TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

On 6/15/2022 at 9:46 AM, Longboard Horn said:

you-know-fucked-up.gif

If the staff is smart, Maalik will get more reps than Hudson. 

Doesn’t make a shit. We have our next 5-6 years of starter already with Quinn and Arch. Card has zero shot to see anything other than a spot start, and Maalik ought to transfer at this point. Anyone who thinks either will play has a crack problem. 

I think Ewers will be better than Arch, but Arch will be more than good enough to win us a ton of games. Plus the recruiting bounce he brings will be great. Looks like we have the QB situation figured out for the next 4 seasons hopefully. Ewers will bounce after next year and Arch has the 2 years after that before he’s gone. Window for a title is now. 

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I think Ewers will be better than Arch, but Arch will be more than good enough to win us a ton of games. Plus the recruiting bounce he brings will be great. Looks like we have the QB situation figured out for the next 4 seasons hopefully. Ewers will bounce after next year and Arch has the 2 years after that before he’s gone. Window for a title is now. 

You’re getting at least 2 out of each of them and probably 3 out of at least 1. 

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

....maybe....somehow I have that little niggling concern about our Oline and Dline being championship ready right out of the gate. Maybe by the end of the year with no major injuries( has that ever happened?) we might be pretty good. However, sometimes you have to go undefeated to win the Natty....

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Drake And Josh GIF

He’s right as much of a moron as he is. You do not get 1.00 guys, ever. He and Ewers back to back is about as good a recruiting coup as we’ve ever had. It has got to translate. Unfortunately I think we need 2 seasons for our kickass OL prospects to get ready. I predict title in ‘24 - close in ‘23. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

You’re getting at least 2 out of each of them and probably 3 out of at least 1. 

this is a whole new situation. Neither guy has to go to the League to get paid. If they are having a good enough time playing school, one or both might just hang around....

1 minute ago, oldhorn2 said:

this is a whole new situation. Neither guy has to go to the League to get paid. If they are having a good enough time playing school, one or both might just hang around....

There’s no chance of that. They’re much more marketable as NFL players and every football players dream is to go to the league. They’re both gonna ASAP. 

1 minute ago, Incredulity said:

First year of SEC play and a national title.  

That will be something.

Grab your balls, stop being a pussy, take a step back and literally fuck your own face. 

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

There’s no chance of that. They’re much more marketable as NFL players and every football players dream is to go to the league. They’re both gonna ASAP. 

Shut the fuck up Helobius. 

14 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Yeah, could we not suck shit through a straw with Manning?

It'd be nice if we could make that happen. Realistically, as bad as last season went, we weren't terribly far off from being competent. With the OL class we just brought in and the addition of some stud WR's, we are probably going to be pretty lopsided without offense being considerably better than the defense. If we can even show that we're improving on that side of the ball we have a good base for Arch to come in and RS while he learns the system and by then we've got a pretty stacked OL with most guys being upperclassmen and maybe by the Grace of God our defense will be nasty enough to go four quarters and rotate guys without too much dropoff in talent. 

Or we'll suck. Could go either way. Fuck it. I'm in.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Just enjoy the ride and recruiting bump. We all know the expectations are going to be unreasonable, we’ve lived this. But…..this time we get to do it without Greg Davis.

as spock said, only nixon could go to china, and only greg davis could manage zero points with vince young and cedric benson in the same backfield

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Soooo....  We basically have 2 Colt McCoys at the same time, a year apart.  And a Jamaal Charles.

Can we please just have an average defense and no Covid game cancellations, please?

I need what's about to happen.

We have two QBs that are significantly better than Colt. We have two VYs but with significantly better NFL prospects. 

20 minutes ago, Both Tacos said:

Sweet baby Jesus, please let us recruit the biggest, baddest, MFing OLinemen to protect Ewers and Manning from becoming a quadriplegic.

Sark did his part there this year. We need to do that EVERY YEAR. Late Mack, Charlie, and Herman were the worst I’ve ever seen at OL recruiting and this more directly led to the program demise more than anything including QB recruiting and shit coaching (Charlie). 

13 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

We have two QBs that are significantly better than Colt. We have two VYs but with significantly better NFL prospects. 

Well, I was assuming that these guys will be Texas all-timers, and the VY analogy seemed worse because I don't think these kids will be ripping off 70-yard touchdown scrambles.

But in reality, it's worth noting that Garrett Gilbert was "a better prospect" than Colt McCoy at this point, too.  And I don't want to discount what Colt did in getting to the Downtown Athletic Club twice and being one injury away from a championship.  Let's just hope these guys have what Colt had in the work ethic, leadership, and intangibles departments so they can maximize all that extra arm talent...

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

.....ehhhh....you might slow your roll there. Garrit Gilbert was significantly better than Colt until he got into a game and we found out he wasnt. Better Pro prospects thanVY??? Better than ROY? Fucked up coaching killed VY's career, not his prospects....

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Well, I was assuming that these guys will be Texas all-timers, and the VY analogy seemed worse because I don't think these kids will be ripping off 70-yard touchdown scrambles.

But in reality, it's worth noting that Garrett Gilbert was "a better prospect" than Colt McCoy at this point, too.  I don't want to discount what Colt did in getting to the Downtown Athletic Club twice and being one injury away from a championship.  Let's hope these guys have what Colt had in the work ethic, leadership, and intangibles departments...

Or 80-yard TD scrambles. But they’ll obliterate his passing statistics. 

And GG might’ve been a 5 star, but there’s a BIG difference between a mere 5 star and 1.00 QB. Gilbert never compared to the caliber of recruit to Quinn or Arch. Only one who can compare is VY and we already know Quinn and Arch are far superior passers. 

Just now, oldhorn2 said:

.....ehhhh....you might slow your roll there. Garrit Gilbert was significantly better than Colt until he got into a game and we found out he wasnt. Better Pro prospects thanVY??? Better than ROY? Fucked up coaching killed VY's career, not his prospects....

Absolutely better pro prospects. Like no brainer. VY ruined his own career by being a dumbshit and I’m his biggest fan. 

3 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

VY got a lot of career sabotage help from dumb-fuck, Jeff Fisher.

Yeah, life’s not fair.  How VY responded to Fisher killed his career. That’s not all on Fisher. A lot of it is on VY, and in fact most of it is. 

1 hour ago, VoteforHank said:

I’d love to sit in on the film study with Sark, Arch, Eli, Peyton, and Archie. Better yet sell tickets. 

Let's be honest--you'd have exactly zero clue what they were talking about. Neither would I or 99.98% of posters here. Would still be awesome to sit and listen though.

• Like 1