Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

20 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Only when they find out that this person was victimizing other people are they willing to come forward - in a group setting which is obviously much easier to do than going it alone. 

I understand that. I'm asking... how did that come about? Weren't there multiple women right off the bat when this became public? 

23 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

So let me get this right... you used to read these types of briefings a lot, you have lawyer friends who give you (clearly bad) insight... yet you can’t grasp of the most common concepts surrounding why people file civil suits when criminal suits may bear too much of a burden for proof in a court of law? How they want to out people who have wronged them, and hurt them in the process, even if it’s just financially? I can’t imagine a more common motivation behind a civil suit, and yet you, the ‘expert’ on these things, are somehow mystified by it...

Forgive me if I assume you have zero fucking clue about any of this.

Demonstrate how it's a bad take that if the Texans can void Watson's contract via the morals clause, and thereby waive his no-trade clause, it's a stupid move on their part. 

Just now, Hate said:

Because he is their only asset and he should be traded to attempt to fill all of the holes in their roster.  If they void his contract they get nothing for him.

They don't want to void it; they just want leverage to get rid of no-trade. 

Maybe it's to the point where they think he will be Kaepernicked. If the Texans can't have him nobody can. Ruin him like CK or Michael Vick. In that case the Texans save a bunch of money, even if they don't get players and picks in return.

I just flat out refuse to believe that you can put together the Texans, Tony Buzbee, and the timing of this, coming right after they sign a serviceable back-up, and come out with any other conclusion than Texans fuckery. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

You know a no trade clause doesn't mean Watson can't be traded right? It just means he has right of refusal. 

This would be an insane gambit for a franchise to take to try and get a player to accept a trade to a team he doesn't want when you could just trade him to a team that he would happily go to.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I mean, the Texans are obviously a disaster, but I don’t think we can draw an equivalency between “Why would you let Bill O’Brien be your GM and trade Hopkins and Clowney for peanuts?” with “Why would you frame your own star QB as a serial rapist?”   

Buzbee is a clown and I wouldn’t put it past him to go all Michael Avenatti, but as for Texans’ management conspiracies, “Why in the blue fuck would the organization do something like this?!” still seems pretty compelling to me.  

Supposedly Easterby had putting tails on the players....Why would he neglect Watson? And why does this all come to fore the day or day after they sign a reasonable NFL QB?

14 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

You know a no trade clause doesn't mean Watson can't be traded right? It just means he has right of refusal. 

This would be an insane gambit for a franchise to take to try and get a player to accept a trade to a team he doesn't want when you could just trade him to a team that he would happily go to.

They could get more value for him if there were a wider range of teams to trade him to. 

I understand that. I'm asking... how did that come about? Weren't there multiple women right off the bat when this became public? 

It would make sense if initially there was one, even 2, woman who filed suit. Then organically others come forward.

This seems like Watson was under surveillance and interviews were conducted. A hack of his cell phone would do the trick.

Watson’s weakness would be identified and exploited.

I have no idea what’s going on, but here’s a scenario I think is possible:

>McNair gossips with his neighbor Buzbee. Says it’d be a shame if Watson’s indiscretions came to light. McNair says his dad was right about inmates running the asylum.

>Buzbee hires PI to get dirt on Watson. Finds he texts and frequents sex workers and Instagram models.

>Buzbee or associate works trail of sex workers and Instagram models. They get stories in order.

>Buzbee extorts Watson on behalf of client. Gets more dirt. Gets suits lined up.

>Cal has doubts about what he set in motion, but since he’s identified Watson as an adversary, he’s enjoying inflicting pain and gaining leverage.
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I mean, the Texans are obviously a disaster, but I don’t think we can draw an equivalency between “Why would you let Bill O’Brien be your GM and trade Hopkins and Clowney for peanuts?” with “Why would you frame your own star QB as a serial rapist?”   

Buzbee is a clown and I wouldn’t put it past him to go all Michael Avenatti, but as for Texans’ management conspiracies, “Why in the blue fuck would the organization do something like this?!” still seems pretty compelling to me.  

The only thing that makes any sense, and it doesn't make much sense, is the Texans could say "welllll we tried to trade you, but you're damaged goods now. See you in training camp"

All of this is terrible and I really hope he's not guilty of these accusations. 

4 hours ago, Helobious said:

For most reasonable people, “DW assaulted me yesterday so I’m filing a police report today” is much easier to believe than “DW assaulted me a few months ago and I’m suing him for it now”. 

The allegations may be true, but the optics of the first scenario are much more likely to garner sympathy.

Well then 'most reasonable people' are fucking idiots and clearly don't know the psychology of rape victims and sexual abuse in large part due to what Htown said in line one.  

it doesn't matter what these reasonable people think the girls should have done or expected to happen by where they advertised or how they got there.

This is the part where i say people need to start caring more about other people and what they go through before making wild and crazy judgements.  especially if it doesn't affect you so it must not be a problem mentality.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Cosby sexually abused women for years, and it was only after a relatively unknown comic outed him during a stand up routine was that window opened. Same with Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein.

