Jen Psaki is Good at this Job

Woland

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

Did anybody ask her whether Texas and A&M should play again? That question usually gets asked at every press conference I watch live. 

And the answer, as it always should be is "Not until hell freezes over.  And then, only in Austin at DKR.   The Aggie Band is not allowed in the Stadium and we will not be offering any tickets to A&M student, alumni or faculty.   

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Wait, so the press secretary can actually admit when she was wrong and make sure everyone has the correct information? Mind blown. 

She wasn't wrong. She hadn't spoken to Biden about Wray and said that. She is saying that people assumed by not having the discussion and saying what she said gave the impression that Biden lacked confidence in Wray. She would have been asked the same question today and said this. I guess she just did it sooner than that.

22 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Wait, so the press secretary can actually admit when she was wrong and make sure everyone has the correct information? Mind blown. 

She danced around a few questions and promised to get back.  If she indeed keeps that promise, that will be...refreshing.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

And the answer, as it always should be is "Not until hell freezes over.  And then, only in Austin at DKR,  The Aggie Band is  other than football players and staff, no other aggy are allowed in the stadium and we will not be offering any tickets to A&M student, alumni or faculty.

+ LHN exclusive

+ not on thanksgiving or T+1 or T+2

+ any demonstrators attempting the use of state property in the city of Austin for fascist gatherings 72 hours prior to or after the game will be tasered, gassed, arrested and charged with violation of the The Alien Enemies Act, Chapter 3; Sections 21–24 of Title 50 of the United States Code

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Press is asking good questions and Fauci is answering in a pretty easy to understand way.

Yep.  Fauci's back.  Boom motherfuckers.

Dude has no filter, doesn't care about politics, and explains things to where people like me can understand it.  'Bout fucking time.  Should have always been this way instead of fucking Trump or Pence herpy derping their way around.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Press is asking good questions and Fauci is answering in a pretty easy to understand way.

It must liberating to know that he can share some of his half-century of medical knowledge without being contradicted by a walking ad for Type II diabetes who can't sign his own name.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, LurkingHorn said:

Good grief. Must be the Fox News guy trying to do a "gotcha" moment about Biden not having his mask on at the Lincoln Memorial during the inauguration celebration last night. I mean...he's fully vaccinated, was outside, and socially distant. 

"Is he really setting a good example....?"

21 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Dude.....low? No, subterannean.  The  greatest drilling crew in the history of West Texas could drill for a century and still not get deep enough to hit the bar.

I bet Bruce Willis could put together a crew to get that deep. 

21 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The word of the day is competence

Yeah I'm actually a little concerned about this.  We are so used to incompetence we're going to be throwing parties for awhile for anyone in government who displays the bare minimum bar of competence, when we should still be holding them to higher standards than that.  I'm all on board with being excited about competence but we don't need to just accept that's the best we can do.  Meanwhile, I'm amongst the partiers today.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

used to incompetence we're going to be throwing parties for awhile for anyone in government who displays the bare minimum bar of competence, when we should still be holding them to higher standards than that.  I'm all on board with being excited about competence but we don't need to just accept that's the best we can do.  Meanwhile, I'm amongst the partiers today.

I'd argue that her competence today led to some more difficult questions. They did not give her any breaks. She actually is a little less prepared for the onslaught on day 2 for these types of questions. We might be willing to give more leeway to slightly more competent people, but I suspect most won't.

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Unbelievable 

"So, here's a thing that is a bipartisan olive branch to the GOP that you never saw from the last administration to the Dems -- This admin hasn't accused the entire GOP of being enemies of the state and controlled by a foreign government.  But keep fucking around, and you'll find out."

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Ok, that's great.  But what about the non-answer on the Air Force 1 livery?

Along with the livery, when are we going to outfit them with some clearly visible offensive weaponry?  Like an avenger sticking out the front and back and some fun stuff hanging from the wings. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Dude has no filter, doesn't care about politics, and explains things to where people like me can understand it.  'Bout fucking time.  Should have always been this way instead of fucking Trump or Pence herpy derping their way around.

Do Fauci, his wife, and children still have police protection due to death threats made against them by Trump supporters? I would assume so. 

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Did pence lose his role as head of the covid task force by virtue of no longer being VP, or did he have to be let go yesterday or resign?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

I'd argue that her competence today led to some more difficult questions. They did not give her any breaks. She actually is a little less prepared for the onslaught on day 2 for these types of questions. We might be willing to give more leeway to slightly more competent people, but I suspect most won't.

Psaki was nails at State, there’s a reason she’s doing this job. Sidebar— State also will resume daily briefings, hooray!

Sooner rather than later she will have to spin a screwup or bad decision, that’s going to happen. As long as she keeps it to spin and not lies she’ll be doing OK.

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This admin hasn't accused the entire GOP of being enemies of the state and controlled by a foreign government. 

I must have missed or forgotten this among the shitshow of the last 4 years.  Who did the dotard say the Dems were being controlled by?  Or am I misunderstanding?  I might need a beer.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

I must have missed or forgotten this among the shitshow of the last 4 years.  Who did the dotard say the Dems were being controlled by?  Or am I misunderstanding?  I might need a beer.

President Donald Trump on Sunday claimed that Joe Biden was being controlled by "people in dark shadows."

That bit above was what he said to Laura Ingraham in a Fox interview. She pressed him further, actually asking him, 'that sounds like a conspiracy theory?' The interview went on, I don't recall that it mentioned foreign governments, although they've always accused him of being in Xi's pocket. They never bring up Russia, little too close for comfort.

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They are agents of the Chinese government.  Trump happily amplified that view.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That bit above was what he said to Laura Ingraham in a Fox interview. She pressed him further, actually asking him, 'that sounds like a conspiracy theory?' The interview went on, I don't recall that it mentioned foreign governments, although they've always accused him of being in Xi's pocket. They never bring up Russia, little too close for comfort.

what we do in the shadows smile GIF

39 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I believe the Biden transition wouldn’t answer her calls so she retired 

Yes, she did; can't recall when she said her last day was going to be, but she went too far out on the branch.

If Fauci gives a briefing every other day, I may put them back on my schedule. I stopped watching except for Twitter clips when the vapid vamp was out there fronting for the mafia.

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yes, she did; can't recall when she said her last day was going to be, but she went too far out on the branch.

If Fauci gives a briefing every other day, I may put them back on my schedule. I stopped watching except for Twitter clips when the vapid vamp was out there fronting for the mafia.

Fauci did, in a sense, contradict Jeff Zients about the vaccination plan.  Apparently, these guys need to define what the fuck "starting from scratch" means because Fauci kinda blew up the new admin's expectations setting today.  And, post-Trump, they do need to set realistic expectations - even under-promising - because President Shit-Licker promised everything and then rarely delivered.

I don't think it's a big deal because Fauci has not been part of vaccination strategic planning, and that's the issue according the Zients.  The shortages in certain states right now could very well be what that's about.

Edited by SizzleChest