Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I don’t know if the Texans have cap room for Jimmy G, and what is the point for Houston even if they do? They aren’t going to be competitive in 2021, so why have a $30M QB on the last year of his deal and whose play is not top 10-15 QB?

If something like this were to happen, they should bring in a 4th team and send Jimmy G over for another draft pick. 

Media types and fans alike keep throwing out these fan fiction proposals and act like Houston should gratefully accept other teams’ trash in lue of draft picks. Sorry, 2 firsts and Teddy Bridgewater is not equal to 3 firsts. We don’t want your Nick Foles bullshit. We probably don’t want Sam Darnold. We may not even want Tua, if it means one fewer first or second round pick. 

Jimmy G would get hurt by halftime of the first game anyway, so you'd pretty much lock up the #1 overall pick in 2022...

Shit, Ryan pace knows this is his last chance to right his wrong, and he’s probably out after this year if he can’t fix it. He doesn’t care about future picks. He’s probably like “ok, 5 first round picks. Ok, how about 6.”

Edited by youdunnf'dup

52 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

#20 pick this year and the next two years’ firsts, both will probably land in the mid to late 20s? DO NOT WANT. 

I'd think it would be 3 first rounders AND other things...... maybe Mack.  Maybe additional 2nd rounders.  Maybe other pieces like a WR or TE.  Ultimately, I agree with you but maybe 3 firsts, 2 2nds, and Mack and A Miller?  Not what'd I want but are all of those players and picks good Christians?

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Less than $6mm base. The rest is incentives. 

That's still a ton of dough for a "backup" if you're not trying to hedge, especially for backing up a QB who's in his prime.  Example, Red Rifle got 3m last year.  Geno Smith about 1m (Wilson).  RG3 got about 2.5m (Jackson).  Taylor got Jameis Winston/Cam Newton money for guys expected to battle for the starting job at their respective jobs.  McCarron made 4m last year and the cap went down.  Brissett was brought in to "backup" Tua, a guy who got benched 3 times last year, for 5m.  Interesting signing.

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

At least they will get a decent QB in the next couple of years. Tyrod has been replace by Baker and Herbert in his last two jobs.

More importantly:

“Tyrod is a natural leader because he is strong and demands respect, but not in a forceful way,” O’Cain said. “He has that Godgiven ability to lead and is just a good guy to be around. The game is very important to him, but doing things the right way is even more important to him. He’s put his life and his talents in God’s hands.”

O’Cain’s final sentence paints a clear picture of Taylor. The quarterback’s stats have put him at the top of nearly every Virginia Tech record category and have earned him offensive MVP awards and ACC Championships. But Taylor doesn’t want to be defined as “just” a quarterback. Unlike many of his position counterparts across the country Taylor seeks to remain humble and unassuming—a man who isn’t awash in all he can do, but in what he can’t do on his own.

“Without God I can’t do anything,” Taylor said. “I have put my faith in Him, and through Him I believe I can achieve anything.”

• Hook 'Em 1

On the Texans' off-season thread, The Earl of Texas said "Tyrod deal not bad really, but that aside, signings have been generally not bad. I’m surprised at the not badness of the overall quality of the deals. Thought we were in full on tank mode."

Interesting that as soon as Caserio starts making not bad deals, DW4's camp significantly slows or stops their social media campaign ...

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Throw a stick or stripper and you will hit a Christian NFL player. Majority of the league is going to identify as Christian regardless of what the do Monday-Saturday. Every Texans signing is not some Christian conspiracy. Pretty sure DeShaun has praised God a few times as well. It's probably easier to build a team of 'Christians' than a team of heathens.

Faith has long played a major role in the NFL. About one-third of the players in America's three major professional team sports—football, baseball, and basketball—are born-again Christians, with the NFL having the highest percentage. Athletes in Action estimates that 35 to 40 percent of NFL players are evangelicals, compared to about 25 percent of Americans. Post-game interviews of players, post-game prayer huddles, testimonies in print publications and online and Hall of Fame acceptance speeches demonstrate that Christian faith is very significant in the culture of pro football.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:

Throw a stick or stripper and you will hit a Christian NFL player. Majority of the league is going to identify as Christian regardless of what the do Monday-Saturday. Every Texans signing is not some Christian conspiracy. Pretty sure DeShaun has praised God a few times as well. It's probably easier to build a team of 'Christians' than a team of heathens.

Sure, but I think the Texans make it a priority. There are "Christians" and there are the dudes who talk about God at every opportunity. The Texans stress dudes who in their opinion "walk the walk."

34m  · 

I am extremely proud to represent those who have no perceived power against those who have PERCEIVED power. Things are changing in this country, in this great state, and in this great city. And I feel like it’s for the better, for all of us! Today we filed suit against Deshaun Watson. Too many times women have put up with behavior that we all know no one should put up with. Should we make excuses for the famous? Or those who hold special positions, or quarterbacks on a local professional football team? I don’t think so! All people are equal, and all deserve dignity and respect. My dad was a butcher. My mother drove my school bus and worked in the snack bar. Knowing what I know now: My momma had more dignity in her pinky finger than most executives or coaches or politicians or famous athletes have in their whole bodies! This case we just filed against Watson isn’t about money—it’s about dignity and stopping behavior that should be stopped, NOW! Stay tuned for details. LET ME SAY THIS. I’m a Marine. I’m not easily intimidated. If you have info or have been part of this, contact my office: txattorneys.com.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Sure, but I think the Texans make it a priority. There are "Christians" and there are the dudes who talk about God at every opportunity. The Texans stress dudes who in their opinion "walk the walk."

Fair

15 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
34m  · 

I am extremely proud to represent those who have no perceived power against those who have PERCEIVED power. Things are changing in this country, in this great state, and in this great city. And I feel like it’s for the better, for all of us! Today we filed suit against Deshaun Watson. Too many times women have put up with behavior that we all know no one should put up with. Should we make excuses for the famous? Or those who hold special positions, or quarterbacks on a local professional football team? I don’t think so! All people are equal, and all deserve dignity and respect. My dad was a butcher. My mother drove my school bus and worked in the snack bar. Knowing what I know now: My momma had more dignity in her pinky finger than most executives or coaches or politicians or famous athletes have in their whole bodies! This case we just filed against Watson isn’t about money—it’s about dignity and stopping behavior that should be stopped, NOW! Stay tuned for details. LET ME SAY THIS. I’m a Marine. I’m not easily intimidated. If you have info or have been part of this, contact my office: txattorneys.com.

WTF???

I won't put anything past anybody. But I need Isiah Carey and Wayne Dolcefina on this.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:
34m  · 

Popcorn.

G
I
F

14 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

That's still a ton of dough for a "backup" if you're not trying to hedge, especially for backing up a QB who's in his prime.  Example, Red Rifle got 3m last year.  Geno Smith about 1m (Wilson).  RG3 got about 2.5m (Jackson).  Taylor got Jameis Winston/Cam Newton money for guys expected to battle for the starting job at their respective jobs.  McCarron made 4m last year and the cap went down.  Brissett was brought in to "backup" Tua, a guy who got benched 3 times last year, for 5m.  Interesting signing.

Andy Dalton just signed to a one-year, $10 million deal with incentives that could bring it to $13 million.   

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2021/03/chicago-bears-andy-dalton-signing-crushed-by-fans

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Wait, Mcnair is trying to get Watson to stay in Houston by having someone sue him so no one will trade for him? He can't be that stupid, can he?

Well they traded one of the best WRs in the game for nothing, so yes, he can definitely be that stupid.