Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

4 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Just so we are clear, are we claiming that it’s perfectly reasonable that in the 24 hours since buzbee posted 6 women have contacted him with claims and his team have been able to do enough work that they feel comfortable claiming it publicly?

He seems comfortable claiming a lot of things publicly. He comes across as a raving, narcissistic lunatic. 

So, with that in mind, is that more reasonable, or is he and whoever lining up 9 different women before going public with any of this more reasonable? I'm not sure either makes much sense - yet here we are - and seemingly one of them is true.

It is weird that it jumped immediately from 3 women or lawsuits or what have you to 9. Is it going to be 18 tomorrow? Will that result in 18 separate lawsuits? Do all of these women exist? Why have no details leaked yet? 

Whether Deshaun is found culpable or not - it's already a bizarre case. Anyone saying otherwise or claiming THIS IS JUST HOW THESE THINGS WORK! is kidding themselves. And yet the entire thing couldn't be more hilariously in step with this franchise. 

Well the NFL is now investigating Watson.

https://abc13.com/nfl-investigating-misconduct-allegations-against-deshaun-watson/10429182/

“When the masseuse ignored one of Watson's requests, the suit states he became more aggressive. The woman said she became more and more uncomfortable she eventually stopped the massage and told Watson she needed to leave.

The woman says she was so disturbed by the incident she did not reach out to Watson to seek the other half of the payment he owed.

A few months after the incident, Watson reportedly reached out to the woman saying he was in Atlanta and asked if she was available, but she did not respond.”

——————

The details are certainly specific and disturbing. 

19 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Just so we are clear, are we claiming that it’s perfectly reasonable that in the 24 hours since buzbee posted 6 women have contacted him with claims and his team have been able to do enough work that they feel comfortable claiming it publicly?

Well if all these masseuses have the DMs to prove communication between the two parties existed, that wouldn't take long to verify. After that, it's he said she said.

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It is weird that it jumped immediately from 3 women or lawsuits or what have you to 9.

it didn't.  it went from 1, to 2, to 4, to 6, then 9, going by what's been mentioned on the radio.

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well if all these masseuses have the DMs to prove communication between the two parties existed, that wouldn't take long to verify. After that, it's he said she said.

which is why pursuing criminal charges is difficult.  reasonable doubt is a much higher bar to pass than preponderance of the evidence.

Edited by elfenix

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

it didn't.  it went from 1, to 2, to 4, to 6, then 9, going by what's been mentioned on the radio.

Ah okay. I guess the progression I saw was something like 3 lawsuits and then the next tweet about it it was up to 9. That seems a little more natural.

The account of the third alleged victim really rings true to me. The article I posted above has the official law suit filings for all three. She as newly engaged, just graduated chiropractic school in Houston. She is a licensed mobile massage therapist and was excited that a professional football player would want to use her services. As another poster mentioned she was so upset by being forced to perform oral sex on him that she basically shit in her pants. That’s not something someone would want to divulge. Of course I want to see all the evidence etc...but the more I read the more I start to doubt his innocence. I hope to be wrong because this is awful. It seems so out of line with the image he is known for. I don’t want to believe it’s true. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Another lawyer buddy points out an oddity in the first three suits -- none request citation to Watson, meaning he has not been served in any of them. This lawyer points out that because that is so, unless Watson reaches out to accept citation of these suits, they are not technically even active right now, except in the court of public opinion. Said lawyer says this is the kind of tactic you use when you want to try a case in the media rather than court. 

"Defendant may be served at his home address at 11411 Legend Manor Drive, Houston, Texas 77082 {sic} or wherever he may be found."

fee paid was $325, which includes $277 for filing, $40 for jury, and that leaves $8, which is citation prep.  it's missing the fee for the copies the clerk makes (i think lots of lawyers miss this - used to be you'd send your own copies to the courthouse for them to make citation with, now they charge you 10 cents a page). 

8 minutes ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

This may be heading for a 30 for 30.

I can’t imagine what the tag line would be though.

What if I told you...

(Have at it Surl. We got some creative fucks. Do that voodoo y’all do so well.)

What if I told you that deep in the Heart of Texas there was a valuable pro football team that printed money and was run by a Tommyboy-esque Jesus freak character and his Rasuptin...

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 2

Buzbee has announced that he’ll conduct a press conference on Friday at 2:30 p.m. CT.

