Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

On 8/3/2022 at 8:45 PM, immamac said:

I don't think this is going to go well for the NFL. 

How so?  Public opinion is actually on their side for a change....

On 8/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, immamac said:

So, what you are saying is I'm right? Lmao. 

Zeke Elliott was caught in video dragging someone by their fucking hair. It was a Ray Rice "no charges" not because he didn't actually do it.

Nothing about this is public, and the stuff that has been leaked is more just that deshaun is an enormous creep, not that he didn't pay for fucking weird sex massage shit. Also an owner did exactly the same thing and they let it go. 

Elliott was?  When?  Where?

10 hours ago, immamac said:

Jokes on him. I haven't watched in years. The only way the NFL is remotely watchable is NFL RedZone for me or just the highlight reels. 

So you don't actually watch or follow the product, but you're rather confident of your opinion in the situation?  That's interesting.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, immamac said:

Jokes on him. I haven't watched in years. The only way the NFL is remotely watchable is NFL RedZone for me or just the highlight reels. 

Not much of a joke. NFL viewership increased by 10% just last year alone.  I don’t watch very much of it either but for every 1 of us turning away there’s several others just coming of age and tuning in. 

On 8/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, immamac said:

Zeke Elliott was caught in video dragging someone by their fucking hair. It was a Ray Rice "no charges" not because he didn't actually do it.

Nothing about this is public, and the stuff that has been leaked is more just that deshaun is an enormous creep, not that he didn't pay for fucking weird sex massage shit. Also an owner did exactly the same thing and they let it go. 

Thought that was Kareem Hunt? 

2 hours ago, Fud said:

The Browns might trade for Jimmy G if Watson is suspended for the year, which won't be great for the 1st rounder Houston is receiving from Cleveland 

We had the 13th pick last year with the Browns rolling out Baker at QB; doubt Jimmy G moves the needle that much either direction…

You’re smoking crack. Zeke was never caught on video dragging a woman by her hair. He was accused of beating his on and off girlfriend before he joined the nfl. His college girlfriend who wanted that payday and is recorded saying she would get him back when he broke up with her as he left school. She faked the situation. The NFL investigator said there was nothing to it. (Unlike Watson). The police said it was nothing. (Police had enough on Watson to go to a grand jury) zeke was guilty of crazy pussy and Goodell hammered him regardless because he mishandled prior situations like Rice.
The league wants him off the field this season and it might happen. They want to punish the browns as well.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This whole saga smells of the NFL setting this up to look like the hero who swoops in with justice. They have some judge slap a soft punishment that Goodell and his cronies will review and decide if to make the punishment more harsh. Like a full season or more. And then tell us how much standards they have in this league.

I’m not sure how if feel about this…

Do I agree that Watson and his team was gaming the system in all that they have done and somewhat made a farce of the spirit of the whole process, sure.

On the flipside all this does is hurts the idea that arbitration has any really lasting value to the NFLPA when in essence the NFL can stop their feet and not have to abide of the outcome of arbitration. It’s one of these rare opportunities in which the NFL isn’t really the bad guy, but all this does is help enforce further over reach in the future…

What a fucked up mess from start to finish on this. 

34 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I seriously doubt that he’ll play against the Texans. Seems like he’d need a week or 2 to ramp up and get in football shape after being away from the facility, team and coaches. 

He'll find a way to stay loose in the meantime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laxtonto said:

On the flipside all this does is hurts the idea that arbitration has any really lasting value to the NFLPA when in essence the NFL can stop their feet and not have to abide of the outcome of arbitration. It’s one of these rare opportunities in which the NFL isn’t really the bad guy, but all this does is help enforce further over reach in the future…

The process did have some potential value to Watson. The NFL was bound by the facts determined in Round 1 by third party Judge Sue Robinson. If she had concluded Watson did nothing wrong, the NFL would have no grounds to punish him. She found he was guilty of sexual assaults and showed no remorse. The kangaroo court appeal was just about setting the punishment, and could not determine guilt. 

The fine is a big problem. He’s worth $3mil a game. Watson and The Browns gamed the contract by anticipating the suspension and he’s losing 1.666 game checks.

Browns and Watson should be penalized for these shenanigans.

Contracts I thought had to be approved by the league. This should have been rejected by nfl lawyers as fucking fraud. Browns should be fined double amount of watsons contract.
  • Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, Vic Mackey said:
On 8/9/2022 at 6:34 PM, BERT said:
Thought that was Kareem Hunt? 

It was. Zeke was never on camera with anything. In fact, there was evidence of texts that his scorned ex set the whole thing up for him to take a fall.

Ehh, Zeke was caught on camera groping a woman at a huge outdoor event, while he was on-stage. It was one of the reasons he was suspended. Doesn’t sound like he is a very upstanding citizen. 

Ehh, Zeke was caught on camera groping a woman at a huge outdoor event, while he was on-stage. It was one of the reasons he was suspended. Doesn’t sound like he is a very upstanding citizen. 

That incident had zero to do with his suspension. You can see it on YouTube. It wasn’t a grope, he was drunk in a st Patrick’s day parade on a float and tried to pull a girls shirt down.

