Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Because it’s a bullshit excuse. Those guys quit. Same players on the field doing the same fight every damn play. One side folded

Foh 

Offense was ass for quarters and we were still in striking distance.

Defense got ground the fuck down.

Offense was so fucking bad, I don't even care what the Defense did in Q4. When the Defense played it's ass off early, the fucking JV offense showed up. 

Watch it again... I've already  rewatched the 1H offense. Gary Patterson and TCU will fuck this offense up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Snacks said:

Foh 

Offense was so fucking bad, I don't even care what the Defense did in Q4. When the Defense played it's ass off early, the fucking JV offense showed up. 

Watch it again... I've already  rewatched the 1H offense. Gary Patterson and TCU will fuck this offense up.

I mean I get it. The defense was screwed by the offense the first half+. But they quit and you could see it on the field. I’m arguing it’s possible to not get ground down against a piece of shit opponent. It’s not like they were playing a team loaded with nfl offensive line talent.

5 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Foh 

The three and outs did bring back Charlie strong vibes. You can’t have that shit. 

6 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

Just to reiterate, you don’t get a pat on the back because you win most of the first 20 of 47 battles if you get knocked the fuck out the next 27.

Well, yeah... It's a team. Everyone lost.

We all fucking lost.

The Offense was far worse than the Defense. We had 100 fucking yards late in Q3. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Foh 
So what happened after the turnover that got us to 16-7? Six plays later Arkansas was in the end zone, with over 8 minutes left. Were they really that tired?

4 minutes ago, bigcigar said:

I mean I get it. The defense was screwed by the offense the first half+. But they quit and you could see it on the field. I’m arguing it’s possible to not get ground down against a piece of shit opponent. It’s not like they were playing a team loaded with nfl offensive line talent.

Gotcha...  Yeah they quit... They're not yet used to winning...and they saw what I saw.

Sark quit, too. I hope he can be real.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
13 minutes ago, Snacks said:
Foh 

So what happened after the turnover that got us to 16-7? Six plays later Arkansas was in the end zone, with over 8 minutes left. Were they really that tired?

did Arky average 6.4 yards per rush the first half? Thought I heard the announcers say that.

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
11 minutes ago, Snacks said:
Foh 

Yes. They had played behind 3/out and given the offense short field twice. And we're right back on the field...

Go look at TOP until that point.

I called this early in the game in a chat with Ldogg. I could see what was coming. Defense was barely getting to take their helmets off.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Well, yeah... It's a team. Everyone lost.

We all fucking lost.

The Offense was far worse than the Defense. We had 100 fucking yards late in Q3. 

I blamed the OL for most of the first quarter, they couldn't reliably block 3 with their 5, then I realized that Card was just as big of an issue. Combine that with timely miscues all over and it snowballed.

The DL got their asses kicked all by the Ark OL all game. That made it basically impossible to get back in the game once we were down double digits. They took whatever they wanted offensively. 

The DL is not the team strength we were led to believe. They just looked good against our much shittier OL.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

We had glaring deficiencies on defense (particularly run defense) last week. It was obvious.  Our dline and lbs suck.  Or the scheme is bad. Or both. 

LBs are easily engaged by OL... I have to watch LBs a bit mute to see what is happening.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I truly believe we could have won with a QB who just seems to understand the importance of moving the ball forward with urgency.

We will not know.

Doesn't matter who plays qb when you give up over 300 yards on the ground.  You won't beat ANYONE doing that.

2 minutes ago, Ldogg53 said:

We have no DL.  None. None of them make plays and I’m honestly not sure of who is out there at any point in time. We had some giant fat guy wearing 46 playing DT. What the fuck is that? 

Thornton.  One of the "standouts" in Spring.  Our edge game is... unsatisfactory.

Yeah we’ve yet to have the DL prove anything. I get we love our guys, but they have never been game changers. Again, I’m also not sure the personnel decisions  and groupings made much sense with how Arky was attacking us. We had some very lightweight front 7 looks and we got taken to the woodshed for it. 

24 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This was a learning experience. I learned to not trust a motherfucker on this staff. 

This. I didn't love the Sark hire, but thought he put together a great staff. I'm not so sure that matters anymore. Saban and Meyer have both shown they can win with just about any staff. When Herman lost to Maryland, we attributed it to talent, culture, etc. In the end, that's just who Herman was. We have more than enough talent to beat Arkansas. Perhaps "Seven win Steve" is just who Sark is.

