Who's been covid vaxxed? Stand up and be counted.

High Plains Drifter

8 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

5 people in fanily had the Pfizer shot, first set gets shot two this week.  One had pretty rough 48 hour side effects. Rest no worse than the day after a big night out. 

My poor dad, though.  He was fixated on getting the Moderna shot.  He was actually scheduled to get Moderna through Memorial Hermann first of everybody (Jan 17) but it got canceled. Still no reschedule date.  Then he got another Moderna appointment through Baylor for January 24 and it got postponed to Feb 15. Then a third in Wallisville last Thursday but that got shut down because they overbooked and the town was overrun. So he’s still trying but now will take whatever is available. 

why was he so fixated on Moderna?

20 minutes ago, taco said:

I received my first from First Medical Response. Same group? They have been unable to provide the second dose - we are a couple weeks over due now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I was part of the mass vaccination on 1/2 at the Hays County Fire Dept. in Dripping.  Make sure you like them on Facebook and follow their page.  They do a great job of providing updated info.

30 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Either this board is a lot older than I thought or a lot of under 50's are getting the vax?

I just rolled in. 40, no pre-conditions and not a first responder. Stood in line with a bunch of college students from Trinity who just signed up online because they wanted it before spring break. As a matter of fact, of the 200 or so people around me during my time most were <35 and non-medical workers. They just grabbed a spot online and no fucks were given. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

5 people in fanily had the Pfizer shot, first set gets shot two this week.  One had pretty rough 48 hour side effects. Rest no worse than the day after a big night out. 

My poor dad, though.  He was fixated on getting the Moderna shot.  He was actually scheduled to get Moderna through Memorial Hermann first of everybody (Jan 17) but it got canceled. Still no reschedule date.  Then he got another Moderna appointment through Baylor for January 24 and it got postponed to Feb 15. Then a third in Wallisville last Thursday but that got shut down because they overbooked and the town was overrun. So he’s still trying but now will take whatever is available. 

We are scheduled to get the Moderna shot.

37 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Nah, lawyers are essential.

Friend of mine in California just posted this:

“This probably shouldn’t bother me but it does.  My oldest sister is 78.  She should be retired but she’s in great health and likes to stay busy, so she works part time at a See’s Candy store.

Today every employee of the store received a letter telling them they’ve been designated essential workers in the state of CA.

Seriously?  Candy store employees are essential?  I mean yeah, sometimes you gotta have chocolate but seriously?  💁‍♂️

21 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

I just rolled in. 40, no pre-conditions and not a first responder. Stood in line with a bunch of college students from Trinity who just signed up online because they wanted it before spring break. As a matter of fact, of the 200 or so people around me during my time most were <35 and non-medical workers. They just grabbed a spot online and no fucks were given. 

You don't see this as a problem? Just because this board has deemed the rollout a cluster and a free for all doesn't make it so. I've been doing my career too long, and it's imprinted in my dna to follow the fucking procedures. I don't always agree with them, but I didn't pay 80 million dollars for the jet, so I follow the fucking procedures. There's a lot of elderly in this state that can't get in and may die because ya know, no fucks were given.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

You don't see this as a problem? Just because this board has deemed the rollout a cluster and a free for all doesn't make it so. I've been doing my career too long, and it's imprinted in my dna to follow the fucking procedures. I don't always agree with them, but I didn't pay 80 million dollars for the jet, so I follow the fucking procedures. There's a lot of elderly in this state that can't get in and may die because ya know, no fucks were given.

I work with my FIL who’s in his 70s. I honestly don’t know what the deal was but he signed me up when he got his shot because they practically insisted (according to him). I got a text from them that I needed to show up so I did. I just didn’t argue. I planned on getting it probably in april or may but the notion that I wouldn’t have to spend 3 weeks on the computer trying to get an appointment made me jump.

I don’t know what the exceptions were, but there were also a ton of cancellations that the group of practitioners were complaining about. That’s what I eventually chalked up the kids from Trinity doing, but who knows. It was still a pretty big group which raised my eyebrows and made my wife and I notice the demographics of the people around us. I guess you’d have to ask the volunteers what the deal is.

Another thing, a lot of people are volunteering to help with the vaccine because you are automatically vaccinated. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2021 at 4:27 PM, 4th_and_18 said:

Just double checked my appointment. I’m actually scheduled 2/5. Which means I’ll have the weekend to rest/recover. Was it fatigue, body aches, alien crawling out of chest?

Fatigue, body aches and low grade fever.  It wasn’t that I couldn’t function, but it sucked to HAVE to do anything.  Plan on doing nothing and if it doesn’t kick you ass, then consider yourself lucky.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, NoName said:

why was he so fixated on Moderna?

When I have a decent answer I'll tell you.  When I ask, I get lots of near-random shit like "American company," "developed with NIH," "specializes in this type of biotech," etc.  Waiting for "it's first in alphabetical order."

For some reason he just doesn't trust Pfizer's vaccine as much.  I don't think it's "zee Germans" - it's not like he fought at Normandy.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

So far I only have soreness at the injection site.  It's not bad, but more sore than after a flu shot.  No fatigue, fever, chills, or other side effects.