Zeke’s suspension was 100% rooted in a single incident with his ex girlfriend from college who claimed he beat her. Police didn’t make charges. There is a ton of evidence against her that she would contrive something to get his money after he dumped her. He got six games after the uproar on Ray Rice only getting two games.

Zeke got fucked. He was certainly guilty of being a spoiled petulant athlete, of having a disturbing love of the nightlife just like his roommate Joey Bosa. He had no judgement because he reunited with the woman who charged him too many times. I am not a zeke fan in any way but compared to Watson he got fucked. The league investigator thought he was framed. If you’re going to only follow big time football with a team only composed of fine upstanding citizens you’ll find slim pickings at any level.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

That incident had zero to do with his suspension. You can see it on YouTube. It wasn’t a grope, he was drunk in a st Patrick’s day parade on a float and tried to pull a girls shirt down.

Zeke’s suspension was 100% rooted in a single incident with his ex girlfriend from college who claimed he beat her. Police didn’t make charges. There is a ton of evidence against her that she would contrive something to get his money after he dumped her. He got six games after the uproar on Ray Rice only getting two games.

Zeke got fucked. He was certainly guilty of being a spoiled petulant athlete, of having a disturbing love of the nightlife just like his roommate Joey Bosa. He had no judgement because he reunited with the woman who charged him too many times. I am not a zeke fan in any way but compared to Watson he got fucked. The league investigator thought he was framed. If you’re going to only follow big time football with a team only composed of fine upstanding citizens you’ll find slim pickings at any level.

Thanks for the clarification. Thank heavens he was only trying to pull a girl's shirt down in public, plus he was drunk so it's okay. I thought he had done something bad. 

• Haha 2

Thanks for the clarification. Thank heavens he was only trying to pull a girl's shirt down in public, plus he was drunk so it's okay. I thought he had done something bad. 

No one said he was a saint but his punishment was whack compared to Watson, who had 24 victims. Watson also has gone from defiant and unrepentant to repentant to back to denial and blaming others.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/19/2022 at 9:42 AM, TreatyOak said:

Regardless of how you feel, the facts were not in line with Zeke's suspension.  Shit, even the NFL's own investigator recommended no action be taken.  So Watson's punishment in comparison to almost all, including Calvin Ridley, feels incomplete and ill measured.  The NFL still has a very inconsistent or what some would call erratic level of punishment, new process or not.  The NFLPA gets a lot of shit and deservedly so as they are constantly taking it in the ass from the owners, but in this case, they did their job..... but did they help the sport?  I don't know

Edited by Patrick Bateman
Technical difficulties
  • Hook 'Em 3

Regardless of how you feel, the facts were not in line with Zeke's suspension.  Shit, even the NFL's own investigator recommended no action be taken.  So Watson's punishment in comparison to almost all, including Calvin Ridley, feels incomplete and ill measured.  The NFL still has a very inconsistent or what some would call erratic level of punishment, new process or not.  The NFLPA gets a lot of shit and deservedly so as they are constantly taking it in the ass from the owners, but in this case, they did their job..... but did they help the sport?  I don't know

Watson’s behavior and civil suit allegations were unprecedented. More likely than not, he sexually assaulted multiple women in a predatory fashion. What’s outrageous and bold was Watson and the Browns complicity in flaunting the fines.

With respect to Ridley, players betting on their sport is an existential threat. He’s lucky he still has a career.

The NFL is both vulnerable and bulletproof. Their core fanbase doesnt give a shit. But this scandal might cause an emerging market (women) to stall. And they want to keep the taint talk to the pharmaceutical ads during the games.

They are playing a balancing act to maintain an appearance of propriety while ensuring that they maintain discipline as a bargaining chip. The haphazard nature of the discipline policy is a feature, not a bug. The owners are scumbags.
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

9 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Watson’s behavior and civil suit allegations were unprecedented. More likely than not, he sexually assaulted multiple women in a predatory fashion. What’s outrageous and bold was Watson and the Browns complicity in flaunting the fines.

With respect to Ridley, players betting on their sport is an existential threat. He’s lucky he still has a career.

The NFL is both vulnerable and bulletproof. Their core fanbase doesnt give a shit. But this scandal might cause an emerging market (women) to stall. And they want to keep the taint talk to the pharmaceutical ads during the games.

They are playing a balancing act to maintain an appearance of propriety while ensuring that they maintain discipline as a bargaining chip. The haphazard nature of the discipline policy is a feature, not a bug. The owners are scumbags.

These two views are why I am conflicted about how this entire process has played out. Watson is a piece of shit. Full stop. 

Now once we get passed that, we now have the questions of did the NFLPA do their job and did that job run counter to what should have been done? Did this whole process provide the NFL more power, purely because Watson is so morally repugnant that the facts of the case makes the NFLs manipulation of the process seem justified? 

It’s like watching OU vs A&M and realizing that regardless what happens one of them has to win even though the world  would be best served with a meteor strike wiping both off the face of the planet.