Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

11 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Buzbee has done an effective job of flooding the zone with anonymous, nasty, and disturbing allegations, but this still does not smell right.

1. The timing is suspicious. No need to back through all that, but a cynic could see this case as a contract dispute gone very badly awry. Maybe if Watson had been willing to waive his no-trade clause, none of this would be happening. 

2. What did the Texans know, and when did they know it, for real?

We have their claim that they knew in late January. So far that is merely a claim. We are to asked to believe that this team -- one alleged to have its players under off-field surveillance -- was unaware that their superstar QB was some kind of serial rapist? That is some inept private dickin' if true.

3. The whole Buzbee angle. We are to believe he is handling this case pro bono? If not, who is paying him? Not saying Busbee is in McNair's employ here. But if there are under the table payments to either Busbee or his clients, it's a cinch that Hardin's investigators will track it down. 

4. The alleged victims. We are to believe that all of these women are willing to go through the gauntlet of a civil suit revolving around sexual assault at the hands of a very wealthy young man for a max judgment of $500? In a perfect world, I'd like to believe that such a search for justice for its own sake would prevail, but this is a mean ol' world full of sorrow, not a perfect one. It would seem to me that if these women were so intent on punishing DeShaun Watson that they would all agree to almost no money in return for their testimony, they would go to the cops, not a trial lawyer dangling a max award of $500.

5. Busbee has been highly erratic these last five years. (Post-divorce. A story older than toupees, fake tit-tays, and Corvettes.) There was the tank. The hoochie mama tumping red wine on his Warhols and smashing his sculptures. Burglars -- not ace Euro art thieves with names like Szandor the Jackal and Francois the Weasel -- but just plain ol' housebreakers from around the way managed to break in to his mansion and swipe $21m in art and watches. He was visibly and highly intoxicated during his stump speech when launching the runoff in his mayoral campaign. He broke with the Democratic party (just 15 years ago, he was Democratic chair for Galveston County) to jump on the Trump Train. Post-"grab 'em by the pussy," Busbee publicly stated he was done with Trump forever. Which meant...until he gets inaugurated, a shitty party to which Busbee donated $500k. And then two years ago he was a "White Pantsuit" level donor to a Hillary Clinton luncheon in Houston.  

Right now, he is posting these weird little speeches on Instagram with each new suit when he's not blatantly lying to the public about facts somewhat relevant to these cases: that he is not a sports fan (what about the Johnny Football billboards, Tony?) and that HPD came to him asking for case details, presumably implying that criminal cases would be forthcoming.  Per HPD, not only did they not approach him, but that they have had no contact with him whatsoever. And when not telling this stupid lies, he is posing for Secret Agent Man shots on the tarmac at Hobby. 

5de4dcef4c4d908d9ceccd20eef0eefb.jpg

6. There is the fact that he and the McNairs are neighbors.

7. That the Houston Texans are looming in the background of all this. It is the most ineptly run franchise across all three major sports not just now, but over the course of my entire life. I've been at least somewhat aware of how sports franchises are businesses with owners and corporate cultures and so on for 35 years now, and this iteration of the Houston Texans is the most insane bunch of them all. Steinbrenner, Marge Schott, Donald Sterling, Jerry Richardson, Paul Brown....At least most of those teams won (or made it to) championships from time to time. This Easterby shit is just whole other levels of crazy. 

8. Cal McNair had a front row seat for his daddy's Swift Boat Veterans for Truth campaign.

9. Cal McNair is dumb enough to believe that Tony Busbee, an ambulance chaser whose career was greatly enhanced by judgments won in one of the most corrupt federal courtrooms in 20th Century America (that of the now ex-convict Samuel Kent), is the best lawyer for a case like this. I have to wonder if other top Houston lawyers declined to take the case.

10. Supposedly Busbee's assistant Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey is the point person for rounding up these plaintiffs -- before signing on with Buzbee she worked for the Harris County Attorney's office.

This is from her bio:

Before joining The Buzbee Law Firm, Cornelia worked as an Assistant County Attorney with the Harris County Attorney's Office in the Litigation Practice Group, aggressively going after high profile strip clubs and illegal massage parlors for prostitution and human trafficking. While at the HCAO, Cornelia was involved in developing the nation's first Human Trafficking Injunction in conjunction with the Mayor's office, which was rolled out in August 2018 to combat rampant prostitution in the Houston area. 

