Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Stop making shit up.

There was no evidence of force, threat of force, or coercion.  And two grand juries found not enough evidence for anything criminal.

Watsons a creep but no sexual predator.  And all these women were conveniently repped by the smarmy lawyer friend of the McNairs.

And the NFL would be beyond stupid to appeal - yeah Goodell go ahead and man-splain to a federal female judge what is and what is not sexual assault and why Watson (who is young and black) deserves a year while the old white guy owners like Irsay, Snyder, Kraft, and Jones (for the peeping Tom settled lawsuit) deserve no punishment for their misdeeds.  

Unbelievably great trade for the Browns, who now have a franchise QB locked up for 5 years along with a stacked roster.

Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. If you don't think Watson is a sexual predator, well then you might be a sexual predator.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

If the NFL doesn’t handle this right it’s going to blow up in the form of a bunch of angry fist-wavers and tweets for a few months until everybody completely forgets about it forever after next season.  

You misspelled days. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I don’t really understand the NFL fucked up sentiment. Everyone wanted Goodell’s overriding authority in matters like this taken away. An independent arbitrator was the solution to address that. This was the decision. Having said that, they could still fuck up the appeal process. 

The NFL is toast with regards to player punishment after this. They either ignore arbitration which will make the next CBA super fun or they abide by it which neuters them entirely on stuff that isn't proved in a court of law basically. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Louis Riddick just said Texans paid Watson while he missed games -- WOW

and judge doesn't levy any fines...  CRAZY

This has been discussed several times. I hope the Texans sue his ass over the signing bonus (not the base salary of sitting out last year) and ask the NFL for the cap space back. Here is the timeline:

September 2020: while Deshaun was in the 4th year of his rookie deal and AFTER Bill OBrien had already traded away Hopkins and sold the farm for Tunsil, Watson agreed to a 4 year, $160M extension that would kick in in 2022. The signing bonus portion was $27M which he received immediately in 2020. He insists on a no trade clause, which Houston gives him.

Sometime in late 2020, early 2021: Breaks NFL covid protocols, possible federal interstate prostitution laws, and human decency by starting massage + forced handjob/blowjob scheme.

January 2021: After team fires BOB and just 4 months after signing extension, he demands trades through indirect parties and starts communicating via tweeting Future lyrics. 

(Radio/social media talk and rumors): Watson said he was pissed Houston didn’t hire his choices for GM and HC. Houston hires David Culley out of nowhere to be a player friendly and African American coach. This doesn’t move the needle for Watson.

March 2021: New GM Caserio said he wouldn’t trade Watson, but before any deals could be worked the masseuse handjob scandal breaks, just a couple weeks before the 2021 Draft.

2021 Season: Caserio and the world assume Watson would likely be suspended if they plan to play him, which could further hurt his trade value. He could also get hurt. He could also suck, while 2020 had been a monster stat season. They agreed to let him sit with pay until things got worked out. Supposedly they had good trades in place with Miami and Carolina, but Watson vetoed Carolina and wouldn’t settle his civil lawsuits, which Miami owner required prior to trade. This was the 5th year of Watson’s rookie contract. 

March 2021: Harris Co. grand jury does not indict. Multiple teams offer trade packages to Houston. Watson vetoes Carolina again (alleged best return for Houston) and picks Atlanta (also good draft and player return for Houston). In the middle of the night, Watson’s agent calls Cleveland on a hail mary to ask for the moon, and he gets it. They will trade for him, give him $230M fully guaranteed, structure his contract with $1M base in 2022 to minimize impact of suspension, and protect contract regardless of punishment on current or still undisclosed massage handjob cases.

Instead of getting a top 8 pick in 2022, two more picks from a shitty team (ATL or CAR), and a decent player or two, Houston got #13 in 2022 and Cleveland’s next two firsts that will probably be in the mid 20’s. Also, Houston paid Watson $27M signing bonus on a contract he said he would not honor when he requested a trade and never played a down on. His extension with Houston was torn up and replaced with his new Cleveland contract. In 2021, Watson made $10.5M to sit as well but that was a mutual decision. Houston lost $38.5M in cap space over this horse shit.

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Based on these comments ,  the NFL should probably appeal. It’s tricky though because they don’t want to be seen as already subverting the new process that was recently put in place. 

[Watson Fan]HE DIDNT FORCE HIMSELF ON ANYONE[/Watson Fan]

Narrator: The investigator ruled (sustained) that he committed Sexual Assault.

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm not so sure the NFL gives much of a shit about their public perception. Most of their actions to me scream "fuck you, you'll still watch".

This. I lost interest in the NFL about 10 years ago. This does not make me want to watch it. I think that’s common on the surl. 
But apparently we’re the outliers. The mouth breathers continue to show up and buy merch by the droves. 
“Non-violent sexual contact”  the arbitrator apparently found.  It seems to me the current common consensus is that any non-consensual sexual contact is inherently violent. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

In fairness, yes it's only a 6 game suspension, but he still has to play in Cleveland.

And he has no idea the shitty quality of Cleveland massage therapists. 

i (1).jpeg

Edited by Deej

Myles Garrett isn't a good comparison.  He fucking snapped and could have seriously injured Mason Rudloph.  That was an I'm gonna kill you swing and he went in for another, but the Steelers OL stepped in.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

I think Watson played it perfectly. Never admitted publicly to any wrong doing, let the attorneys handle everything, settled the civil suits, got the desperate Browns to give him a record breaking contract, structured his first year contract to minimize lost game checks, agreed to the NFL’s new disciplinary process, and only got suspended 6 games. I believe 790 said he’ll only lose $400k in game checks. 

His only screw ups were well assaulting women, and agreeing to appear at the Browns’ introductory press conference. Watson should understand he sucks at public speaking by now. 

Meanwhile, the Texans probably won’t draft before 20 again with any of the Browns’ picks. 

• Like 1

Is it okay to wish massive failure upon the Texans, Browns and Panthers for signing that massive douche?  There are no winners in this. Fuck all of these teams in the goat ass. 

Edited by Porterhouse

I've come to the realization that fucking Goodell plotted this whole thing perfect. He set up this stooge to recommend a little pissant suspension. Now the league can bluster about being appalled that the sentence was not much harsher, for all the violated wimmin's, but they have the "integrity" to stand by this "independent" process that had nothing to do with them. Meanwhile, they still get their big ticket marquee guy back in business making money for them.

The whole thing is a traveshamockery.

Goodell sets up a fake judge to hand out a light penalty for Watson so the league can pound fists about it being too lenient to grandstand from the moral high ground and do nothing about it.

Then hammers the Dolphins for tampering. 

It’s almost like the guy has never had criminal charges or a civil judgement filed against him…

Imagine using the same rationale as Art Briles (at least early on).

The judge wrongly concluded that this was a 1st time offense (it was the first time he was caught being a serial offender) and that this was a non-violent offense. And that he was a good citizen before he was caught.

Victims of sexual abuse rarely get swift justice. If the standard for NFL discipline is to wait until after the justice system deliberates, a lot of retirees will be getting fines and suspensions.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1