TEXAS QB TALK

LTtxfan

14 minutes ago, salonghorn said:

So. is Wright starting? If so, what is the game plan for him? 

Turn around and hand the ball off to 5, 2, and eventually 24. Throw a couple screens to a couple salty wide receivers who will likely do something with the ball after it touches their hands. Throw a couple safe comeback routes on the outside. Max protect and take a safe shot over the top to keep the defense honest. Rinse and repeat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, dogfarts said:

Is Cooper worried some deranged Ole Miss fan is going to take him out?

Said something bad about someone /something and immediately regretted it due to location.  Wanted to make sure no one important was around to hear 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO

14 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Courtesy @Hank_Hill

Reality check, Sam could run and that made up for his less than ideal passing skills. That also allowed his receivers to get open easier. Being dual threat makes up for shitty passing and opens up the game bigtime. Sam also had grit and a never say die attitude.

This right here is why analytics are fucking stupid. Torture the data enough and you can make it lie to you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Damn... stats can be revealing as well.

Sam's freshman numbers made me feel a lot better about Ewers freshman struggles...  😋

Sam was ass his freshmen year. It was ugly and Surly was ready to hang him and anyone from Westlake. Hopefully, Reers makes the same jump his sophomore year that Sam made 

Edited by Codaxx

On 11/13/2022 at 4:35 PM, Codaxx said:

Sam was ass his freshmen year. It was ugly and Surly was ready to hang him and anyone from Westlake. Hopefully, Reers makes the same jump his sophomore year that Sam made 

Sam never grew into an elite passer at Texas. He was a fine QB because of his grit and running ability, none of which are apparent in Ewers. If Ewer's ceiling is the same as Sam's as a passer, then we are probably fucked. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Gidnik said:

how good would we have been with Cam Rising the last 2 years?

If he transferred back after Herman left? Probably a bowl team last year and maybe Big 12 champions this year. 

If he had stayed in the first place, maybe worse off than now unless you think Herman was going to build this roster and culture with himself, the players, and the staff he had.

12 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If he transferred back after Herman left? Probably a bowl team last year and maybe Big 12 champions this year. 

If he had stayed in the first place, maybe worse off than now unless you think Herman was going to build this roster and culture with himself, the players, and the staff he had.

Rising would have been a RS junior in 2021. He wouldn't have played in 2020 cause Sam was the guy and Herman got canned after that year anyways. So yeah, if Rising stayed he would have easily beat out Casey and we probably.....I don't want to play this game anymore

Edited by Fletch

3 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

You’re gonna catch some negs for that. We’ve been told on other threads that all the balls were not caught because of the wr.

I am going to catch negs for Ewers leading the nation in incompletions that were Wr’s fault? 

• Hook 'Em 2

And by “leading,” it’s really “having over double the drop rate of the #2 guy.” That’s brutal, even with the “catchable ball” percentage. 

Those don’t align with PFF dropped percentage rates. What’s included in the definition of catchable ball? I’d assume drops count. But I’d assume there’s no way that 2/3% is amongst the highest drop rate. It’s not on PFF.

Is it all of all college or a select number of random/judgmental selections? And I say that based on the same guys being in both lists.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Those don’t align with PFF dropped percentage rates. What’s included in the definition of catchable ball? I’d assume drops count. But I’d assume there’s no way that 2/3% is amongst the highest drop rate. It’s not on PFF.

Is it all of all college or a select number of random/judgmental selections? And I say that based on the same guys being in both lists.

I don’t know. I didn’t post the stats. I merely commented that #1 had over double the purported drop rate of #2.

I am going to catch negs for Ewers leading the nation in incompletions that were Wr’s fault? 

Need more info to see whether that’s number 1. Those guys on the list are a repeat of the other list, which are not in any order.

I’d assume the catchable balls on the receivers list are included the QBs list, which reflects that QE is pretty low - 120.

If your QB is not good at throwing catchable balls, then it’s likely the WRs are going to struggle more because they are less likely to know when and when. The QB does need to know when and where the pass catchers are too.

But you can see we need work getting dudes on the same page.
  • Like 1

I don’t know. I didn’t post the stats. I merely commented that #1 had over double the purported drop rate of #2.

I did not mean to imply you did.

Those are important questions. But a 3% drop rate means that if you average 33 passes a game, there’s only 1 ball per game that could have been dropped, much less could have been caught. You gotta think there are more than 1 team higher than that, right?

The tweet seems to be looking for a wow! without context. The way those are presented in the tweets leads you to believe that Texas is double any other team, but I’m not certain of that.

9 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Need more info to see whether that’s number 1. Those guys on the list are a repeat of the other list, which are not in any order.

I’d assume the catchable balls on the receivers list are included the QBs list, which reflects that QE is pretty low - 120.

If your QB is not good at throwing catchable balls, then it’s likely the WRs are going to struggle more because they are less likely to know when and when. The QB does need to know when and where the pass catchers are too.

But you can see we need work getting dudes on the same page.

You are over thinking this. The “wr fault” list is the nations top 10 in that category (or bottom 10, whoever you wan to think about). The other one is just the “catchable rate” of the QBs listed in the “wr fault” post 

11 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I did not mean to imply you did.

Those are important questions. But a 3% drop rate means that if you average 33 passes a game, there’s only 1 ball per game that could have been dropped, much less could have been caught. You gotta think there are more than 1 team higher than that, right?

The tweet seems to be looking for a wow! without context. The way those are presented in the tweets leads you to believe that Texas is double any other team, but I’m not certain of that.

Well, first, it was more than a 6% rate, not 3%.

If you don’t think dropping more than 6% of passes is a big deal, you shouldn’t worry about it. 

33 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

PFF’s drop rate is highly suspect. They are quite nice to WRs in my opinion. Receiver’s fault is blown route, quit running, fell down, dropped ball etc. It isn’t just a judgement on the WR’s, but shows an overall dysfunction in the passing game. 

Edited by Codaxx