Bobs, Am I doing rep all wrong?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but we can't crowd source here, right?

So I just use the reactions emojis to register what I feel about a post. But I noticed that you can only have so many reactions in a day. Why? Is this because the software can be set to crowd source but you just haven't done it yet? Should I change my ways now and only rep posters I like? 

I kind of feel like a Jr High kid talking about rep but I want to understand why people are talking about rep as if it works the same way Shaggy. What am I  missing? Am I using the JT method a ranking chicks in a picture instead of the more accepted Randy method? 

Edited by burntorangebongos
Duh

2 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but we can't crowd source here, right?

So I just use the reactions emojis to register what I feel about a post. But I noticed that you can only have so many reactions in a day. Why? Is this because the software can be set to crowd source but you just haven't done it yet? Should I change my ways now and only rep posters I like? 

I kind of feel like a Jr High kid talking about rep but I want to understand why people are talking about rep as if it works the same way Shaggy. What am I  missing? Am I using the JT method a ranking chicks in a picture instead of the more excepted Randy method? 

Not a Bob but slept at a Holiday Inn last night.  You can't crowd source anyone with Invision from what I understand.  I'm fairly sure you can set the number of "reactions" you can log in a day per poster.  10 is the default setting.  

34 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Isn't it just "Bob" now?  B-lab has to take a pretty hands off approach or Kevin Morgan may come after this place too.  At least that was my understanding.

Saw a vid about the hands off approach. Wild shit.

7 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

How are you differentiating negs from positives?  The color shading?  At a glance all of them look positive.

Because my rep dropped by about 15 points in one minute. He was just serial negging every post I made, along with a couple other people from earlier in the day. I think they got together to try and crowd source me.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

The new rep thing keeps me confused.  I want my 3 million back dangit.

So, is the trophy rep worth more than the "like" rep, or the haha rep?  Hate definitely would be negative, but I'm curious if the different + reps have different point values.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

I guess it's due to low post count and rep, but I've noticed I can only rep 5 times per day.  That seems strange.

It's not due to your post count or rep. I suspect Bob did this so people can't easily torpedo someone's account on a negging spree.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

makes negging all of badmotherfucker's posts a 2 week-long task.

Yep.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

It's not due to your post count or rep. I suspect Bob did this so people can't easily torpedo someone's account on a negging spree.

Yep.

I posted a photo up the page of one guy begging me like 13 times in two minutes. So there seems to be some variance in how often different posters can spread rep.

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

I posted a photo up the page of one guy begging me like 13 times in two minutes. So there seems to be some variance in how often different posters can spread rep.

Alright, full disclosure bro, what was he begging you for? lulz

5 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

It's a glitch in the system.  Seems the first person to "react" gets listed every time. If you go to that post and click the number it should show different posters.

13 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

He and someone else tried to crowd source me the day it was announced that crowd sourcing was back. I don’t ever recall seeing this guy even post before. Couple of real winners.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

He and someone else tried to crowd source me the day it was announced that crowd sourcing was back. I don’t ever recall seeing this guy even post before. Couple of real winners.

Wow, that's unreal,  However, I am grateful your new name isn't Derka Goo, lulz.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 6:24 AM, SHOOTER12 said:

5280 has negged me 20 times this week. That’s an exact count, not hyperbole. One poster, 20 negs since last Sunday. He won’t respond to any of my posts, or even participate in the discussion at all (NBA playoffs)- I just get batches of notifications 3-4 times a day letting me know that he’s neg repping every post I’ve made to that point. It’s some pretty bitch-made shit.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

5280 has negged me 20 times this week. That’s an exact count, not hyperbole. One poster, 20 negs since last Sunday. He won’t respond to any of my posts, or even participate in the discussion at all (NBA playoffs)- I just get batches of notifications 3-4 times a day letting me know that he’s neg repping every post I’ve made to that point. It’s some pretty bitch-made shit.

"bitch-made"?

http://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/topic/2438-words-and-phrases-that-bug-the-living-shit-out-of-you/&

• Like 1

Yes, bitch made. Not sure I can think of another term to better describe neg repping someone 20 times per week. Childish doesn’t do it justice. What kind of grown man obsessively negs someone like this, day after day after day? Only one that’s bitch made.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

• 2 weeks later...