I've been told she has been of great service to Busbee in the area of his growing a conscience about exploited women.  

11. Not saying that DeShaun Watson is entirely innocent, either. Which gets back to point 2 -- what did the Texans know and when did they know it? If they've known about it for a few years, and are only releasing this info now that he is no value to them...whoo boy.  

12. I think what we have here is an overrated and erratic lawyer out over his skis, a football star whose squeaky-clean image was a lie, and in the background, kind of looming over all of this, a pro football team (with something of a reputation for racism around the league) run by people who are crazy, stupid, and mean, in addition to deranged and sanctimonious. 

Airplane Movie GIF by memecandy

Sex in some form is in the job description of a large number of masseuses. There are some legitimate ones that are strictly massage. I can't imagine that all or most of these masseuses are of the legitimate type. If Watson's purpose was sex, he would seek out the kind that include sex and they are easy to identify. One lady said he sexually assaulted her several times. How does that happen? This isn't some sort of abusive relationship. You are a business. You have the choice of serving or not. 

As a fan who has been pissed at the star QB for demanding a trade a few months after signing the second largest contract in NFL history and irritated at all the Texans haters justifying it, I am starting to come around to a fraction of the conspiracy theory: maybe the Texans finally greenlit the legal stuff after Deshaun refused to even consider reconciliation after hiring the new coach and not waiving his no trade clause. All we ever got from Deshaun was backdoor (see what I did there?) comments through “sources” about which teams he would go to, which started with NYJ and MIA, then no NYJ, then Bears then no Bears, now Broncos or SF but not MIA. If he is only willing to go to one or two teams, the Texans had no negotiation power to get anything close to true value. Maybe Deshaun taking a publicity black eye and the Texans trying to get the signing bonus money back while still having him under contract (at least for the 5th year of his rookie deal) was their best play. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

As a fan who has been pissed at the star QB for demanding a trade a few months after signing the second largest contract in NFL history and irritated at all the Texans haters justifying it, I am starting to come around to a fraction of the conspiracy theory: maybe the Texans finally greenlit the legal stuff after Deshaun refused to even consider reconciliation after hiring the new coach and not waiving his no trade clause. All we ever got from Deshaun was backdoor (see what I did there?) comments through “sources” about which teams he would go to, which started with NYJ and MIA, then no NYJ, then Bears then no Bears, now Broncos or SF but not MIA. If he is only willing to go to one or two teams, the Texans had no negotiation power to get anything close to true value. Maybe Deshaun taking a publicity black eye and the Texans trying to get the signing bonus money back while still having him under contract (at least for the 5th year of his rookie deal) was their best play. 

Yep, I believe this is a contract dispute, gone very, very badly awry. 

53 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Sex in some form is in the job description of a large number of masseuses. There are some legitimate ones that are strictly massage. I can't imagine that all or most of these masseuses are of the legitimate type. If Watson's purpose was sex, he would seek out the kind that include sex and they are easy to identify. One lady said he sexually assaulted her several times. How does that happen? This isn't some sort of abusive relationship. You are a business. You have the choice of serving or not. 

Without wading into the veracity of various claims— no, he wouldn’t necessarily want to find the “masseuses” that offer sex as part of the service. It’s about the sex AND other stuff. It’s one thing to pay a “masseuse” for those services, which is easy enough and is strictly and explicitly transactional. It’s another to want to believe that you’re such a stud that your legit massage therapist just can’t resist you once you’re on her table. 

15 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Yep, I believe this is a contract dispute, gone very, very badly awry. 

Someone or something had to drive these clients to Buzbee prior to the news breaking.  I'm doubting very seriously it was they all happened to click on the same Google AdSense link after searching for "how to sue NFL player for sexual assault." 

I don't think this was "ambulance chasing" by Buzbee, though.  Buzbee hiring private investigators to seek these women out and get them to sign with him is both criminal (barratry) and unethical, and probably not very smart when targeting someone with the finances to fight back like Watson.  That would put his bar card at serious risk.  