I don't think Watson is getting railroaded here, unless there is a subreddit forum asking for masseuses that have been sexually harassed by Top 5 NFL QBs.

Now that the door has been opened there are a flood of women with a similar story. This never ends well for the one being accused.

I can imagine that it really fucking sucks to get raped. No question that going to the police about it is very hard, embarrassing, scary, etc. I’m just saying if you really want justice to be served, you sadly have to overcome all of that and tell someone, as soon as you can. Same as with any other crime. The more time that passes the harder it is to prove. It definitely won’t always work out, but I think it’s important that people take the shot for the sake of others. For example, if these allegations are true, the earliest victims could’ve possibly spared several later victims the same fate if they had spoken out. We’ll never know, but it’s possible. It’s not an easy thing to do, it’s a lot to ask someone to overcome, but sometimes it’s just what is necessary. 

• Hook 'Em 3

44 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Supposedly Easterby had putting tails on the players....Why would he neglect Watson? And why does this all come to fore the day or day after they sign a reasonable NFL QB?

You think this is exclusive to the Texans or Easterby. Any owner forking over the money it takes to sign some of these stars is going to do their due diligence. I would say all NFL teams and the NFL itself have investigative personnel.

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I can imagine that it really fucking sucks to get raped. No question that going to the police about it is very hard, embarrassing, scary, etc. I’m just saying if you really want justice to be served, you sadly have to overcome all of that and tell someone, as soon as you can. Same as with any other crime. The more time that passes the harder it is to prove. It definitely won’t always work out, but I think it’s important that people take the shot for the sake of others. For example, if these allegations are true, the earliest victims could’ve possibly spared several later victims the same fate if they had spoken out. We’ll never know, but it’s possible. It’s not an easy thing to do, it’s a lot to ask someone to overcome, but sometimes it’s just what is necessary. 

You imagine it really fucking sucks to get raped. You should stop while you are clearly behind, but maybe you like the butt stuff so you empathize with Watson.

• Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It definitely won’t always work out, but I think it’s important that people take the shot for the sake of others. For example, if these allegations are true, the earliest victims could’ve possibly spared several later victims the same fate if they had spoken out.

I understand what you are getting at but you are blaming victims (or at least giving them some responsibility) for the assault of future victims now. I know that probably wasn't your intent but still that can't be where this goes. 

Sexual assault isn't any other crime. It's knotty and complicated enough without other people trying to tell victims how they should respond it it. 

Edited by UncleSonny

I just can't believe for one minute the Texans are stupid enough to scheme this up.  The most likely scenario is that they signed Taylor because they knwo they are about to be without Deshaun for an extended period of time. This whole thing sucks for everyone involved. 

Another lawyer buddy points out an oddity in the first three suits -- none request citation to Watson, meaning he has not been served in any of them. This lawyer points out that because that is so, unless Watson reaches out to accept citation of these suits, they are not technically even active right now, except in the court of public opinion. Said lawyer says this is the kind of tactic you use when you want to try a case in the media rather than court. 

I am a man of little faith, but there is one thing I truly believe in, and that is the complete and utter stupidity of the Houston Texans organization. Another thing I truly believe in is that Tony Buzbee is an alcoholic sleazeball with the morals of a fruit fly in heat. I could see Failson and Buzbee meeting night after night in bourbon hazes scheming something like this up with no real endgame in sight. 

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

I just can't believe for one minute the Texans are stupid enough to scheme this up.  The most likely scenario is that they signed Taylor because they knwo they are about to be without Deshaun for an extended period of time. This whole thing sucks for everyone involved. 

I am curious if he gave the Texans a heads up before this started knowing that this will be a long game regarding a high end settlement. That would not only kill his trade value but also make it more than likely that the Texans would get a grievance filled against then if they would have traded him knowing about it..

Buzbee may have known about this and was planning something for later in the season and once they trade rumors popped up he first warned the Texans and so they killed trade discussions and set up a potential replacement knowing it was coming.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

If I fly you in from Atlanta, you damn well better believe there will be some inappropriate touching expected. 

I posted this based on Buzbee's opening salvo, Watson's response about the '6 figure settlement' and instagram's reputation. Of course no one should be forced to sexually do something they do not want.

Obviously, now we've crossed over into a whole new realm. IF there are 9 separate incidents or victims, there's some Bill Cosby level shit going on. 

And kind of piggybacking off @Helobious, whether it be next day, next week, next month, next year, whatever..if you can tell it to a lawyer, the cops should know about.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I am a man of little faith, but there is one thing I truly believe in, and that is the complete and utter stupidity of the Houston Texans organization. Another thing I truly believe in is that Tony Buzbee is an alcoholic sleazeball with the morals of a fruit fly in heat. I could see Failson and Buzbee meeting night after night in bourbon hazes scheming something like this up with no real endgame in sight. 

