Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

assuming gaetz's ambitions are head fratboy of congress and not some further goal, he doesn't need trump money.  his district is florabama.  he can represent it until he drowns following a keg stand gone wrong. 

So Supreme Court...

image.jpeg.490b7514a7aa25b87006e02b08b9d47c.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

This would be great. I'd add some questions about the dumbest conspiracy theories like Q; you automatically get a 1 if you believe any of that shit. 

I'm actually kind of surprised something like this has never been the law, especially in the Jim Crow south (it makes more sense than the literacy tests imo). I'm sure it's been attempted. 

I get that you guys are being tongue in cheek but functionally it would end up the same as using literacy tests to suppress the minorities, poor, and immigrants, no?  

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

It is a form of pure plurality suppression. Which was it’s design by the Founders.

The minute Texas turns blue, Democrats everywhere will defend the EC to the death - and laud the Founder’s genius. As they should.

And although unintended, the EC is a form of majority protection.  In a pure popular vote, as stated, the states' voices as a collective populace are suppressed.  The nutters should be thankful the cities don't run the show.

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know. Mitch will turn on a dime if his political calculation changes. Trump has more than $30 Million in his PAC that he raised since losing the election. He can use that to support his loyalists. If Mitch was serious then wouldn’t he muster support for a.conviction in the impeachment trial? When he votes to acquit Trump, how will that affect Trump’s fundraising organization?

I don’t trust Mitch. Biden won the Presidency and Georgia elected two Democratic Senators so my pessimism isn’t infallible but I’m not ready to give it up just yet. 

Mitch made his bed last month when he came out and publicly supported Biden as the winner on the floor of the Senate.  Coming out and calling MTG loonie and a cancer is just another part of that, but it's amazingly blunt and out there, even for Mitch.  He has an out for the vote on Trump next week - simply say he's voting for acquittal, because Trump is already out of the White House, and he can fall back on the "let the voters decide if Trump deserves back in".

Mitch wants to keep total control of the GOP in the Senate.  That means not sharing power with the Hawleys of the world.  For him to come out against somebody in the House like MTG, that feels like a message directed at McCarthy to get the House in order.

I'm sorry, but this is utter bullshit.  People have been complaining about the EC at least my entire life, which is 57 years now.  You really need to dial it back.  I'm sorry you got fucked by the Trumpkins.

This post is a hot conflicted mess. And I like day drinking.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Perhaps you should drink less, because it's clearly interfering with your ability to discern the written word.

Quit drinking on the suggestion of someone who posts hot conflicted messes?

I think not!!

Points for using “discern” while nibbling the last vodka infused gummies from your coffee cup.

51 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I get that you guys are being tongue in cheek but functionally it would end up the same as using literacy tests to suppress the minorities, poor, and immigrants, no?  

Sadly, yes. But if I were emperor for a year, I'd consider holding some sort of free, basic civics course right before the election (at the end of my year, obvi), in-person and over various mediums, in as many languages as possible. In addition to free study guides in every language. It'd be impossible to make it perfectly equitable, but it could be an overall improvement to our current system. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

10 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Quit drinking on the suggestion of someone who posts hot conflicted messes?

I think not!!

Points for using “discern” while nibbling the last vodka infused gummies from your coffee cup.

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to process the idea that someone would claim the EC has been a point of conflict for decades, but good on ya'.  I'll let you know when I start drinking, which should be in about 30 minutes.

I don't know why it's so difficult for you to process the idea that someone would claim the EC has been a point of conflict for decades, but good on ya'.  I'll let you know when I start drinking, which should be in about 30 minutes.

You seem to be really motivated to oppose positions I don’t hold, but np. I’m sure I was unclear.

No need to lmk. Din Skol!

If you ever have a chance to talk civics with a recent immigrant, do it.  It's amazing how much they have to learn, how much they retain, and more importantly---how our system of government is still pretty damn advanced considering it's 250 years old.  The bad news is that most of our country is complacent, stupid, 7th generation pure-grade American Moron.  

I bet maybe half of sitting Members of Congress could tell you how many amendments are in the Bill of Rights.  2/3rds at the absolute most.  Not even what each amendment is, but just the number of them.  

Getting back to Majorie.  I'm still cracking up at this Jewish Space Laser deal.  If she had just said, "Israeli Space Laser"...I don't think it would have been such a story.  Just some kook who thinks some IDF "weather" satellite has a classified weapons system onboard like in "Maximum Overdrive."  But she called it a "Jewish Space Laser", like the satellite has a religious affiliation (best part is the wildfires she referenced started on the Sabbath).  Like a Muslim Submarine, an Antifa stealth helicopter, or an LGBTQ cyber-hacking magnet.  It still would have been crazy, but if you try to pin weird shit on governments notorious for shady defense spending...you'll be dismissed but you won't be ridiculed...you won't have to have staffers call citizens back to announce that you do not, in fact, have Down's Syndrome.  

Also---was the Jewish Space Laser initially powered by enough photons to only get 1/8th of the way to California...but then...through some miracle, it stretched those photons into the full distance of the 8-day trip?  Laserukkah?  

