Mentally unstable radical Republican? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

the most shocking revelation of the last 6 years is just how god damned stupid, racist, and vile people are in this country. many of them were once friends and family members. were they always this fucking stupid or is Russia putting something in the water.

i mean, who the fuck votes for these stupid assholes????

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Latent racist, anti-intellectual mindsets got woke by propaganda.

that would explain a small number but 74M people voted for another 4 years of trump, more than the first time. 10s of millions thought, damn, i like the absolute chaos of trump's first 4 years, i want another 4. and there were others like, i didn't vote for him the first time, but i like the cut of his jib and am voting for him now.

and this stupid cunt got elected. 

how the fuck is this country this fucking stupid?

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Effort to Remove Marjorie Taylor Greene From Ballot Can Proceed, Judge Says
The case that Ms. Greene unsuccessfully sought to have dismissed mirrors efforts against other Republicans centered on the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

A federal judge cleared the way on Monday for a group of Georgia voters to move forward with legal efforts seeking to disqualify Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene from running for re-election to Congress, citing her role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.

The disqualification effort is based on a constitutional provision adopted after the Civil War that barred members of the Confederacy from holding office. It mirrors several other cases involving Republican members of Congress, whose roles leading up to and during the deadly riot have drawn intense criticism.

The judge, Amy Totenberg, who was appointed to the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia by President Barack Obama, denied Ms. Greene’s request for a preliminary injunction and temporary restraining order in the high-profile legal feud.

Ms. Greene, 47, who is known for her unflinching loyalty to former President Donald J. Trump and for her clashes with Democrats, has steadfastly denied that she aided and engaged in the attack on the Capitol.

Spoiler

In the 73-page ruling, Judge Totenberg wrote that Ms. Greene had failed to meet the “burden of persuasion” in her request for injunctive relief, which she called an extraordinary and drastic remedy.

“This case involves a whirlpool of colliding constitutional interests of public import,” Judge Totenberg wrote. “The novelty of the factual and historical posture of this case — especially when assessed in the context of a preliminary injunction motion reviewed on a fast track — has made resolution of the complex legal issues at stake here particularly demanding.”

James Bopp Jr., a lawyer for Ms. Greene, said on Monday night that the ruling was flawed and minimized the adverse effect that the disqualification effort was having on Ms. Greene’s right to run for office.

“This is fundamentally antidemocratic,” Mr. Bopp said, maintaining that Ms. Greene had “publicly and vigorously condemned the attack on the Capitol.”

He called the effort to remove her from the ballot part of a well-funded nationwide effort to strip voters of their right to vote for candidates of their choice, with elections determined by “bureaucrats, judges, lawyers and clever legal arguments.”

In her request for an injunction, Ms. Greene argued that it would be impossible to fully resolve the case before Georgia holds its primary elections on May 24. Absentee ballots will start to be mailed on April 25, Ms. Greene’s motion said.

In the ruling, Judge Totenberg determined that Ms. Greene had failed to prove that there was a strong likelihood that she would prevail on the merits of her legal claims. A state administrative judge is scheduled to hear the case on Friday.

The decision by Judge Totenberg stood in stark contrast with a recent ruling in a similar case involving Representative Madison Cawthorn in North Carolina. In blocking that disqualification effort, U.S. District Judge Richard E. Myers II, an appointee of Mr. Trump, ruled that the 14th Amendment of the Constitution narrowly applied to members of the Confederacy after the Civil War.

Ms. Greene’s critics have said that she frequently referred to efforts to challenge the 2020 presidential election results as “our 1776 moment” in public comments that led up to the riot at the Capitol. They contend that the phrase was a code used to incite violence, and point to the third section of the 14th Amendment in their argument to drop her from the ballot.

That section says that “no person shall” be a member of Congress or hold civil office if they had engaged in insurrection or rebellion after “having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State.”

The constitutional challenge to Ms. Greene’s candidacy, filed last month with Georgia’s secretary of state, argued that Ms. Greene had helped to plan the attack on the Capitol or knew that a demonstration organized by Mr. Trump and his supporters on the National Mall would escalate into violence.

The group pursuing the case is represented by Free Speech for People, a nonpartisan, nonprofit legal advocacy organization with constitutional law expertise, which was also involved in the case involving Mr. Cawthorn.

Ron Fein, the legal director for Free Speech for People, heralded the ruling on Monday night in an email to The New York Times.

