The Black Angels

Spider2YBanana

My favorite local band. Have all their albums and have seen them at least 20 times.

Don’t sleep on Indigo Meadow. It’s my personal favorite, even ahead of Passover.

If you like what the Black Angels are to 60s psychedelia, check out local band Annabelle Chairlegs who channel 60s surf rock.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/1/2021 at 9:48 PM, CooterBrown said:

My favorite local band. Have all their albums and have seen them at least 20 times.

Don’t sleep on Indigo Meadow. It’s my personal favorite, even ahead of Passover.

If you like what the Black Angels are to 60s psychedelia, check out local band Annabelle Chairlegs who channel 60s surf rock.

I'm fucking jealous!!! I just have those two, but I'm waiting on Passover and Phosephene Dream. I've been wanting to see them live for so long. I'd sever a limb for it. 

First time i saw them was with dead meadow at SXSW in 2005 I think, was blown away. At this point I don't think there's another band i've seen live more times. The first psych fest was in a barn on burnet rd and there were only about 200 people there. Seeing them at red rocks open for robert plant I think is my favorite.

They've got a couple good ep's as well...clear lake forest and phosgene nightmare are both worth listening to.

On 2/2/2021 at 8:35 AM, stc said:

they should have a new album out this year. that's kind of shocking to hear indigo meadow is anyone's favorite, it's my least favorite by a long shot. 

Took me a dozen listens to really appreciate it.  Indigo Meadow, Evil Things, Holland, Love Me Forever, Broken Soldier, and You're Mine are all strong.  They do channel the Doors a bit much on a few tracks but I'm not a Doors hater so it doesn't bother me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...