Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

Obviously, when a man’s livelihood, reputation and possible freedom are at stake, I would hope for a thorough investigation from HPD.

Initially, I was thinking Watson had some information on Cal/Texans and so I thought this could be a strong arm maneuver on their part to discredit him. to shut him up.

But They lose him as a QB. They lose him as an asset for multiple high picks. He’s likely to be suspended after the conclusion of the NFL investigation. Buzbee is sending all his information in a packet to HPD. 

this is turning into a class action lawsuit if there are as many victims as has been claimed; the media only became aware of them this week. If all true, I’d bet there are even more victims as a pattern of behavior has allegedly been established. It makes me sick. I want to believe he is innocent. But if he’s addicted to this sort of shit it doesn’t appear he is capable of controlling his behavior. To see a masseuse after you have been made aware of allegations from other masseuses against you? And further to try that shit again? 

I am huge on innocent until proven guilty. I take that stance in all of these type of cases. The timing stinks. The Texans front office and their decisions have left a lot to be desired over the past two years. But if it’s true, he needs to be prosecuted. Third alleged victim’s account alone should be enough. Damn.

• Like 1

To clarify, Buzbee said the additional 10 women all have similar stories to the first 12 ... but he's still gathering information before filing lawsuits on their behalf.

Of the 12 accusers, Buzbee says the women did NOT know each other before coming forward with their allegations.

The women come from different racial backgrounds -- 7 of them are Black, 2 Hispanic and 3 are Caucasian.

Additionally, Buzbee says he's been contacted by the Houston Police Dept. -- which is now looking into the allegations.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Please Cal move yourself and this shit franchise to some other state you fuck

Unless Cal was the guy who Deshaun got the referrals from, what does he have to do with the shit show at this point? Misdirected fire.

We are in different times/social attitudes from Big Ben/Ray Rice. Lot more women on/off the field involved with the NFL. We already got on accusation of forced oral sex. Depending on what else comes out, this isn't going to be some half ass suspension.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

We are in different times/social attitudes from Big Ben/Ray Rice.

Maybe marginally. It's not like this would have been cool 10 years ago. 

And yeah, we have some women refs and special assistants or whatever. There aren't any women actually calling the shots in the NFL that Deshaun's career will ride on.

I mean, guys, please, Tyreek fucking Hill is on an NFL roster. Let's not pretend like the NFL is some woke organization with exceedingly high moral standards.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

He will have a job and still make millions of dollars.  I'm still really saddened by this whole situation.  It's horrible for the victims. It's also horrible for the Texans and football fans in general.  What an idiot Deshaun is.  He needs to take a year off (bu suspended) and get some treatment.  I've been a huge fan of his since he came to the Texans and it sucks he won't be here any more...and it sucks even more because of the circumstances. 

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Atticus is an aggy, so of course he loves the Texans

Did you just get off working a double shift at the nursing home? You're delirious, get some sleep.

Excuse me if I don't believe that the Tony Buzbee circus is legit just yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:11 PM, Helobious said:

I can imagine that it really fucking sucks to get raped. No question that going to the police about it is very hard, embarrassing, scary, etc. I’m just saying if you really want justice to be served, you sadly have to overcome all of that and tell someone, as soon as you can. Same as with any other crime. The more time that passes the harder it is to prove. It definitely won’t always work out, but I think it’s important that people take the shot for the sake of others. For example, if these allegations are true, the earliest victims could’ve possibly spared several later victims the same fate if they had spoken out. We’ll never know, but it’s possible. It’s not an easy thing to do, it’s a lot to ask someone to overcome, but sometimes it’s just what is necessary. 

Well said 

• Fuck You 1

28 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Buzbee seems incapable of telling the truth these days. That's different than strategic lying. Easily disproven shit like this and "I've never been a sports fan" do not help this case he's so intent on trying the media. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Buzbee is an asshat. No question on that for me. Assuming his alleged victims are telling the truth he is doing them a huge disservice. If it’s all an orchestrated pathetic publicity stunt then I hope he goes to jail. You’ve either been in contact with HPD or you haven’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, immamac said:

new avatar sucks. plz change kthxbai

20 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Agree, it's turrible.

Haters. 

5 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Saying they have not been in contact with Buzbee does not equal protecting Watson. 

Is joke.

4 hours ago, Gourmand said:

I think it's a certainty that Watson is done as a Texan and will probably get a 4-8 game suspension but no way is he done in the NFL.

It’s a different time since Big Ben and Vick.
He gets a year minimum and I think it’s 50/50 that he’s done for good. 

Buzbee has done an effective job of flooding the zone with anonymous, nasty, and disturbing allegations, but this still does not smell right.