$50 says she's in Congressional leadership by 2025  

They'll bump her down to something with less teeth like Natural Resources or Small Business.  Something she can't hurt anybody and they never televise those hearings.

But if there was any justice in this world---she'd be made the Ranking Member of "Science, Space, and Technology"...because of course that committee oversees Jewish Lasers, Muslim Lasers, Hindu Lasers, and the much-feared Secular Laser.  

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

And the EC could save us from a MAGA plurality in a slightly different scenario where Orangeman wins the plurality and Biden wins the EC.

The Constitution was not designed in order to get one political side better at winning elections Hank. Trump’s one term is an anomaly in the several hundred year scheme. Recent EC umbrage is purely a result of result driven unhappiness, not concept/structural concerns.

The part of the EC that's really anti-democratic is winner-take-all state laws..  And that's not attributable to the Constitution.

Fix that, and you're more than halfway there to solving the major objection to the EC, while still having a bit of a firewall.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

They'll bump her down to something with less teeth like Natural Resources or Small Business.  Something she can't hurt anybody and they never televise those hearings.
But if there was any justice in this world---she'd be made the Ranking Member of "Science, Space, and Technology"...because of course that committee oversees Jewish Lasers, Muslim Lasers, Hindu Lasers, and the much-feared Secular Laser.  

New committee, 1 member.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

If you ever have a chance to talk civics with a recent immigrant, do it.  It's amazing how much they have to learn, how much they retain, and more importantly---how our system of government is still pretty damn advanced considering it's 250 years old.  The bad news is that most of our country is complacent, stupid, 7th generation pure-grade American Moron.  

I bet maybe half of sitting Members of Congress could tell you how many amendments are in the Bill of Rights.  2/3rds at the absolute most.  Not even what each amendment is, but just the number of them.  

Getting back to Majorie.  I'm still cracking up at this Jewish Space Laser deal.  If she had just said, "Israeli Space Laser"...I don't think it would have been such a story.  Just some kook who thinks some IDF "weather" satellite has a classified weapons system onboard like in "Maximum Overdrive."  But she called it a "Jewish Space Laser", like the satellite has a religious affiliation (best part is the wildfires she referenced started on the Sabbath).  Like a Muslim Submarine, an Antifa stealth helicopter, or an LGBTQ cyber-hacking magnet.  It still would have been crazy, but if you try to pin weird shit on governments notorious for shady defense spending...you'll be dismissed but you won't be ridiculed...you won't have to have staffers call citizens back to announce that you do not, in fact, have Down's Syndrome.  

Also---was the Jewish Space Laser initially powered by enough photons to only get 1/8th of the way to California...but then...through some miracle, it stretched those photons into the full distance of the 8-day trip?  Laserukkah?  

$50 says she's in Congressional leadership by 2025  

I suspect that, like taking another language gives you further insight on English, having an immigrant's familiarity with another form of government makes a) ours look pretty good and b) helps them retain knowledge about US government.

Whereas the average American HS student is asking "is this gonna be on the test"?

The part of the EC that's really anti-democratic is winner-take-all state laws..  And that's not attributable to the Constitution.
Fix that, and you're more than halfway there to solving the major objection to the EC, while still having a bit of a firewall.

I like the Maine Nebraska deal. I’d be fine with that.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

you're forgetting the marxist atheist secret muslim laser

Scent of a Mule

Phish - Hoist (1994)

Kitty Malone sat on a mule
Was riding in style
When suddenly, like the sound of a buzzard's breaking
Kitty felt laser beams being fired at her head
She said, "I hate laser beams
And you never done see me askin'
For a UFO
In Tomahawk County"

Well she kicked the mule
And it walked the path
And the aliens fired from behind
Till she stopped the mule
And she kicked the rump
And the big old mule took a big old dump

Scent of a mule, you better watch out where you go
Take your laser beams away
You better stop that laser game
Or you'll smell my mule

She felt the fire against her neck
And it saddened her to feel it burn
When suddenly, like the sound of a breeding Holstein
Kitty said, "Stop, we ain't lookin' for fightin'
In Tomahawk County."

A little guy from the UFO
Came on out and said his name was Joe
She said, "Come on over for some lemonade
Just follow me now with the whole brigade"

Or you'll smell my mule

They walked into her cabin shack
They had never seen a southern home
And they liked it, better than their UFO
They liked it, they really liked it
They said, "Here's a place of elegance
Here we shower ourselves in lightness"

Or you'll smell my mule

10 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

This. Trump forms his own party a month after he is not convicted by the GOP for the sole purpose of access and control of Patriot Party funds. His kids will get 7 figure jobs out of it, and he will buy Patriot Party stuff from a Chinese vendor which is Ivanka, and sell it to a willing Cletus at full pop.

Everything he touches turns to shit. He has been dry humping the GOP for years. That’s bad touch, but touching never the less. The GOP does not need to worry about GOP primary challenges. They will be running against Democrats and Patriot Party candidates.

Straight. Into. My. Veins.

That would be pretty good schadenfreude but we'd also be facing the imminent disaster of having probably 50+ Patriot Party Representatives, and perhaps 10-15 Senators. As funny as watching the monster eat the GOP would be, the consequences would probably be bad for everyone.

