Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm not sifting through this entire thread because I'm not a Texans fan, but how real is the Watson to Carolina rumor? Seems strange since they just gave Bridgewater $60m. 

It’s as real as Houston wants it to be. All reports say Carolina was interested. They’re ready to move on from Teddy B. Houston is being stubborn right now.

12 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

It’s as real as Houston wants it to be. All reports say Carolina was interested. They’re ready to move on from Teddy B. Houston is being stubborn right now.

Damn that's crazy. Already to move on after one season and $60m??? Jesus. To have that kind of money to just say fuck it 

25 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'm not sifting through this entire thread because I'm not a Texans fan, but how real is the Watson to Carolina rumor? Seems strange since they just gave Bridgewater $60m. 

What's the rumor?  I'm going to assume their interest is legit as it just came out they offered 1.8, a lower pick and Bridgewater for Stafford.  They'd like to take care of that position L-T and I think they understand Teddy's not the solution L-T.

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

What's the rumor?  I'm going to assume their interest is legit as it just came out they offered 1.8, a lower pick and Bridgewater for Stafford.  They'd like to take care of that position L-T and I think they understand Teddy's not the solution L-T.

I don't remember it all, but something like Carolinas 1st this year, 2023-24 1st rd pick (can't remember what year), 4th rd pick this year, and I believe another. 

It was a head scratcher when they signed him for $60m ($33m guaranteed) to begin with. I didn't think he proved enough to be getting that kind of money just for doing well with a team with Kamara, Thomas, etc. But whatever. Seeing that they're now interested in Watson would make sense. Dude is a baller and he, McCaffrey, DJ Moore, and Robby Anderson would do well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The $23m that he got last year is not much more than the going rate for a middle of the road starting QB. They probably planned on it being a 2 year deal and drafting someone this year to get ready for 2022. 

I honestly did not know that about the going rate for middle of the road QB's. I don't really pay attention to salary caps and all that because I don't truly understand it, and it's money I can't even dream of having. But the way you said it makes sense if true. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

As a fan I'd like watching it, but most proposals have the Panthers giving up CMc...so fuck that.   Watson and CMc would be fun.

On 2/2/2021 at 6:41 AM, PilotsError said:

People have been fired for merely supporting Trump. Turnabout is fair play and should be encouraged.  Of course all the lib writers are upset.  They'd be rejoicing though if it was reversed.  

It is fair play.  You’re right.  You’re also just kinda stupid.  

On 2/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, PilotsError said:

People have been fired for merely supporting Trump. Turnabout is fair play and should be encouraged.  Of course all the lib writers are upset.  They'd be rejoicing though if it was reversed.  

Hey aren’t you the same asshole who supported the family at a Lakers game a few years back who was letting their toddler crawl around the ledge of a luxury suite unsupervised? And when that kid (predictably) fell to is death the family sued Staples Center?

Are you that same asshole or are you a different asshole?

Fuck you, loser....

Edited by Ignatius
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, demos said:

Cal and Easterby are gonna fuck around and get nothing for Watson.

He's under contract. He plays for the Texans or he doesn't get paid. Under the new CBA, if he misses team activities he is fined $50,000/day and the fine can no longer be waived (as was permitted under prior CBAs). If he holdouts, the Texans can seek a return of some/all of any signing bonus associated with the current contract. 

The only place DW4 has leverage is in the court of public opinion. His agent is the only one employing the outdated holdout strategy and this is the first time he's tried it with a franchise QB.

That said, fuck Cal and fuck Easterby.

Edited by Jacob McCandles
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jacob McCandles said:

He's under contract. He plays for the Texans or he doesn't get paid. Under the new CBA, if he misses team activities he is fined $50,000/day and the fine can no longer be waived (as was permitted under prior CBAs). If he holdouts, the Texans can seek a return of some/all of any signing bonus associated with the current contract. 

The only place DW4 has leverage is in the court of public opinion. His agent is the only one employing the outdated holdout strategy and this is the first time he's tried it with a franchise QB.

That said, fuck Cal and fuck Easterby.

Until he has "migranes" 😀

Watson has options, skip camp and preseason, show up for 1st game...  (Harden)

Then do as little as he has to do.  Game tape, yeah right, take the hits, nope, lots of quick passes......

He has fan approval and NFL teams already know what he can do so not going to hurt his status.

Texans need to trade him.

22 minutes ago, TexasGrunt said:

Then do as little as he has to do.  Game tape, yeah right, take the hits, nope, lots of quick passes......

He has fan approval and NFL teams already know what he can do so not going to hurt his status.