1. The timing is suspicious. No need to back through all that, but a cynic could see this case as a contract dispute gone very badly awry. Maybe if Watson had been willing to waive his no-trade clause, none of this would be happening. 

2. What did the Texans know, and when did they know it, for real?

We have their claim that they knew in late January. So far that is merely a claim. We are to asked to believe that this team -- one alleged to have its players under off-field surveillance -- was unaware that their superstar QB was some kind of serial rapist? That is some inept private dickin' if true.

3. The whole Buzbee angle. We are to believe he is handling this case pro bono? If not, who is paying him? Not saying Busbee is in McNair's employ here. But if there are under the table payments to either Busbee or his clients, it's a cinch that Hardin's investigators will track it down. 

4. The alleged victims. We are to believe that all of these women are willing to go through the gauntlet of a civil suit revolving around sexual assault at the hands of a very wealthy young man for a max judgment of $500? In a perfect world, I'd like to believe that such a search for justice for its own sake would prevail, but this is a mean ol' world full of sorrow, not a perfect one. It would seem to me that if these women were so intent on punishing DeShaun Watson that they would all agree to almost no money in return for their testimony, they would go to the cops, not a trial lawyer dangling a max award of $500.

5. Busbee has been highly erratic these last five years. (Post-divorce. A story older than toupees, fake tit-tays, and Corvettes.) There was the tank. The hoochie mama tumping red wine on his Warhols and smashing his sculptures. Burglars -- not ace Euro art thieves with names like Szandor the Jackal and Francois the Weasel -- but just plain ol' housebreakers from around the way managed to break in to his mansion and swipe $21m in art and watches. He was visibly and highly intoxicated during his stump speech when launching the runoff in his mayoral campaign. He broke with the Democratic party (just 15 years ago, he was Democratic chair for Galveston County) to jump on the Trump Train. Post-"grab 'em by the pussy," Busbee publicly stated he was done with Trump forever. Which meant...until he gets inaugurated, a shitty party to which Busbee donated $500k. And then two years ago he was a "White Pantsuit" level donor to a Hillary Clinton luncheon in Houston.  

Right now, he is posting these weird little speeches on Instagram with each new suit when he's not blatantly lying to the public about facts somewhat relevant to these cases: that he is not a sports fan (what about the Johnny Football billboards, Tony?) and that HPD came to him asking for case details, presumably implying that criminal cases would be forthcoming.  Per HPD, not only did they not approach him, but that they have had no contact with him whatsoever. And when not telling this stupid lies, he is posing for Secret Agent Man shots on the tarmac at Hobby. 

5de4dcef4c4d908d9ceccd20eef0eefb.jpg

6. There is the fact that he and the McNairs are neighbors.

7. That the Houston Texans are looming in the background of all this. It is the most ineptly run franchise across all three major sports not just now, but over the course of my entire life. I've been at least somewhat aware of how sports franchises are businesses with owners and corporate cultures and so on for 35 years now, and this iteration of the Houston Texans is the most insane bunch of them all. Steinbrenner, Marge Schott, Donald Sterling, Jerry Richardson, Paul Brown....At least most of those teams won (or made it to) championships from time to time. This Easterby shit is just whole other levels of crazy. 

8. Cal McNair had a front row seat for his daddy's Swift Boat Veterans for Truth campaign.

9. Cal McNair is dumb enough to believe that Tony Busbee, an ambulance chaser whose career was greatly enhanced by judgments won in one of the most corrupt federal courtrooms in 20th Century America (that of the now ex-convict Samuel Kent), is the best lawyer for a case like this. I have to wonder if other top Houston lawyers declined to take the case.

10. Supposedly Busbee's assistant Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey is the point person for rounding up these plaintiffs -- before signing on with Buzbee she worked for the Harris County Attorney's office.

This is from her bio:

Before joining The Buzbee Law Firm, Cornelia worked as an Assistant County Attorney with the Harris County Attorney's Office in the Litigation Practice Group, aggressively going after high profile strip clubs and illegal massage parlors for prostitution and human trafficking. While at the HCAO, Cornelia was involved in developing the nation's first Human Trafficking Injunction in conjunction with the Mayor's office, which was rolled out in August 2018 to combat rampant prostitution in the Houston area. 

I've been told she has been of great service to Busbee in the area of his growing a conscience about exploited women.  

11. Not saying that DeShaun Watson is entirely innocent, either. Which gets back to point 2 -- what did the Texans know and when did they know it? If they've known about it for a few years, and are only releasing this info now that he is no value to them...whoo boy.  

