Jen Psaki is Good at this Job

Woland

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Don't get me wrong, she could flip through 'em like a mother fucker, I struggle to find my place on a single page of notes during public remarks.

But you take out how many minutes McEnany spent flipping binder tabs...her briefings maybe averaged 9 minutes, net.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Don't get me wrong, she could flip through 'em like a mother fucker, I struggle to find my place on a single page of notes during public remarks.

But you take out how many minutes McEnany spent flipping binder tabs...her briefings maybe averaged 9 minutes, net.

You already think I'm weird, but sometimes when I'm stuck waiting somewhere, I read transcripts. The archived transcripts of Sean Spicer's press briefings are something else.

I don’t think you’re weird.  I’m weird.  

This is what I thought of in the shower today.  Assistant Deputy Secretary for Service Academies goes in to Mark Esper’s office in 2019 at the formation of Space Force. He asks if the DOD plans tO open a Space Force Academy  like the other 5 service academies.  

esper, “write me up a proposal for where’d we put it and what we’d call a Space Force Service Academy.”

nerdy underling “how about San Francisco sir.”

esper, “okay, maybe.  And the academy name would be?  And don’t you fucking joke around like last time.  President Trump wants serious ideas about this.”

nerdy underling (cracking himself up), “how about Starfleet?”

Esper (pounding desk), “goddamnit it!”

see that’s weird.  

Psaki is taking some heat tonight. As people comb through social media, they found a tweet on her personal account where she used the hashtag #LadyG and that has the twitterverse in a pitched battle between people who are calling for her to resign and those defending her. 

Don’t have the tweet to embed at the moment, but if it picks up steam I’m sure it will be in the news tomorrow.

16 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Aaaaaaaand? You are asserting that my response is whataboutism since I mentioned the former administrations utter neglect of the form and purpose of a press briefing, thus breaking with a format that goes back for over a century and the current model which owes much of its standing to the 34th president tapping Hagerty (formerly of the NYT) for the role? Okay, whatever.

So, while the previous administration deserves a mention for its aberrant and abhorrent methods , the article confirms that standard press procedures are returning to the WH and that is a positive for the American people at large. All of which was contained in the bottom of the clickbait Daily Beast article after one's outrage meter was glowing.

I am less concerned about looks, and really Kayleigh McEnany is not the vapid bottle blonde some people think she is. She wanted to go into media but couldn't break through and this was a way to do it. She is on the record as recognizing Trump's "downside" (understatement) but took the job anyway. It is okay to say, "I don't know," when speaking in the James S. Brady Briefing room. She went beyond that. If the argument is that she was doing her job,she was fulfilling the President's wishes, then so be it. But that should be recognized that was exactly what she was doing. Which is probably why she landed on Fox, the media outfit job she was seeking all along.

not really.  She started on Fox.  She was a junior producer on Mike Huckabee's show. (She was living on Daddy's money and was quite comfortable in a deluxe condo, while others in similar positions were eating top ramen 3 meals a day and living 3 to a 1 bedroom apt. 

She was trying to get some traction, and ran into a Harvard classmate.   He knew she was a right-wing nutjob, and asked her which horse she was betting on.  She told him Cruz or Rubio.  He told her that she was missing a golden opportunity...Trump was gaining traction, and had nobody sucking his dick on CNN.   He told her that she should set sail on that course.  She took the advice, and here we are. 

She's married to a guy that was recently pitching in the MLB, and she's still living comfortably on Daddy's money.  

Just now, jw4381 said:

I envision the robot football players from the Jetsons kicking ass over the inferior humans. I'm in.

So if the Naval Academy is "The Middies/Midshipmen" and West Point is "The Black Knights/The Cadets" and the Air Force Academy is "The Falcons" what would Trump's Space Force be?  Again, no disrespect to anyone currently serving in Space Force, but it's a fucking scam.  The U.S. Air Force and NASA already have it covered.  

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Psaki is taking some heat tonight. As people comb through social media, they found a tweet on her personal account where she used the hashtag #LadyG and that has the twitterverse in a pitched battle between people who are calling for her to resign and those defending her. 

Don’t have the tweet to embed at the moment, but if it picks up steam I’m sure it will be in the news tomorrow.

Fine, as long as they hold everyone to the same standard, and same scrutiny.

LOL!

9 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm failing to see the issue here.

12 minutes ago, Lobo said:

So if the Naval Academy is "The Middies/Midshipmen" and West Point is "The Black Knights/The Cadets" and the Air Force Academy is "The Falcons" what would Trump's Space Force be?  Again, no disrespect to anyone currently serving in Space Force, but it's a fucking scam.  The U.S. Air Force and NASA already have it covered.  

Guardians. Seriously. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 3:54 PM, UDontKnow said:

Even though Kayleigh McEnany is objectively hotter than Jen Psaki, I would prefer Psaki to sit on my face. Fight me.

No, no she's not.

At the same level of makeup, Psaki wins, even with the additional decade of age.  Would be interesting to see how she could be tarted up by a skilled taper and bedder like McEnany uses.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

If the Space Force has a fucking budget carved out already, I'd love to just find a way to fold it under NASA. Have some of it as a security/defense wing of NASA, and give the rest of the funding for regular NASA shit. Unless they want to include Cyber Security into Space Force.

previous administration formed some sort of pact with russia to fight cyber security. not sure what else you really need to do on that front. seems like money wasted IMO.