Eliminating that level of dirty pool, I can think of only two possibilities: either 1) several smaller-time attorneys pieced together that this case had multiple victims, networked, and decided together to refer these cases to Buzbee, or 2) this activity was all reported to one entity (either the Texans directly or someone else who fed it to the Texans).  It isn't implausible that the Texans stopped mitigating and guided these women toward Buzbee directly or through a referring attorney once negotiations broke down to where this was their only play.  

Got to admit, the sheer balls it would take to keep something like this quiet when the McNairs and Jack Easterby are being drug through the mud daily by the local an national press is astounding, if true.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Without wading into the veracity of various claims— no, he wouldn’t necessarily want to find the “masseuses” that offer sex as part of the service. It’s about the sex AND other stuff. It’s one thing to pay a “masseuse” for those services, which is easy enough and is strictly and explicitly transactional. It’s another to want to believe that you’re such a stud that your legit massage therapist just can’t resist you once you’re on her table. 

If so, this would be the first person with that very specific fetish I've come across. It does sound plausible. 

I have seen plenty of cases with the script flipped: masseur thinks his magic hands have gotten chick on his table all hot and bothered and attempts rape. This is so common I've heard straight men have a hard time getting jobs as masseurs, because women worry about this happening and straight men don't want massages from other men, gay or straight. 

5 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

Someone or something had to drive these clients to Buzbee prior to the news breaking.  I'm doubting very seriously it was they all happened to click on the same Google AdSense link after searching for "how to sue NFL player for sexual assault." 

I don't think this was "ambulance chasing" by Buzbee, though.  Buzbee hiring private investigators to seek these women out and get them to sign with him is both criminal (barratry) and unethical, and probably not very smart when targeting someone with the finances to fight back like Watson.  That would put his bar card at serious risk.  

Eliminating that level of dirty pool, I can think of only two possibilities: either 1) several smaller-time attorneys pieced together that this case had multiple victims, networked, and decided together to refer these cases to Buzbee, or 2) this activity was all reported to one entity (either the Texans directly or someone else who fed it to the Texans).  It isn't implausible that the Texans stopped mitigating and guided these women toward Buzbee directly or through a referring attorney once negotiations broke down to where this was their only play.  

Got to admit, the sheer balls it would take to keep something like this quiet when the McNairs and Jack Easterby are being drug through the mud daily by the local an national press is astounding, if true.  

When I referred to him as an ambulance chaser, I meant in the sense of personal injury cases, not case-running or barratry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

When I referred to him as an ambulance chaser, I meant in the sense of personal injury cases, not case-running or barratry. 

I wasn't targeting that phrase, just trying to figure out how the case came together from a practical standpoint.  The Texans being the central nexus makes the most sense to me.  

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

If so, this would be the first person with that very specific fetish I've come across. It does sound plausible. 

I have seen plenty of cases with the script flipped: masseur thinks his magic hands have gotten chick on his table all hot and bothered and attempts rape. This is so common I've heard straight men have a hard time getting jobs as masseurs, because women worry about this happening and straight men don't want massages from other men, gay or straight. 

Have seen it before as part of a (actual, sanitized) sample misconduct file I reviewed when I had the misfortune of doing HR work and training. Former employee traveled on business and booked a massage in his hotel room. At some point he exposed himself and indicated to the legit therapist what he was hoping for. Shitshow ensues.

I would be very, very willing to wager that stuff like this happens to women massage therapists with some regularity. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I’ve seen the claims history on a very upscale massage place and it was not a pretty picture.  SIL was underwriting their liability insurance.  It came up when she saw a gift card from said establishment on the counter and told the wife to throw it in the trash.

• Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

No west mall but didn't Al Gore have something similar alleged by a masseuse?  No physical  assault but exposing wood and asking her to touch it.

I bet that behavior's common as hell among rich/powerful men.  

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

No west mall but didn't Al Gore have something similar alleged by a masseuse?  No physical  assault but exposing wood and asking her to touch it.

Yeah, come to think of it, I have heard of this shit before.

Also Kevin Spacey. My sister used to work at the DC Four Seasons, and a year or two before Spacey's downfall, he tried to pull one of these on their masseur, and then, after the masseur refused to play along, Spacey had the fucking (blue)balls to try to get the masseur fired. The Four Seasons told him to fuck off.

