family members... when they left  they were given a generous pay out because the Texans have no problem spending$$. Much more to come

Well that explains a lot. It also means more batshittery to come. This past year I thought it couldn’t get much worse but it is...and the Rockets are a mess. Htown be fucked up right now. 

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Well that explains a lot. It also means more batshittery to come. This past year I thought it couldn’t get much worse but it is...and the Rockets are a mess. Htown be fucked up right now. 

As a die hard Rockets fan, seeing James leave sucks but this team has found a really really solid piece in Christian Wood to build around. I'm hopeful for the near future of the Rockets.  I hate the Texans.. so sorry?

• Hook 'Em 2

The McNair's are the Joneses without the rings. 

No matter how bad you hate Jerry, you enjoyed those 3 super bowls. I bet you did.

And FTR I think they will kiss and makeup.

Oh, I’m not a Cowboys fan. Was an Oilers fan (Super Bowls would be nice). The Texans have not really done anything to win me over; this latest mess just the most recent example.

This whole story is missing direct quotes from identified sources.  Every comment is from an anonymous source.  

No one bothers to mentions that Watson signed a four year extension in September 2020 (4 months ago!), years after Easterby was hired and many months after Hopkins was traded.  

Watson's ability to "force a trade" is, at best, very limited.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, withinyourreach said:

This whole story is missing direct quotes from identified sources.  Every comment is from an anonymous source.  

No one bothers to mentions that Watson signed a four year extension in September 2020 (4 months ago!), years after Easterby was hired and many months after Hopkins was traded.  

Watson's ability to "force a trade" is, at best, very limited.

47fdf9c41990be19d1298ce971c967ff.gif

Nature abhors a vacuum and BoB's departure left a power vacuum in the organization.  Read the SI story if you want to understand when things got weird.  They were bleak before, but then it got weird.