Was there much screwing around, or did you just go in, get the shot, and move on with your life?  Kinda trying to figure out what all goes into it.

44 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Was there much screwing around, or did you just go in, get the shot, and move on with your life?  Kinda trying to figure out what all goes into it.

I went later in the day, so the lines were longer, presumably because folks were going after work.  It was the same location as in Brat's photo above, though many more cars around sunset.  But once I slugged through the initial queue and made to the folks actually administering the vaccine, it was pretty quick, and then after the shot I had to wait 15-minutes to make sure I had no immediate and severe allergic reaction, and then was given my vaccination card and headed out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Got first shot yesterday. 

In Henrietta, Texas of all places. Somehow this town of about 3,300 is a HUB. And it’s the closest HUB to me, even though it is 70 miles away. 

They received 975 Pfizer first shots last week. I called them on Friday. The said Monday and Thursday there were giving out shots. Just had to be over 18. 

Wife and I got in line at 8:40 am yesterday. It was literally over mike long. It was a drive through. Finally got our shots at 1:15 pm. It was run poorly. They are now making sure people are 1B. But they are receiving another 975 shots this week. 

I hope the process is a little quicker for my second shot in three weeks. From the time I left home, til time I got back, entire process took seven hours. 

Mid 30's. Got a wild hair and just drove up to Del Mar in Houston and got in line in my car and got a shot (Moderna) yesterday.  No fucks were given and they didn't ask me about an appointment or list or anything.  I heard they were doing that later in the day and again this morning though. 

My guess is there is still confusion on who should be getting vaccinated at the sites, but when in doubt they just give them since almost everyone will eventually be getting one. 

3 hours ago, Marshall_Lucky said:

Had my first Pfizer last Thursday at Dallas Market Center through UTSW. If you have ever seen someone in the UTSW system, you should be able to get in.

No major side effects, some localized swelling.

I had major surgery a while ago with them so I was in their system, but I assumed I was not 1B.  UTSW reached out today via email and said I could get an appointment and i had the first shot this afternoon (Pfizer).  3 Locations offered and a fairly well set up process.

I guess the brain tumor if finally starting to pay off!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Got my first shot this afternoon at the same place as Brat. 38 but 1b (due BMI/blood pressure but I’ll take it) my law partner saw the signup go live online yesterday and signed me up. My wife (younger and not a fatty like me but has a heart condition so 1B too) also got signed up yesterday, but her appt isn’t until mid February for shot #1. My wife has also has been helping out elderly neighbors get signed up today, and they are all scheduled for mid March. So I guess they are just trying to get everyone signed up and expect to have doses regularly now. 

Once you have an appointment, the actual process was very well run. Sign all the forms online before you go, and the actual shot distribution is all done with you in your car. They check you in when you get there at your appointment time, and I had the shot in my arm within a couple of minutes of being there. Wait in your car for 15 minutes and then you’re on your way. They said they will email me in about a week and my 2nd shot should be in ~28 days. So by first week of March I should have shot 2, and by mid March my wife should have both shots. 

Feels good knowing there’s light at the end of this tunnel. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Having hell getting vaxed in Collin County. Signed up for every nearby county and nothing.

Have boob pics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got scheduled in Collin County. Frisco got some doses and you were to schedule online beginning at 3pm for the next day.

Shit was completely borked at 3. Saying no openings, errors on your form, unknown address etc. Website finally said sorry, we realize shits borked and we be trying to fix it.

Kept refreshing periodically and at 8:30, BOOM! Got through and scheduled at same time for me and wife.

Did not even have to send boob pics.

36 hours after getting the 2nd shot the side effects hit. Got it Monday afternoon and yesterday I felt blah and had a slight headache. Last night it got worse and I could tell I had a fever. I wouldn't say it was like getting hit by a semi, but could definitely feel it. Restless night last night, but feel much better this morning. 

Finally got scheduled in Collin County. Frisco got some doses and you were to schedule online beginning at 3pm for the next day.

Shit was completely borked at 3. Saying no openings, errors on your form, unknown address etc. Website finally said sorry, we realize shits borked and we be trying to fix it.

Kept refreshing periodically and at 8:30, BOOM! Got through and scheduled at same time for me and wife.

Did not even have to send boob pics.

If you’re gonna post here we are gonna need to see those pics.
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

36 hours after getting the 2nd shot the side effects hit. Got it Monday afternoon and yesterday I felt blah and had a slight headache. Last night it got worse and I could tell I had a fever. I wouldn't say it was like getting hit by a semi, but could definitely feel it. Restless night last night, but feel much better this morning. 

God I hope this doesn’t last 36 hours. I really do feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. Was not expecting to feel this shitty. Now I have a pretty bad headache to go along with body aches and chills. Still, I obviously would rather spend the next 24-36 hours like this then to get severe covid. 

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

God I hope this doesn’t last 36 hours. I really do feel like I’ve been hit by a truck. Was not expecting to feel this shitty. Now I have a pretty bad headache to go along with body aches and chills. Still, I obviously would rather spend the next 24-36 hours like this then to get severe covid. 

It won't. You aren't sick. Your immune system just went full Avengers:Endgame on a harmless protein that it remembers it doesn't like from the 1st shot.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1