Also, Travolta, right?

It’s been leaked that Deshaun used Insta to find masseuses ... because of CoVid. His regular masseuse wasn’t available because of the pandemic situation.

Thus he asked friends, associates and teammates for recommendations.

Real bold strategy Cotton...

I wonder if they will walk back that statement or leaking it to test the waters on if that will hold water... 

The more I read this thread, the more I find it funny what some of you are willing to beleive and what is immediately denounced as conspiracy or nonsense. It's already kind of a shock - at the very least a surprise - that Deshaun, who was supposed to be one of the highest character guys in the NFL, might be a serial sexual predator. So going from there, why do I see so many comments about BUZBEE WOULD NEVER DO THAT - HE'S NOT THAT DUMB or CAL MCNAIR AND THE TEXANS AREN'T THAT INCOMPETENT.

I don't know what I beleive yet - I'm kind of waiting for more on this case to come out - but my view of one of my favorite athletes has been flipped on it's head already so I'm certainly willing to beleive all kinds of crazy shit might be possible in this case. 

Open your minds a bit and join the baseless speculation. Stuff like this is more fun that way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

Kinda sorta

rs-20793-83426_lg.jpg

He asked Rolling Stone to enhance his package, and they complied.  Basically another form of prostitution....

Edited by clapclapclap

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

The more I read this thread, the more I find it funny what some of you are willing to beleive and what is immediately denounced as conspiracy or nonsense. It's already kind of a shock - at the very least a surprise - that Deshaun, who was supposed to be one of the highest character guys in the NFL, might be a serial sexual predator. So going from there, why do I see so many comments about BUZBEE WOULD NEVER DO THAT - HE'S NOT THAT DUMB or CAL MCNAIR AND THE TEXANS AREN'T THAT INCOMPETENT.

I don't know what I beleive yet - I'm kind of waiting for more on this case to come out - but my view of one of my favorite athletes has been flipped on it's head already so I'm certainly willing to beleive all kinds of crazy shit might be possible in this case. 

Open your minds a bit and join the baseless speculation. Stuff like this is more fun that way. 

I don’t know if I’d describe it as incompetent so much as psychotic. Making up a bunch of truly bizarre sexual assault lies to take down a respected black athlete who wants to be traded is the type of thing that gets your franchise taken away and banned from the NFL for life.  Buzbee just making shit up is a bit more likely. I have to say that the simplest explanation is that at least some of the stuff is plausible, or that Watson made some grave errors when assessing whether the some of the women he contacted were massage therapists or “massage therapists.” 

It is really strange that he contacted this many different people. NFL franchises have massage therapists players their players ordinarily work with. Most athletes with a massage regime establish a professional relationship with a therapist who knows them and their needs. “COVID” would more likely be a motivator for a therapist to keep a regular, wealthy client. 

30 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I don’t know if I’d describe it as incompetent so much as psychotic. Making up a bunch of truly bizarre sexual assault lies to take down a respected black athlete who wants to be traded is the type of thing that gets your franchise taken away and banned from the NFL for life.  Buzbee just making shit up is a bit more likely. I have to say that the simplest explanation is that at least some of the stuff is plausible, or that Watson made some grave errors when assessing whether the some of the women he contacted were massage therapists or “massage therapists.” 

It is really strange that he contacted this many different people. NFL franchises have massage therapists players their players ordinarily work with. Most athletes with a massage regime establish a professional relationship with a therapist who knows them and their needs. “COVID” would more likely be a motivator for a therapist to keep a regular, wealthy client. 

This has nothing to do with therapy. It's about power and humiliation. Watson is likely a sexual predator, which is absolutely the least shocking thing out of all the scenarios being presented in this thread.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This has nothing to do with therapy. It's about power and humiliation. Watson is likely a sexual predator, which is absolutely the least shocking thing out of all the scenarios being presented in this thread.

Yeah, that’s kind of what I am driving at, it’s highly unlikely a pro athlete with massage as a legit part of his regimen would be therapist shopping to that extent at all. The Texans have therapists OR you have your own who knows you and works with you. Even ordinary people usually establish a relationship with a therapist or provider.  