If true, this fucks the Texans. His career is about to be on pause/over. And they get nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The conspiracy theory is retarded, but so is train conductor Cal. 

They could have had 3 firsts plus extra earlier this week. That helps the franchise far more than some personal giggles about soiling Deshaun’s clean reputation. 

but you see, you're thinking like someone with a rational football brain.

not only does Houston get 3 firsts, but assuming the Texans had a heads up these cases were coming (which they may have given the signing of Tyrod), they could have made Watson's troubles some other team's issue by trading him before the shit hit the fan.

but they didn't do any of that stuff.  

i agree, the conspiracy theory stuff seems stupid because it hurts the team, but damn near every decision Cal McNair has made since taking over has hurt the team.  he's driven by something else.

So the first alleged victim said after the assault other NFL players contacted her via Instagram saying Big D (she took it to mean Deshaun) had sent them.

Eventually, the woman started crying and before she was able to get Watson to leave, he allegedly said "I know you have a career and reputation, and I know you would hate for someone to mess with yours, just like I don't want anyone messing with mine." 

The woman took that as a threat that Watson might try to ruin her career if she said anything. 

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

The implications of the Texans doing this go so far beyond trading a player that it’s ludicrous to even frame the issue in those terms.   They’ve supposedly been tailing Watson with the intent of having third parties falsely depict him as a sexual predator?  

Ok:

1. That would be diabolical, and even if you think they’re that evil, they would still be exposing themselves to civil and criminal liability if they’re caught.  I’d be shocked if Cal McNair or any of the rest of them cares that much about football to take that gamble.  

2. How do the Texans look good in this even if the plan works?  Then the story becomes, “Hey, Houston, why did you pay this rapist $150,000,000? Did you look the other way and enable him?  You mean you really never heard anything about his conduct with women?  Let us talk to your female employees about him.  What did you do when so and so complained about him on this date?” Etc.  The Texans are going to have plenty of headaches from this, too.  It’s also not the image the organization wants if they’re half as Religious Right as portrayed on here.  “The Texans organization believes in family values.  For example,  we keep a sign up on the main office bulletin board that tracks how many days since our most celebrated players assaulted an Instagram masseuse - it’s up to 2 days now!”

3. As others have said, this tanks his trade value.  Even just from a football perspective - which is so far down the list of concerns for this scenario - it only hurts the Texans.

Motherlovin THIS. Ferfucksakes some Texans fans have lost their got damn minds with this QBanon bullshit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Cosby sexually abused women for years, and it was only after a relatively unknown comic outed him during a stand up routine was that window opened. Same with Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Epstein.

I don't think Watson is getting railroaded here, unless there is a subreddit forum asking for masseuses that have been sexually harassed by Top 5 NFL QBs.

Now that the door has been opened there are a flood of women with a similar story. This never ends well for the one being accused.

see also: Darren Sharper, Kellen Winslow Jr.....

To clarify, I am not saying anything either way about Watson or the alleged victims in this case. I'm just pointing out the pattern of one victim who opens the door for multiple others to feel safe walking through. 

So dumb question, but maybe this tied into why this seems so by the seat fo the pants.... If Watson was traded out of Texas, what would that do to Buzbee’s ability to file a suit and is Texas a more advantageous place to litigate or not?

If he thought Watson could be traded and it hurts either his ability to file or the potential payout, it would make a lot of sense to them push this now to make sure  that he is in the most advantageous position. That would explain a bit of the amateur hour nature of some of this... Or he is just an insane drunk...

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Maybe it's to the point where they think he will be Kaepernicked. If the Texans can't have him nobody can. Ruin him like CK or Michael Vick. In that case the Texans save a bunch of money, even if they don't get players and picks in return.

I just flat out refuse to believe that you can put together the Texans, Tony Buzbee, and the timing of this, coming right after they sign a serviceable back-up, and come out with any other conclusion than Texans fuckery. 

Demonstrate how it's a bad take that if the Texans can void Watson's contract via the morals clause, and thereby waive his no-trade clause, it's a stupid move on their part. 

They could get more value for him if there were a wider range of teams to trade him to. 

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

afaik: investigative reporter/buzbee friend found the first woman, buzbee put out a phone number for anyone else, found a couple more that way, news starts to break that this is happening and then there's a snowball of others coming forward. 

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

afaik: investigative reporter/buzbee friend found the first woman, buzbee put out a phone number for anyone else, found a couple more that way, news starts to break that this is happening and then there's a snowball of others coming forward. 

i.e. the social media post was likely a bat signal to other potential victims. Since the Buzbee put out the instagram 6 more women have come forward, if we think the 1st 3 were already known to Buzbee's team.

maybe there are some type of "tampering rules" or maybe Deshaun does not like AZN women or maybe he is worried about the optics of a black guy walking in and out of a tanning spa......but you would think he could find a way to have his people reach out to Robert Kraft's people and get some names and numbers