“Judge Totenberg’s well-reasoned opinion explains why the Georgia voters who filed this challenge against Greene have the right to have their challenge heard, and why none of Greene’s objections to the Georgia state challenge have any merit,” Mr. Fein said. “At the hearing on Friday, we look forward to questioning Greene under oath about her involvement in the events of Jan. 6, and to demonstrating how her facilitation of the insurrection disqualifies her from public office under the United States Constitution.”

Last year, the House removed Ms. Greene from the Education and Budget Committees for endorsing the executions of Democrats and spreading dangerous and bigoted misinformation. The move — supported by the majority of Democrats and opposed nearly unanimously by Republicans — diminished Ms. Greene’s influence in the chamber.

In January, Twitter permanently suspended Ms. Greene’s personal account after the company said she had violated its Covid-19 misinformation policies. Ms. Greene had tweeted falsehoods about “extremely high amounts of Covid vaccine deaths.”

More recently, Ms. Greene filed a threat report with the Capitol Police after the late-night television show host and comedian Jimmy Kimmel mocked her in a monologue. When Mr. Kimmel mentioned Ms. Greene’s barbs toward three Republican senators who voted to confirm Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the Supreme Court, he said, “Wow, where is Will Smith when you really need him?”

• Hook 'Em 3

So Cloak Room has taught me to try and look past the headline and through the story.

So....as much as I revel in this MTG removal news, I have to wonder. If she's from such a heavily Red district, is this really a Red move to get a voting Republican congress person back on the Hill?

Edited by Nolacycling

7 hours ago, Nolacycling said:

So Cloak Room has taught me to try and look past the headline and through the story.

So....as much as I revel in this MTG removal news, I have to wonder. If she's from such a heavily Red district, is this really a Red move to get a voting Republican congress person back on the Hill?

Interesting.  I don't care enough to look but I would not be shocked if someone dug hard enough to find McCarthy's fingerprints on it.  (Perhaps Cawthorn's recent issues as well).  There is not guarantee she would vote him speaker and if it's a close majority, he might be better off without her.  Well, we'd all be better off without her, but I think you know what I mean.  McCarthy would have an easier time with those two clowns out of the way.  Have to watch what happens with the Gaetz case too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

"The Jenna Ellis Show."

I saw that too and went to her site (it’s a podcast) and here are some episode titles I’d like to share:

“Kyle Rittenhouse: His Deepening Faith in God and His Plans to Hold Media Accountable”

”Empire of Lies: How Will Smith is a Symptom of a Greater Elitist Problem”

“Make Comedy Great Again: Alex Stein on How the Left is Destroying Culture and Comedy”

8 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Little rattled, Margie?

Yes,  you dumb bitch,  you'll be in the receiving end of the soundbite culture you have helped to foster and propagate... live by the soundbite...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Little rattled, Margie?

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I saw that too and went to her site (it’s a podcast) and here are some episode titles I’d like to share:

“Kyle Rittenhouse: His Deepening Faith in God and His Plans to Hold Media Accountable”

”Empire of Lies: How Will Smith is a Symptom of a Greater Elitist Problem”

“Make Comedy Great Again: Alex Stein on How the Left is Destroying Culture and Comedy”

That's that dipshit from Highland Park that is crashing all of those school board meetings in DFW with crazy "raps" -- dude is completely unhinged

28 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The irony of this is, IT'S HER OWN GOTDAMN LAWSUIT.

An organization filed a petition with Raffensperger to bar her candidacy.  https://freespeechforpeople.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/fsfp-mtg-14.3-georgia-complaint-2022-03-24.pdf

MTG filed the lawsuit to stop the petition.

Don't be filing lawsuits if you don't want to testify in them, you stupid flapping gash.

I mean…..that’s so on brand.

Her stupid has a gravitational pull.

It’s that fucking massive.

23 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

The irony of this is, IT'S HER OWN GOTDAMN LAWSUIT.

An organization filed a petition with Raffensperger to bar her candidacy.  https://freespeechforpeople.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/fsfp-mtg-14.3-georgia-complaint-2022-03-24.pdf

MTG filed the lawsuit to stop the petition.

Don't be filing lawsuits if you don't want to testify in them, you stupid flapping gash.

How can you say this?  This poor white lady is being persecuted by a woke mob!!!!

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

She will play the victim after today to record fundraising. This is not perfect for her but she can easily use this whole day to her advantage. 

I will be shocked if she pockets her fundraising bounty if she's prevented from running again.  Shocked, I tell you.