“We will live stream the conference on Facebook,” Buzbee said. “At the conference we will provide some background to these Deshaun Watson lawsuits, provide copies of all seven of the lawsuits filed thus far, and answer a few questions.”

Buzbee also posted a photo of himself climbing out of a Bentley at an airport, with this message: “When I got to ten death threats, I stopped counting. Key board warriors blindly supporting Deshaun Watson are in full force and effect. As my sis would say, these ‘tough guys’ aren’t so tough when they aren’t in front of their computers and in their mother’s basement. Haha. I’ve said it before and will say it again: I like football, but I would never brush aside abhorrent conduct against women, just because a so-called ‘football star’ is the alleged perpetrator.”

Buzbee said earlier on Thursday that he has nine total clients. He also posted a copy of the letter he received from the NFL requesting cooperation with its investigation regarding Watson.

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

The potential trade partners have more reason to orchestrate this than the Texans. Both notions are ridiculous. 

Oh I absolutely agree it’s utterly ridiculous. It’s just that utterly ridiculous is all Cal does.

I’m hoping this is some elaborate shitty Texans scheme because I’d rather laugh at Cal finding new ways to be the dumbest person on earth than for Deshaun to actually be a guy who sexually assaults women. But if he is, fuck him.

1 hour ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

This may be heading for a 30 for 30.

I can’t imagine what the tag line would be though.

What if I told you...

(Have at it Surl. We got some creative fucks. Do that voodoo y’all do so well.)

What if I told you...

...to massage my inner anus with your thumb?

UNHAPPY ENDINGS: Houston to Huntsville

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Remind me to never hire a lawyer who announces things about my case on instagram. 

In 2012, Buzbee supported Rick Perry's presidential campaign with financial support and the use of his private jet. Buzbee also served as one of Perry's debate coaches.

ricky gervais laughing GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tx ind said:

What if I told you that deep in the Heart of Texas there was a valuable pro football team that printed money and was run by a Tommyboy-esque Jesus freak character and his Rasuptin...

I would 100% rather have Chris Farley running this team. 

Yes, dead Chris Farley.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

"Defendant may be served at his home address at 11411 Legend Manor Drive, Houston, Texas 77082 {sic} or wherever he may be found."

fee paid was $325, which includes $277 for filing, $40 for jury, and that leaves $8, which is citation prep.  it's missing the fee for the copies the clerk makes (i think lots of lawyers miss this - used to be you'd send your own copies to the courthouse for them to make citation with, now they charge you 10 cents a page). 

This is inaccurate, at least in Harris County, for anyone (most everyone) using a private process server. The citation is delivered by the clerk digitally. You also get your file stamped copy of the petition digitally. All you need to do is email/upload them to your process server and they print all the copies they need. 

Edited by Tonesky

9 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Both of those texts help Deshaun's case. They don't prove what did or didn't occur but those texts are totally innocuous. 

Lulz. How many times have you had to text your masseuse after the fact apologizing for making them feel uncomfortable?

In what world does this help Deshaun's case?

They support what is being claimed by the defendants in the law suit. 

Deshaun engaged their services through DM's on instagram.

Deshaun made them feel uncomfortable during the session, acknowledged by Deshaun's own words.

Deshaun apologized.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Both of those texts help Deshaun's case. They don't prove what did or didn't occur but those texts are totally innocuous. 

What kind of massages are you getting where you're apologizing to your masseuse after the appointment?  Doubt ole' Bobby Kraft had to send a text like that.  He go to dem professionals.  Now, whether or not those texts are real or specific to Watson is up in the air.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

Lulz. How many times have you had to text your masseuse after the fact apologizing for making them feel uncomfortable?

In what world does this help Deshaun's case?

Just now, Patrick Bateman said:

What kind of massages are you getting where you're apologizing to your masseuse after the appointment?  Doubt ole' Bobby Kraft had to send a text like that.  He go to dem professionals.  Now, whether or not those texts are real or specific to Watson is up in the air.

Compared to the lawsuit I read that text is nothing. We are obviously aware that texts exist at this point. He doesn't admit to anything but making her feel "uncomfortable". I'm not pretending Deshaun did absolutely nothing uncouth in these encounters - I think the question at this point is what exactly he did and where that is going to land him in a court of law. 

So perhaps I phrased it poorly. No, the fact that those texts exist doesn't help his case at all. The fact that those are the texts Buzbee is referring to or that will be called into question isn't the worst thing in the world for Deshaun. All it does is suggest that something happened and that he immediately apologized for it.

