Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

The Saints package would likely be the worst of the bunch (3 firsts, maybe a second, and player like Marcus Davenport). That reported Panthers offer seemed the best, but there are rumors that ATL offered 3 firsts plus Kyle Pitts. Cleveland rumors are 3 firsts, a second, and a player like Newsome. 

Saints, Panthers, or Falcons are all liable to turn shitty under salary cap trouble and crank out several of the classic 4-12 type seasons Deshaun knows best. Cha ching on 2024 first round pick!

The Saints package would likely be the worst of the bunch (3 firsts, maybe a second, and player like Marcus Davenport). That reported Panthers offer seemed the best, but there are rumors that ATL offered 3 firsts plus Kyle Pitts. Cleveland rumors are 3 firsts, a second, and a player like Newsome. 

Saints, Panthers, or Falcons are all liable to turn shitty under salary cap trouble and crank out several of the classic 4-12 type seasons Deshaun knows best. Cha ching on 2024 first round pick!
So we could get Pitts and then find a QB in the draft. Competent management could have a field with that. 8a44a70108c57f501ffad513d01c0ee0.gif

18 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

latest today is Atlanta, New Orleans, Carolina, Cleveland are all serious bidders

Surprised the Seahawks aren't in on this.  They just got 4 picks for Russ.  Could turn that haul (plus another pick or two) into Watson.  But maybe Watson doesn't want to play in that shitty system?

3 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

Surprised the Seahawks aren't in on this.  They just got 4 picks for Russ.  Could turn that haul (plus another pick or two) into Watson.  But maybe Watson doesn't want to play in that shitty system?

Maybe? Ain't no way.  He just watched Wilson run for his life for 3 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, what does the Atlanta deal look like? I'm surprised it is better than Carolina's.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be better than Carolina’s. Watson might be exercising his no-trade veto. If Atlanta’s deal includes Matt Ryan, I will laugh. Or maybe cry. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It doesn’t necessarily have to be better than Carolina’s. Watson might be exercising his no-trade veto. If Atlanta’s deal includes Matt Ryan, I will laugh. Or maybe cry. 

Seems unlikely Ryan would be going to Houston but I could see him going to Indy/Cleveland to enable the Falcons to recoup some fraction of the draft picks it would take to acquire DW….

All 4 teams had to negotiate basic terms with the Texans before they were given permission to speak with Watson, so that Watson wouldn’t buttfuck them and pick only one team and that team refuse to offer anything worth a shit. All the insiders for the various teams have stuck with the three first rounders plus extra picks or players. 

The Falcons offer is supposedly 2022 first (#8), 2023 first, 2024 first, and 2020 first rounder CB AJ Terrell or 2021 first rounder TE Kyle Pitts. That would be badass either way, even if not quite as good as the Panthers offer. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Carolina might not have been able to offer what ATL and NO are putting up. Or Watson might have seen how bad Carolina facilities are, or decided he didn’t want to be with a team in permanent rebuild, or maybe he thought Ruhle was a moron.

The irony is that Watson was a big part of what caused the Texans to fall apart (made stupid trades and contract for Tunsil to protect him, then Watson’s extension was second only to Mahomes and the Texans dumped Hopkins and others to clear salary room)…and his new team will be in a rebuild because of this trade when they lose 3 firsts and a good player or two while carrying Watson’s $40+M salary. 

I will enjoy a bonus top 10 pick in 2024 when Watson’s new team blows. I like the Saints enough to hope it’s Atlanta that gets Watson. 

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The irony is that Watson was a big part of what caused the Texans to fall apart (made stupid trades and contract for Tunsil to protect him, then Watson’s extension was second only to Mahomes and the Texans dumped Hopkins and others to clear salary room)…and his new team will be in a rebuild because of this trade when they lose 3 firsts and a good player or two while carrying Watson’s $40+M salary. 

I will enjoy a bonus top 10 pick in 2024 when Watson’s new team blows. I like the Saints enough to hope it’s Atlanta that gets Watson. 

Watson the way he was playing was absolutely worth 40M (and they didn't need to trade Hopkins to pay him). Dallas just won 12 games paying Dak 40M and Deshaun was in a different tier as a QB. He led the league in passing throwing to a bunch of practice squad bums. Pretending like he was the issue from a football standpoint is ridiculous. I mean I get you want to feel better about the whole ordeal but holy shit good luck drafting another dude that good at QB anytime soon. 

It's a shame it went down the way it did but Texans ownership (and the BoB FO) can fuck off. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yes, BoB and Easterby are to blame. Hopkins didn’t have to be traded, but those idiots were quick to pull the trigger when he complained about wanting to renegotiate his contract. (Aside: DHop is an amazing receiver, but the stats from 2020 have been posted many times that washed up David Johnson actually had more production for Houston than Hopkins had for the Cardinals, so the saber rattling about trading Hopkins is overblown. That said, BoB was fucking stupid for not getting a first round pick).

Generally speaking, the best chance to win this century was in a star QB’s first 5 years before they took up a quarter of the salary cap. The exceptions were Brady and Rodgers, two HOFers. It seems true for Wilson, Cam, Wentz (sort of), Mahomes. The Texans were right to try to “win now” but stupid to make the Tunsil/Stills trade that added marginal value and cost them their near future. The contracts tied up in Watson, Tunsil, and a few others left little cap room to sign impact players, and with no first or second round pick for two years to add starters the writing was on the wall. Texans go 4-12 and Watson wants to bounce. 
I’m not holding my breath, but maybe the Texans will stumble into a franchise QB in the 2023 draft, or maybe David Mills really takes off. This is the best chicken salad they could make with BoB’s chicken shit. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 3:24 PM, irishtexan said:

I think people that aren't wishcasting Texans fans do have reservations about making an accused rapist the face of their franchise. As I said, someone will take a chance on him. But no one is giving up multiple first round picks for the dude, much less anything close to the package that was given up for Wilson. 

