Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

37 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Hah, why not? Godell can decide the punishment himself if he wants….

This is exactly why. The NFLPA is going to have a fucking field day with the next CBA. The NFL is gonna get fucked on this hard if they can just be judge jury and executioner and disregard anything that even remotely protects the player from the whims of the commissioner. 

32 minutes ago, Updawg said:

Exactly. And public sentiment thinks 6 games was too lenient

This is demonstrably false. There is some vocal people who are on social media about it, but most people actually could give 2 shits and nobody in cleveland thinks 6 games is too lenient.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

This is exactly why. The NFLPA is going to have a fucking field day with the next CBA. The NFL is gonna get fucked on this hard if they can just be judge jury and executioner and disregard anything that even remotely protects the player from the whims of the commissioner. 

This is demonstrably false. There is some vocal people who are on social media about it, but most people actually could give 2 shits and nobody in cleveland thinks 6 games is too lenient.

Couldn’t give a two shits if he even got a one game suspension. 

Love that the NFL is butt hurt that it was only 6. 

Can’t wait to see Deshaun what Deshaun can do in Cleveland. I hope that the Texans continue to suck ass and Deshaun goes to the playoffs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, immamac said:

The NFLPA routinely gets their ass kicked in the CBA negotiations which is why Goodell has so much power in player discipline. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, immamac said:

Zeke Elliott’s suspension with no criminal or civil charges might have been too harsh. This year’s others (Hopkins for trace banned substance or Ridley for making (fantasy football?) bets after he was already injured for the year) are probably too harsh. But using a dude with 24+ sexual assaults as their example during CBA negotiations seems like a weird hill to die on. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hate said:

The NFLPA routinely gets their ass kicked in the CBA negotiations which is why Goodell has so much power in player discipline. 

Yep, as a last resort the owners will do a lockout and the NFLPA will cave.  He's safe because he makes them that sweet cash and is a focus for any negativity.

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Zeke Elliott’s suspension with no criminal or civil charges might have been too harsh. This year’s others (Hopkins for trace banned substance or Ridley for making (fantasy football?) bets after he was already injured for the year) are probably too harsh. But using a dude with 24+ sexual assaults as their example during CBA negotiations seems like a weird hill to die on. 

Ridley was playing DFS with DraftKings, not fantasy football bets!

Discipline for the NFL is a contrived issue that helps them have more leverage against the NFLPA.

With that being said, they need to have some process in place. I’m not sure how deliberate the NFL’s mismanagement is on this issue, but it’s notably worse than other leagues.

I think a competent commissioner might get in the way of some of the owners agendas and private disputes.

12 hours ago, immamac said:

The NFLPA is going to have a fucking field day with the next CBA.

The NFLPA couldn’t give 2 shits about protecting a few bad apples. It’s all about the money. They’ll gladly trade disciplinary authority for a bigger piece of the pie. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

The NFLPA couldn’t give 2 shits about protecting a few bad apples. It’s all about the money. They’ll gladly trade disciplinary authority for a bigger piece of the pie. 

So, what you are saying is I'm right? Lmao. 

Zeke Elliott was caught in video dragging someone by their fucking hair. It was a Ray Rice "no charges" not because he didn't actually do it.

Nothing about this is public, and the stuff that has been leaked is more just that deshaun is an enormous creep, not that he didn't pay for fucking weird sex massage shit. Also an owner did exactly the same thing and they let it go. 

Just now, immamac said:

Zeke Elliott was caught in video dragging someone by their fucking hair. It was a Ray Rice "no charges" not because he didn't actually do it.

Nothing about this is public, and the stuff that has been leaked is more just that deshaun is an enormous creep, not that he didn't pay for fucking weird sex massage shit. Also an owner did exactly the same thing and they let it go. 

No one is defending Watson. Everyone thinks he's a fucking creep at best and a predator at worst. The issue is the NFL just turned a blind eye to it until an owner and a black player decided to actually refuse to play. The fact that you people don't understand why this is the NFLPA hill to die on don't understand what's about to happen to the NFL

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

Discipline for the NFL is a contrived issue that helps them have more leverage against the NFLPA.

With that being said, they need to have some process in place. I’m not sure how deliberate the NFL’s mismanagement is on this issue, but it’s notably worse than other leagues.

I think a competent commissioner might get in the way of some of the owners agendas and private disputes.

NFL is probably always going to look the worst on paper just because of roster sizes.  Couple that with incredibly high turnover rates you are dealing with a lot of idiots cycling through.  Not saying they haven't been bad, but they'll never look as good as the NBA.

20 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

It's historically been the opposite.  The NFLPA focuses on a lot of ancillary stuff at the expense of salary increases.  At least that's the their MO throughout history, maybe they are under new leadership recently.  That and only their top tier players can afford to not play football so hardball hasn't historically been an option.

Craft did not do the exact same shit. How is this even debatable?