12. I think what we have here is an overrated and erratic lawyer out over his skis, a football star whose squeaky-clean image was a lie, and in the background, kind of looming over all of this, a pro football team (with something of a reputation for racism around the league) run by people who are crazy, stupid, and mean, in addition to deranged and sanctimonious. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Not following this closely but a few weeks ago a ESPN talk radio guy was talking about the DeShaun Watson potentially being the center of what could possibly be the biggest trade in NFL history and being a guy who seemed like a sympathetic character (if for no other reason than the Texans are run by buffoons) to a guy fighting off an avalanche of lawsuits from a idiot lawyer representing a ladies he (allegedly) metoo'd.  That's a pretty big fall.  

1 minute ago, Lhorn said:

Not following this closely but a few weeks ago a ESPN talk radio guy was talking about the DeShaun Watson potentially being the center of what could possibly be the biggest trade in NFL history and being a guy who seemed like a sympathetic character (if for no other reason than the Texans are run by buffoons) to a guy fighting off an avalanche of lawsuits from a idiot lawyer representing a ladies he (allegedly) metoo'd.  That's a pretty big fall.  

It’s a strange story full of strange characters.  

Looks that way.  

Seems like the allegation (that i've heard) is that he was creepy and tried to encourage a massage therapist to finger his bung hole and and crank his johnson.  It'll be interesting when there is a settlement to see what the going rate is for that kind of behavior.  

Two friends and I were driving around Austin in the mid 90s.  One guy broke up with his girlfriend and was taking it pretty hard.  The other guy volunteered to take him to a massage parlor south of town (forget the name, but I remember it had a big yellow sign and I think it was right off the freeway).  Dropped him off outside the place and gave him some money - I'm thinking $60-$80.  The idea was he'd get a happy ending +/- an actual massage.  Guys comes out in a bit and collapses into the back seat of the car.  We finally get him to fess up that the "massage therapist" sexy talked him into essential masturbating himself and he paid for it.  Question is who gets to sue who in this situation?  I"ll hang up and listen.   

Edited by Lhorn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Buzbee has done an effective job of flooding the zone with anonymous, nasty, and disturbing allegations, but this still does not smell right.

1. The timing is suspicious. No need to back through all that, but a cynic could see this case as a contract dispute gone very badly awry. Maybe if Watson had been willing to waive his no-trade clause, none of this would be happening. 

We have their claim that they knew in late January. So far that is merely a claim. We are to asked to believe that this team -- one alleged to have its players under off-field surveillance -- was unaware that their superstar QB was some kind of serial rapist? That is some inept private dickin' if true.

3. The whole Buzbee angle. We are to believe he is handling this case pro bono? If not, who is paying him? Not saying Busbee is in McNair's employ here. But if there are under the table payments to either Busbee or his clients, it's a cinch that Hardin's investigators will track it down. 

4. The alleged victims. We are to believe that all of these women are willing to go through the gauntlet of a civil suit revolving around sexual assault at the hands of a very wealthy young man for a max judgment of $500? In a perfect world, I'd like to believe that such a search for justice for its own sake would prevail, but this is a mean ol' world full of sorrow, not a perfect one. It would seem to me that if these women were so intent on punishing DeShaun Watson that they would all agree to almost no money in return for their testimony, they would go to the cops, not a trial lawyer dangling a max award of $500.

5. Busbee has been highly erratic these last five years. (Post-divorce. A story older than toupees, fake tit-tays, and Corvettes.) There was the tank. The hoochie mama tumping red wine on his Warhols and smashing his sculptures. Burglars -- not ace Euro art thieves with names like Szandor the Jackal and Francois the Weasel -- but just plain ol' housebreakers from around the way managed to break in to his mansion and swipe $21m in art and watches. He was visibly and highly intoxicated during his stump speech when launching the runoff in his mayoral campaign. He broke with the Democratic party (just 15 years ago, he was Democratic chair for Galveston County) to jump on the Trump Train. Post-"grab 'em by the pussy," Busbee publicly stated he was done with Trump forever. Which meant...until he gets inaugurated, a shitty party to which Busbee donated $500k. And then two years ago he was a "White Pantsuit" level donor to a Hillary Clinton luncheon in Houston.  

Right now, he is posting these weird little speeches on Instagram with each new suit when he's not blatantly lying to the public about facts somewhat relevant to these cases: that he is not a sports fan (what about the Johnny Football billboards, Tony?) and that HPD came to him asking for case details, presumably implying that criminal cases would be forthcoming.  Per HPD, not only did they not approach him, but that they have had no contact with him whatsoever. And when not telling this stupid lies, he is posing for Secret Agent Man shots on the tarmac at Hobby. 