Damn...I really cannot express how disappointed I am that Deshaun has even been implicated in such situations much less seemingly guilty of such things.  I honestly believed that he was exceptional at all levels, not just football.  I hope these accusations prove to be false so that there are truly no real victim here but also so that I don't have to live knowing that Deshaun is capable of such horrible deeds. 

24 minutes ago, Tonesky said:

This is inaccurate, at least in Harris County, for anyone (most everyone) using a private process server. The citation is delivered by the clerk digitally. You also get your file stamped copy of the petition digitally. All you need to do is email/upload them to your process server and they print all the copies they need. 

i guess i almost never use private process servers. 

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Compared to the lawsuit I read that text is nothing. We are obviously aware that texts exist at this point. He doesn't admit to anything but making her feel "uncomfortable". I'm not pretending Deshaun did absolutely nothing uncouth in these encounters - I think the question at this point is what exactly he did and where that is going to land him in a court of law. 

So perhaps I phrased it poorly. No, the fact that those texts exist doesn't help his case at all. The fact that those are the texts Buzbee is referring to or that will be called into question isn't the worst thing in the world for Deshaun. All it does is suggest that something happened and that he immediately apologized for it.

He's not being prosecuted criminally.  These are civil charges and thus the threshold is very different.  But in reality, this is being debated in the court of public opinion..... one of those texts specifically (if really his) is damning as hell for him.  It has the potential to torpedo his public image forever and cost him millions of dollars..... unless your name is Kobe Bryant.... or Woody Allen.

7 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's not being prosecuted criminally.  These are civil charges and thus the threshold is very different.  But in reality, this is being debated in the court of public opinion..... one of those texts specifically (if really his) is damning as hell for him.  It has the potential to torpedo his public image forever and cost him millions of dollars..... unless your name is Kobe Bryant.... or Woody Allen.

pittsburgh penguins 2017 stanley cup playoffs GIF by NHL

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I guess I don't need to see him admitting to some degree of wrongdoing via text to beleive that the encounter occurred. The text is damning in the sense that it makes it tangible and basically proves his guilt of something. In terms of his character and shedding light on what actually transpired, none of those texts move the needle for me at all. Others are probably less jaded and cynical than I am, however, and might need that nugget to be convinced that he did something inappropriate.

So, does it make me more likely to beleive that he met up with a masseuse and did something that she wasn't fond of? Sure. But I wasn't ever not believing that after reading that lawsuit.

Does it make me more likely to beleive her version of the events? Not really. That part kind of remains he said/she said. 

9 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Kinda seems like you might be missing something here...

You realize you’re responding to the guy who still thinks Charlie Strong is a good coach, right? I think it’s safe to say he has zero fucking clue about much of anything. 

And he defends Emmanuel Acho. So yeahhhh his opinions are odd to say the least 

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

Does it make me more likely to beleive her version of the events? Not really. That part kind of remains he said/she said. 

How is it he said/she said if only the he is apologizing? How is it he said/she said if the he is acknowledging that he made she feel uncomfortable through his actions?

DW is going to have to write a big check. 

Anybody who thinks that the Texans are above a "if we can't have him, nobody can" type of mindset/strategy, you're really dumb. I absolutely believe they would pull some shit like this. Now Deshaun will either have to pay to make this go away, thereby making him look guilty to the public, or he will have to spend all of his time and energy fighting it to clear his name and not be able to play football.

I remain skeptical.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

he will have to spend all of his time and energy fighting it to clear his name and not be able to play football.

...because no one has ever been able to play football while their lawyer handled a civil matter. 

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

...because no one has ever been able to play football while their lawyer handled a civil matter. 

.....because the NFL would never suspend someone for some shit they have no evidence of.

Do you want your starting QB to have this in his head while he plays for you? A skill position player maybe, but not the leader of the whole offense.

Edited by Pam Cummings

24 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Anybody who thinks that the Texans are above a "if we can't have him, nobody can" type of mindset/strategy, you're really dumb. I absolutely believe they would pull some shit like this. Now Deshaun will either have to pay to make this go away, thereby making him look guilty to the public, or he will have to spend all of his time and energy fighting it to clear his name and not be able to play football.

I remain skeptical.

You people are dumb. If the Texans have "if we can't have him, nobody can" mindset/strategy then they simply don’t trade him.  

• Hook 'Em 2