On 3/8/2022 at 3:40 PM, TonyTexas said:

Bookmarked

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Well, I'm an idiot. I said no one would give up a first for a guy with his baggage. Can't believe anyone would give up what's being floated around for this dude. Mea Culpa. Wow.

Respect for stepping up and admitting your mistake. I was definitely laying in the weeds   

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Well, I'm an idiot. I said no one would give up a first for a guy with his baggage. Can't believe anyone would give up what's being floated around for this dude. Mea Culpa. Wow.

It's a simple formula. Does your talent outweigh your baggage? Then the NFL will give you as many chances as needed, and people will completely forget when you start winning. All is well, you grew and matured as a person. And the NFL gets to keep profiting off your greatness.

Does your baggage outweight your talent? Well then screw you, there's no place for a guy like you on an NFL roster. The NFL gets to play the morality card and keep on profiting.

What are you gonna do, stop watching? Yeah right.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 2

It's a simple formula. Does your talent outweigh your baggage? Then the NFL will give you as many chances as needed, and people will completely forget when you start winning. All is well, you grew and matured as a person. And the NFL gets to keep profiting off your greatness.
Does your baggage outweight your talent? Well then screw you, there's no place for a guy like you on an NFL roster. The NFL gets to play the morality card and keep on profiting.

Don't forget to throw in a few community service hours, too.

This baggage is short term. Theoretical Super Bowls last forever. 

Kobe butt raped that hotel girl in Colorado in 2003 and 99% of the media and most fans treat him like deity (even before he died). What is a couple dozen handies from amateur Instagram masseuses compared to anal rape with the black mamba? If Deshaun plays well and wins, nobody will give a shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

In this case, I thought the baggage and the talent were about equal. I also thought teams would be scared away by a potentially long suspension coming his way, as he held out last season and was not on the commissioner's exemption list. So technically he hasn't even been disciplined by the league yet. The League was waiting to see what happened in the criminal courts before making any determinations on how they would discipline Watson. Now that he's not been indicted on the criminal side, maybe they choose not to suspend him. But they suspended Zeke four games for grabbin' a tittie. Maybe they drop the hammer on Watson. Who knows.

And while he was not indicted on criminal charges, he has not settled any of the civil suits, has sat for four depositions, and has 18 more depositions. I don't understand why he doesn't just settle the damn cases and say "While I am innocent of the accusations, it's in the best interest of my family, my teammates, and the Texans (or whoever he gets traded to) to settle these cases so that I can focus on my career and winning football games."   

19 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I don't understand why he doesn't just settle the damn cases and say "While I am innocent of the accusations, it's in the best interest of my family, my teammates, and the Texans (or whoever he gets traded to) to settle these cases so that I can focus on my career and winning football games."   

Because 4 of the women refused to sign an NDA to settle. If it’s going to stay in the media anyway, seems like he’d rather fight it.

8 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

I presume that this trade may take some time to go through because they will have to find a team for Matt Ryan, correct?

And Watson allegedly playing the Falcons and Saints off each other right now to extend and increase the $ of his 4 year contract. 

Houston radio this morning and NFL Network people say Deshaun’s camp has been filming all this shit from their perspective, hoping a network will pay to air it as some kind of Lebron “The Decision” drama. Fuck this arrogant POS. 

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

And Watson allegedly playing the Falcons and Saints off each other right now to extend and increase the $ of his 4 year contract. 

Houston radio this morning and NFL Network people say Deshaun’s camp has been filming all this shit from their perspective, hoping a network will pay to air it as some kind of Lebron “The Decision” drama. Fuck this arrogant POS. 

Fuck him if he's doing that.  Because that is less return.

Tell him he can stop that bullshit or he can play for us next year.  If he sits, he does not get paid.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

This guy's greed knows no bounds.  Between Watson and James Harden, I'm so sick of diva superstars playing for Houston sports teams.  Almost as tired as I am of bad owners running their teams into the ground.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

That is not accurate 

Sure it is. If he did something to sabotage the trade (or trade value), the Texans could say “we tried to do this fairly and facilitate your inflexible trade request. It didn’t work, so you are on our team this year.” If he sits on his own accord, he doesn’t get paid and could have to repay a large chunk of the $27M signing bonus, per the CBA. This is bad for everyone, but Watson is a fuckhead so nothing would surprise me. He shouldn’t have negotiated an extension with no trade clause in bad faith, and he shouldn’t expect Houston to give him away for nothing AND eat his mega signing bonus (not to mention the $10.5M they paid him last year). Deshaun sure as hell isn’t a victim in this. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

This guy's greed knows no bounds.  Between Watson and James Harden, I'm so sick of diva superstars playing for Houston sports teams.  Almost as tired as I am of bad owners running their teams into the ground.

Would kill for some Hakeem and Les type personalities in Houston.  Crane is the only one in Houston right now that knows how to do shit.

• Like 3

Sure it is. If he did something to sabotage the trade (or trade value), the Texans could say “we tried to do this fairly and facilitate your inflexible trade request.

Unfortunately, his no trade clause allows this. 

If he sits on his own accord, he doesn’t get paid and could have to repay a large chunk of the $27M signing bonus, per the CBA.

He’ll never say that he won’t play. It will be like last year- Team decision. Pay me

Edited by TonyTexas