He's a franchise quarterback. Start messing with his money, and then we'll see if he'll blindly follow his agent. Watson will either stick with his agent, and they'll have to trade him, or he'll dismiss his agent and possibly remain with the Texans. 

If you're the Texans you have to dig in and hope for option 2 because something better is not going to walk through the door. 

24 minutes ago, TexasGrunt said:

I don't care about the Texans, but Watson can't simply show up and jog around back there, it's not basketball he'll get injured.  the NFL is a contact league.

I don't care about the Texans, but Watson can't simply show up and jog around back there, it's not basketball he'll get injured.  the NFL is a contact league.
Why I said quick throws away. It's a no win for Texans. They need to trade him. It's not like the Texans are going to playoffs any time soon. Watson also knows this, probably part of requesting trade.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasGrunt said:

NFL wants warriors not malcontents and quitters. I feel for DW4 because he wants to win, but half-assing it is not the way to go.

Fuck Cal for putting the team, the franchise, and DW4 in this position and fuck Easterby for being such a charlatan.  

• Like 1

DeShaun’s not going to run some fake injury bullshit and he’s not going to pull some show up and not try bullshit either. He’s too big a man and cares about the rest of the team and winning too much for that, three qualities which his employers sorely lack.

That said, the idea the Texans have ‘no leverage’ is ludicrous. They own the rights to one of the best 2-3 QBs in the league for the foreseeable future, and if nothing they’ve proven they’re willing to run the franchise into the ground on their ‘principles’ time and again over the last 3 years. Some team will step up and make a monster offer, and DeShaun will accept the trade because ultimately he just wants to play football for a team that wants to win.

The Texans will get a massive package of players/picks for him prior to the draft, and promptly fuck it all up with ‘high character’ guys who suck at being players almost as bad as they suck at being managers/owners...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TexasGrunt said:
1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Why I said quick throws away. It's a no win for Texans. They need to trade him. It's not like the Texans are going to playoffs any time soon. Watson also knows this, probably part of requesting trade.

If he is obviously fucking around out there or fakes injury, the Texans will suspend him without pay. Do you think the NFL won’t side with the team rather than have Star players do shit like that to get out of contracts?

I went from favoring Deshaun in this to favoring the meteor hitting Reliant. He isn’t just fucking the team, he’s fucking the fans of all ages if he forces them to take some discount trade that does nothing to help the team replenish talent. If you really want out so bad, waive the no trade clause and let the team work out the best trade they can. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If he is obviously fucking around out there or fakes injury, the Texans will suspend him without pay. Do you think the NFL won’t side with the team rather than have Star players do shit like that to get out of contracts?

I went from favoring Deshaun in this to favoring the meteor hitting Reliant. He isn’t just fucking the team, he’s fucking the fans of all ages if he forces them to take some discount trade that does nothing to help the team replenish talent. If you really want out so bad, waive the no trade clause and let the team work out the best trade they can. 

Outside of the mindless speculation in the 500 fucking tweets you post every day, why do you think DeShaun wouldn’t waive the no trade clause?

What’s a tweet? LOL

All we got early on was leaks from Deshaun’s camp. Now we’ve started getting leaks from the Texans’ side too. The leaks pretty consistently say there’s only 2-4 teams he will entertain a trade to, severely limiting the Texans’ negotiating power and what they might get in return. 

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

Whatever they do, they need to do it before a Russell Wilson deal gets done.  They will start to run out of options if they fuck around too long. 

That has turned this from pretty interesting to insanely interesting.  Two non-old, top 5/6/whatever qbs on the trade market at the same time prior to the draft.  Never happened before.

16 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

Question for the lawyers. 

If it turns out Watson is resolute about this and Texans get the bonus back. Would that end the contract?

Giving your signing bonus back doesn’t dissolve your contract and make you a free agent. Otherwise, contracts would be pretty meaningless. 

I believe the rumors that the Texans want 4 #1’s or 3 #1’s plus a defensive starter on a rookie contract. A top 5 QB in his mid 20’s with 5 years remaining on his contract is probably worth that (and Texans will be eating $22M of that contract on his new team’s behalf). The prize is obviously the Jets’ #2 pick, so they could have their choice of non-Lawrence QBs or better yet trade down with Falcons or Panthers and get another big draft pick while still staying in the top 10 this year. The Dolphins’ (formerly the Texans’) #3 pick is probably worth significantly less this year because the second best QB will be off the board. Any trade with the 49ers or Bears will probably be trash value (all late first rounders...even this year’s #12 from SF isn’t a slam dunk to get you a perennial pro bowler or yield big value on a trade down).

Edited by Murfdogg21
  • Hook 'Em 1