7. That the Houston Texans are looming in the background of all this. It is the most ineptly run franchise across all three major sports not just now, but over the course of my entire life. I've been at least somewhat aware of how sports franchises are businesses with owners and corporate cultures and so on for 35 years now, and this iteration of the Houston Texans is the most insane bunch of them all. Steinbrenner, Marge Schott, Donald Sterling, Jerry Richardson, Paul Brown....At least most of those teams won (or made it to) championships from time to time. This Easterby shit is just whole other levels of crazy. 

8. Cal McNair had a front row seat for his daddy's Swift Boat Veterans for Truth campaign.

9. Cal McNair is dumb enough to believe that Tony Busbee, an ambulance chaser whose career was greatly enhanced by judgments won in one of the most corrupt federal courtrooms in 20th Century America (that of the now ex-convict Samuel Kent), is the best lawyer for a case like this. I have to wonder if other top Houston lawyers declined to take the case.

10. Supposedly Busbee's assistant Cornelia Brandfield-Harvey is the point person for rounding up these plaintiffs -- before signing on with Buzbee she worked for the Harris County Attorney's office.

This is from her bio:

Before joining The Buzbee Law Firm, Cornelia worked as an Assistant County Attorney with the Harris County Attorney's Office in the Litigation Practice Group, aggressively going after high profile strip clubs and illegal massage parlors for prostitution and human trafficking. While at the HCAO, Cornelia was involved in developing the nation's first Human Trafficking Injunction in conjunction with the Mayor's office, which was rolled out in August 2018 to combat rampant prostitution in the Houston area. 

I've been told she has been of great service to Busbee in the area of his growing a conscience about exploited women.  

11. Not saying that DeShaun Watson is entirely innocent, either. Which gets back to point 2 -- what did the Texans know and when did they know it? If they've known about it for a few years, and are only releasing this info now that he is no value to them...whoo boy.  

12. I think what we have here is an overrated and erratic lawyer out over his skis, a football star whose squeaky-clean image was a lie, and in the background, kind of looming over all of this, a pro football team (with something of a reputation for racism around the league) run by people who are crazy, stupid, and mean, in addition to deranged and sanctimonious. 

tenor.gif?itemid=8484388&f=1&nofb=1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

Looks that way.  

Seems like the allegation (that i've heard) is that he was creepy and tried to encourage a massage therapist to finger his bung hole and and crank his johnson.  It'll be interesting when there is a settlement to see what the going rate is for that kind of behavior.  

Two friends and I were driving around Austin in the mid 90s.  One guy broke up with his girlfriend and was taking it pretty hard.  The other guy volunteered to take him to a massage parlor south of town (forget the name, but I remember it had a big yellow sign and I think it was right off the freeway).  Dropped him off outside the place and gave him some money - I'm thinking $60-$80.  The idea was he'd get a happy ending +/- an actual massage.  Guys comes out in a bit and collapses into the back seat of the car.  We finally get him to fess up that the "massage therapist" sexy talked him into essential masturbating himself and he paid for it.  Question is who gets to sue who in this situation?  I"ll hang up and listen.   

I think the statute of limitations for derogatory masturbation has run.

This is from her bio:

It is hilarious how little you understand about the practice of law.

10 hours ago, ztejas said:

Eh. He's too talented for me to think there's no way he plays again. Michael Vick wound up playing again. The NFL has let and continues to let pretty shitty human beings play football. 

To be fair, Vick is just about the only celebrity I can think of that got caught doing something truly terrible and seems to have sincerely changed their life afterwards. Most celebrities don’t actually go to prison like he did though, that might’ve had something to do with it.

11 hours ago, Hate said:

He will have a job and still make millions of dollars.  I'm still really saddened by this whole situation.  It's horrible for the victims. It's also horrible for the Texans and football fans in general.  What an idiot Deshaun is.  He needs to take a year off (bu suspended) and get some treatment.  I've been a huge fan of his since he came to the Texans and it sucks he won't be here any more...and it sucks even more because of the circumstances. 

Treatment? Thought we left that shit behind in the 2010s. If he did it, it’s not a disease or disorder he can’t help. 

• Hook 'Em 2

And, if true—- this is not some place where you show sympathy.  The only reason anyone would say that is because DW4 is a millionaire, talented football player.

If this is just some rando making appointments with massage therapists and then surprising them with unwanted penis, no one is saying “I hope he gets the treatment he needs so he can get back to his regional assistant manager position and use his talents.”

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

You guys are all stupid. You are missing the big picture. Let me break this down for you. 

DeSean Jackson is a tool, and I never wanted the Astros to sign him. Still, what he does with girls in Massachusetts is his business. I don't think an esteemed lawyer like Tony Boselli would stick his neck out like this without having the goods. I'm still trying to fully understand Buzz Aldrin's role in all of this. If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2