1 minute ago, Hmmm said:

Anyone else notice Brockermeyer lined up out wide against a WR/TE.   Then it almost happened again, but he made his way back inside.  They ended up with a 3on2 that the announcers pointed out.  Looked like we were out schemed pretty bad.

Yes and there were plays where our LBs completely vacated the middle of the field which led to a rushing TD at least once. We just got straight up outcoached. 

9 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

This. I didn't love the Sark hire, but thought he put together a great staff. I'm not so sure that matters anymore. Saban and Meyer have both shown they can win with just about any staff. When Herman lost to Maryland, we attributed it to talent, culture, etc. In the end, that's just who Herman was. We have more than enough talent to beat Arkansas. Perhaps "Seven win Steve" is just who Sark is.

Yeah, I'm hoping this isn't the case, but I can't find much of a silver lining in losing to a perennial bottom dweller with the talent of Tulsa. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Yes and there were plays where our LBs completely vacated the middle of the field which led to a rushing TD at least once. We just got straight up outcoached. 

...or the player supposed to set the edge just runs the fuck up field without a care in the world..

We looked better last year under Ash. Still time for pk to correct it all but tonight was too much like the last decade of sheer incompetence.

Edited by pacman

I'm giving this game a Mulligan to the staff, and with Baby Briles working the offense for Arkansas, this was about the worst matchup the current state of the program may see.  Yes, worse than OU.

The way the coaches react to this mismatch in scheme and preparation will tell me what I need to know going forward.  And I'm troubled that Sark looked lost out there tonight, not to mention, his adjustments came too late, to his own volition.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hmmm said:

Anyone else notice Brockermeyer lined up out wide against a WR/TE.   Then it almost happened again, but he made his way back inside.  They ended up with a 3on2 that the announcers pointed out.  Looked like we were out schemed pretty bad.

Yes. Twice. Once the QB just took off running... In that play there was NO LB in the middle. Easy yards. The other I remember was bar the goal line and one of the CBs pointed Schooler into the box.

Brockermyer singled up on the outside is going to be a problem we have to figure out. We can't let him get motioned or line up outside...  

1 minute ago, Gravy Train said:

I'm giving this game a Mulligan to the staff, and with Baby Briles working the offense for Arkansas, this was about the worst matchup the current state of the program may see.  Yes, worse than OU.

The way the coaches react to this mismatch in scheme and preparation will tell me what I need to know going forward.  And I'm troubled that Sark looked lost out there tonight, not to mention, his adjustments came too late, to his own volition.

As hard as it is to kick start a team that is getting whipped up front, give Barry Odom credit, he wasn't going to give Sark an easy in to get going.  Once I saw Okafor, Jones, Angilau whiffing and getting tossed around... If we had a TE worth a shit then maybe we could work something out but of course we don't 

8 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Yes. Twice. Once the QB just took off running... In that play there was NO LB in the middle. Easy yards. The other I remember was bar the goal line and one of the CBs pointed Schooler into the box.

Brockermyer singled up on the outside is going to be a problem we have to figure out. We can't let him get motioned or line up outside...  

he needs to be in on running downs only. Otherwise he will continue to get exploited.  

Yeah we’ve yet to have the DL prove anything. I get we love our guys, but they have never been game changers. Again, I’m also not sure the personnel decisions  and groupings made much sense with how Arky was attacking us. We had some very lightweight front 7 looks and we got taken to the woodshed for it. 

I’m not sure we had many front 7s. Safeties were deep almost all game. Completed one pass of significance all night, and the safety bit to the inside receiver.

Horrible game plan, worse in game adjustments. Never again did we dare them to throw it.

Just now, Handcruser said:

We needed a front four of Collins, sweat, coburn, Ojomo tonight.

Yeah mentioned this exact thing, and I’m not sure why we never saw that. I get PK has a scheme, but it was painfully obvious that undersized edge players were getting absolutely demolished and at that point is ridiculous to have them out there. 

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

I’m not sure we had many front 7s. Safeties were deep almost all game. Completed one pass of significance all night, and the safety bit to the inside receiver.

Horrible game plan, worse in game adjustments. Never again did we dare them to throw it.

That’s a fair point. More like front 6 at most. We had no one shooting gaps, no one getting off blocks and plenty of missed tackles. 

• blacklab changed the title to Hey PK -- Keep the Sacks and Turnovers Comin' !!!
  • immamac changed the title to Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?