That behavior makes more sense if you’re looking for victims. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

An aggy lawyer with a penchant for drawing attention to himself and making shit up is involved,  but go ahead and convict Watson based on Instagram,  Dr Phil. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I don't know how you can make that statement with the information we have available right now. Someone up thread said one of the accusers claims he sexually assaulted her several times. I haven't read the accusations, but if she did claim that, how do you repeatedly book therapy sessions with a "sexual predator" who assaults you every time? There's obviously something going on here, but there's also a huge gap from hanging dong in front of a massage therapist while hoping she massages your prostate, and forcing a massage therapist to give you oral sex until she blacks out and shits herself. One is futureman, and the other belongs in jail 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

*Believe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

yeah he's hilarious he was driving this around his gated neighborhood 
tonybuzbeehouse_googlemaps.png

Cool Sherman. Looks like an M3A1 with 75mm gun and vertical volute suspension. The applique’ armor and widened gun mount with telescopic sight makes this - maybe - a summer 1943 build?

Best thing in this thread.
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I don't know how you can make that statement with the information we have available right now. Someone up thread said one of the accusers claims he sexually assaulted her several times. I haven't read the accusations, but if she did claim that, how do you repeatedly book therapy sessions with a "sexual predator" who assaults you every time? There's obviously something going on here, but there's also a huge gap from hanging dong in front of a massage therapist while hoping she massages your prostate, and forcing a massage therapist to give you oral sex until she blacks out and shits herself. One is futureman, and the other belongs in jail 

How many women did it take to come forward before you believed Bill Cosby was a serial rapist? Watson now has 22 women claiming similar things that has been laid out in the 12 filed lawsuits so far. Including a woman he contacted after he knew about the allegations.

But yes, surely this is a Texans attempt to tank his value in effort to control him, and getting a stupid aggy lawyer involved to play the patsy for the organization. You do realize people that are posting that drivel are fucking morons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

How many women did it take to come forward before you believed Bill Cosby was a serial rapist? Watson now has 22 women claiming similar things that has been laid out in the 12 filed lawsuits so far. Including a woman he contacted after he knew about the allegations.

But yes, surely this is a Texans attempt to tank his value in effort to control him, and getting a stupid aggy lawyer involved to play the patsy for the organization. You do realize people that are posting that drivel are fucking morons.

Y'all need to chill with the Cosby and Epstein comparisons (and I'd say Spacey too but that is a rabbit hole that I don't want to go down). Cosby was drugging and raping women. Not "rape" on a technicality - rape in the nastiest sense of the term. Epstein was trafficking and pimping out children. The worst accusation I've seen made against Deshaun so far is probably a step above what someone like Louis C.K. did and would never land him in prison without much more evidence. 

We get what side you're on here and what you believe - you've been hammering it home on every page. Some of us are actually interested in discussing the nuance here and aren't convinced that Deshaun should burn in hell for what he did, so maybe dial it back a little bit. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Y'all need to chill with the Cosby and Epstein comparisons (and I'd say Spacey too but that is a rabbit hole that I don't want to go down). Cosby was drugging and raping women. Not "rape" on a technicality - rape in the nastiest sense of the term. Epstein was trafficking and pimping out children. The worst accusation I've seen made against Deshaun so far is probably a step above what someone like Louis C.K. did and would never land him in prison without much more evidence. 

It’s not penetrative rape, but let’s be real. Making someone who doesn’t want to touch or see your penis touch and look at your penis is repugnant.

A man doing it to a woman who is alone in a room with him is beyond repugnant. It would be absolutely terrifying and traumatic. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Not a cat said:

He even married a woman named Tipper.

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

It’s not penetrative rape, but let’s be real. Making someone who doesn’t want to touch your or see your penis touch and look at your penis is repugnant.

A man doing it to a woman who is alone in a room with him is beyond repugnant. It would be absolutely terrifying and traumatic. 

I would never disagree with that. I am simply making the point that from the offender's perspective there are degrees to this type of behavior. The way that cases are judged and sentences are handed out supports that. To use the same comparison - Louis C.K. never did any jail time. Cosby is doing prison time. Epstein would have, too.

Edited by ztejas
Forgot how light Cosby got off