If the Space Force has a fucking budget carved out already, I'd love to just find a way to fold it under NASA. Have some of it as a security/defense wing of NASA, and give the rest of the funding for regular NASA shit. Unless they want to include Cyber Security into Space Force.

It was already part of the AF where it belongs. NASA ain’t got no business in the war bidness.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It was already part of the AF where it belongs. NASA ain’t got no business in the war bidness.

And then Space Command got taken away from Colorado to be dumped into Alabama by one of Trump's last acts. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And then Space Command got taken away from Colorado to be dumped into Alabama by one of Trump's last acts. 

Not to defend Trump, but it's not like Alabama has no connection to rocketry and space.  Redstone Army Arsenal in Huntsville is where it all started.  UA Huntsville is actually a pretty decent technical school.

Redstone also harbored a fair number of Nazis, allegedly, so that makes it strangely appropriate.

Edited by TwiceHorn

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not to defend Trump, but it's not like Alabama has no connection to rocketry and space.  Redstone Army Arsenal in Huntsville is where it all started.  UA Huntsville is actually a pretty decent technical school.

Redstone also harbored a fair number of Nazis, allegedly, so that makes it strangely appropriate.

All good points.  I often wonder what those relocation conversations were like.

"Here are your papers.  Welcome to the United States.  You have your choice of a location in 'Colorado' that may remind me much of the Alps with its lakes, aryan looking residents, and snow-capped mountains over ski chalets.  Or 'Alabama' which is populated by our smartest black people, our dumbest white people, and is beyond geographically depressing."  

16 minutes ago, Lobo said:

All good points.  I often wonder what those relocation conversations were like.

"Here are your papers.  Welcome to the United States.  You have your choice of a location in 'Colorado' that may remind me much of the Alps with its lakes, aryan looking residents, and snow-capped mountains over ski chalets.  Or 'Alabama' which is populated by our smartest black people, our dumbest white people, and is beyond geographically depressing."  

actually, i have a client in huntsville who would fly us out there once a year pre covid. might continue post covid, i dunno. 

but huntsville is actually great. it's full of engineers and rocket scientists. it has great broadband. and my understanding from several different experiences at davidson and redstone is that von braun loved it, because the foothills of the appalachian mountains reminded him of his childhood home. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

actually, i have a client in huntsville who would fly us out there once a year pre covid. might continue post covid, i dunno. 

but huntsville is actually great. it's full of engineers and rocket scientists. it has great broadband. and my understanding from several different experiences at davidson and redstone is that von braun loved it, because the foothills of the appalachian mountains reminded him of his childhood home. 

At my previous firm, we did immigration work for literal rocket scientists transferring to the US to do engineering work for SpaceX and NASA who used their rockets and payload systems and these rocket scientists from Germany, Switzerland, etc. would throw literal hissy fits because they didn't want to be transferred to Alabama. 

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Sort of kind of.   They have gutted Houston and Cape Canaveral and continue to shove money into Shelbyland because, well, who knows why.

Huntsville AL is fun. Was there a week for work to help a firm transition their clients over after they left Merrill. The older people their lamented how “liberal” it had become.

And yea, Space Force was basically carved out of existing roles already in the Air Force for cyber security. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

At my previous firm, we did immigration work for literal rocket scientists transferring to the US to do engineering work for SpaceX and NASA who used their rockets and payload systems and these rocket scientists from Germany, Switzerland, etc. would throw literal hissy fits because they didn't want to be transferred to Alabama. 

i believe it. when i was first going to huntsville i knew nothing about it, and was less than excited. but i've kind of grown to love the little place. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

The Jetsons

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Huntsville AL is fun. Was there a week for work to help a firm transition their clients over after they left Merrill. The older people their lamented how “liberal” it had become.

And yea, Space Force was basically carved out of existing roles already in the Air Force for cyber security. 

Space force was created from the existing space command that has been around since the early 80s.  Perhaps Jen had no idea.  NORAD is so stupid...

Edited by EuroHorn

41 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Space force was created from the existing space command that has been around since the early 80s.  Perhaps Jen had no idea.  NORAD is so stupid...

in when you say it 'was created', what you mean is they made a logo and held a press conference to show off the logo, right?

6 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

in when you say it 'was created', what you mean is they made a logo and held a press conference to show off the logo, right?

Military reorganizes all the time. My command in the USAF was merged with two others and doesn’t exist now. Just like corporations who reorganize and rebrand.  But Jen thinks it’s stupid, so...

The first discussions of creating a military space service occurred in 1958, with the idea being considered by President Reagan as well in 1982. The 2001 Space Commission argued for the creation of a Space Corps between 2007 and 2011 and a bipartisan proposal in the U.S. Congress would have created a U.S. Space Corps in 2017. On 20 December 2019, the United States Space Force Act was signed, reorganizing Air Force Space Command into the United States Space Force, and creating the first new independent military service since the Army Air Forces were reorganized as the U.S. Air Force in 1947.

Edited by EuroHorn