15 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

why is this ceremony happening at 10pm eastern

I think it’s so they could wait out staffers and late workers to leave so the building was as quiet and as solemn as possible.  

That would be pretty good schadenfreude but we'd also be facing the imminent disaster of having probably 50+ Patriot Party Representatives, and perhaps 10-15 Senators. As funny as watching the monster eat the GOP would be, the consequences would probably be bad for everyone.

Not the Senate.

House seats? Sure. But the Senate is gonna have a bunch of “I am not a witch!” (but shittier) candidates losing to Dems in what are statewide races, the old non-MAGA GOP types voting Dem or staying nome.

11 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Not the Senate.

House seats? Sure. But the Senate is gonna have a bunch of “I am not a witch!” (but shittier) candidates losing to Dems in what are statewide races, the old non-MAGA GOP types voting Dem or staying nome.

You don't think a Patriot Party senate candidate could win SEC states like Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, etc.? Any state more than 15% or so right of the country would be mathematically and reasonably winnable for them. In a scenario where the "right" gets 60-65% of the vote, the Patriot Party only needs a majority of the right-wing votes and they'd win. 

In Wyoming the Republican got 70% of the vote to the Democrat's 30%. If you split that 70% up between Patriot and Republican, whichever wins the majority of that 70% would beat the Democrat. And the last four years have definitely shown that a lunatic Trumper can beat a traditional GOP candidate on a lot of battlefields in this country.

There are 13 states that have a R+14 or higher PVI. Those are all winnable. 

Edited by BradInATX

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You don't think a Patriot Party senate candidate could win SEC states like Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, etc.? Any state more than 15% or so right of the country would be mathematically and reasonably winnable for them. In a scenario where the "right" gets 60-65% of the vote, the Patriot Party only needs a majority of the right-wing votes and they'd win. 

In Wyoming the Republican got 70% of the vote to the Democrat's 30%. If you split that 70% up between Patriot and Republican, whichever wins the majority of that 70% would beat the Democrat. And the last four years have definitely shown that a lunatic Trumper can beat a traditional GOP candidate on a lot of battlefields in this country.

There are 13 states that have a R+14 or higher PVI. Those are all winnable. 

That is what they’re doing. Presler has been flying around the country, registering voters, getting people trained; they’re not waiting around. They also know that getting people on the rolls early gives them access to their info so they can target them with campaign blitzes, fear, and pleas for money. Lastly, it aids the effort in that an early registration for 2022 probably won’t get caught up in the coming disenfranchisement laws that states are passing to suppress turnout. 

amanda? on cnn just now - how can mccarthy bumblefuck this situation?  kids that spew biglie kraken sedition lose college admissions and scholarships.  capitol rioters lose their jobs.  how can they not have a decision on jew lasers immediately?  why does it take meetings?  and more meetings?  what the ever loving fuck is going on here?

amanda? on cnn just now - how can mccarthy bumblefuck this situation?  kids that spew biglie kraken sedition lose college admissions and scholarships.  capitol rioters lose their jobs.  how can they not have a decision on jew lasers immediately?  why does it take meetings?  and more meetings?  what the ever loving fuck is going on here?

What is going on is that she’s the boss, he’s the bitch.

She is not an aberration. She is the party.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Scent of a Mule

Phish - Hoist (1994)

Kitty Malone sat on a mule
Was riding in style
When suddenly, like the sound of a buzzard's breaking
Kitty felt laser beams being fired at her head
She said, "I hate laser beams
And you never done see me askin'
For a UFO
In Tomahawk County"

Well she kicked the mule
And it walked the path
And the aliens fired from behind
Till she stopped the mule
And she kicked the rump
And the big old mule took a big old dump

Or you'll smell my mule

She felt the fire against her neck
And it saddened her to feel it burn
When suddenly, like the sound of a breeding Holstein
Kitty said, "Stop, we ain't lookin' for fightin'
In Tomahawk County."

A little guy from the UFO
Came on out and said his name was Joe
She said, "Come on over for some lemonade
Just follow me now with the whole brigade"

Or you'll smell my mule

They walked into her cabin shack
They had never seen a southern home
And they liked it, better than their UFO
They liked it, they really liked it
They said, "Here's a place of elegance
Here we shower ourselves in lightness"

Or you'll smell my mule

I would’ve repped you if you just posted the video because I got the reference. There can’t be too many on this board who can say that.

It’s probably never a good idea to post Phish lyrics. Lyrics have never been their strong suit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Fucking cowards 

Ehh, Mitch didn't make his statement last night, nor did he come out publicly supporting Liz Cheney for shits and giggles.

I wouldn't be surprised if MTG threw some threats back at McCarthy.  Given that McCarthy rode the Trump mushroom all the way through January 6th and then some, and he's had a recent meeting with Trump, I doubt she has any leverage against him.  Plus, she's becoming a liability to everybody who supported her - people like Trump will dump her in a heartbeat if she looks like a crazy loser.

McCarthy's should change his party affiliation, because his incompetence is on the level of Democrats.  Turtle is probably getting angry.