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

No one is defending Watson. Everyone thinks he's a fucking creep at best and a predator at worst. The issue is the NFL just turned a blind eye to it until an owner and a black player decided to actually refuse to play. The fact that you people don't understand why this is the NFLPA hill to die on don't understand what's about to happen to the NFL

mad people GIF

Got handjobs/endings from massage therapists? Likely a lot more than 24 of them? Does your brain function? 

Then you and Bill Cosby are the same because I assume you have had consensual sex with women and he had consensual with women, at least some of the time.

Watson’s not in this mess because he got rub and tugs from willing subjects.

Baylor’s not rapey because of the women who freely chose to have sex with players.

What are you missing?

I’d prefer not get into more discussions on Bill Cosby, Art Briles, taint, semen and other bodily fluids on unwilling participants.

19 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Then you and Bill Cosby are the same because I assume you have had consensual sex with women and he had consensual with women, at least some of the time.

Watson’s not in this mess because he got rub and tugs from willing subjects.

Baylor’s not rapey because of the women who freely chose to have sex with players.

What are you missing?

I’d prefer not get into more discussions on Bill Cosby, Art Briles, taint, semen and other bodily fluids on unwilling participants.

This post is so stupid it's actually funny. 

I never went to law school but I still know exponentially more about lawyerings than the actual attorneys that post here (I also know more about medicine & healthcare than the doctors). Still, I would like a properly educated attorney to explain to me why there are dozens of credible victims yet prosecutors twice failed to get an indictment in 2 different Texas counties. 

• Like 1

The NFLPA is going to roll over on the next CBA because the money will be even more astronomical. The players won’t strike over discipline because the vast majority are good folks making great money and really don’t like the bad apples. They also trade money for simple shit like reduced practice time and free Ubers.

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I never went to law school but I still know exponentially more about lawyerings than the actual attorneys that post here (I also know more about medicine & healthcare than the doctors). Still, I would like a properly educated attorney to explain to me why there are dozens of credible victims yet prosecutors twice failed to get an indictment in 2 different Texas counties. 

In general, the failure to obtain an indictment is believed to be an implicit acknowledgement that the prosecutor didn’t want to go through with the case. Why not? Could be anything; political pressure, lack of resources, unfavorable evidence, inexperience, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Did you just

quote and argue with yourself?

4 hours ago, immamac said:

Got handjobs/endings from massage therapists? Likely a lot more than 24 of them? Does your brain function? 

Are there any accusations that Kraft’s ‘therapists’ had a problem jerking him off? Isn’t the problem with what DeShaun did that the women weren’t OK with it?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, immamac said:

Kraft went to rub and tugs where that’s what the women did. Nobody pressed charges or threatened a civil suit. Still illegal, but more like prostitution than rape. 
Watson had supposedly legit masseuses come in then he busted out the snake. 

2 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Kraft went to rub and tugs where that’s what the women did. Nobody pressed charges or threatened a civil suit. Still illegal, but more like prostitution than rape. 
Watson had supposedly legit masseuses come in then he busted out the snake. 

Yep. And we know all of those women are there voluntarily.  I mean, who doesn't love giving handjobs to old fat guys???  And they get paid for it?? 

4 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yep. And we know all of those women are there voluntarily.  I mean, who doesn't love giving handjobs to old fat guys???  And they get paid for it?? 

I didn’t say rub and tugs were right or legal. I said it wasn’t the same thing and isn’t an apples-to-apples comparison for Deshaun defenders. 

It was likely consensual, there were no charges or lawsuits, and it is only known to have happened once. Deshaun had 24+ women brought in and then sexually assaulted them to various levels. I don’t remember, but in addition to massive embarrassment I think Robert Kraft issued a remorseful apology. Deshaun keeps acting like he did nothing wrong, the Judge Robinson said he isn’t remorseful, and any apology he has given was worded such that he apologized for the after effects or impact on teammates, but he never apologized for actually assaulting all these women. 

They are both reprehensible but Deshaun was far worse by most reasonable standards. 

NFLPA can squawk a little about this, but Watson is so tainted with at least 24 reported victims that it's not the "the hill for them to die on".  The judge basically described him as a "Predator without remorse" and yet she didn't fine him.  Roger had to appeal this in today's social media environment.

This case might give the NFLPA a little more leverage when they negotiate the next CBA, but I doubt it.  

13 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

NFLPA can squawk a little about this, but Watson is so tainted with at least 24 reported victims that it's not the "the hill for them to die on".  The judge basically described him as a "Predator without remorse" and yet she didn't fine him.  Roger had to appeal this in today's social media environment.

This case might give the NFLPA a little more leverage when they negotiate the next CBA, but I doubt it.  

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

All the punishment talk around Watson revolves around game suspensions and money but what he really needs is therapy. Like some intense inpatient shit. Dude is a weirdo fucking creep. 

Isn’t seeing a therapist what started this whole shitshow?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1