NCAA Football

MillerEP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some scuttlebutt:

https://www.ign.com/articles/ea-sports-college-football-game-seemingly-wont-launch-until-july-2023

EA Sports College Football Game Seemingly Won't Launch Until July 2023
If this ends up being true, EA Sports College Football will return 10 years after its last game.

By Adam Bankhurst

While EA revealed the exciting news that EA Sports College Football would be returning for the first time since 2013, newly discovered documents reveal the first game in the revived franchise may not arrive until July 2023.
As reported by GameSpot, Extra Points' Matt Brown obtained records from the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), the company EA has partnered with on this College Football game relaunch, that state the game won't be out for a while.

"According to internal documentation from CLC that I obtained via Open Records request, the CLC told FBS institutions that EA Sports intends to release the new video game in 'July of 2023.'" Brown wrote on Twitter.

The documentation obtained by Brown also includes numerous other details about the proposal to make new college football games, and you can subscribe to read them all.

Some of these details include EA visiting schools to gather reference for items that cannot be sent (like stadiums), access to logos, uniforms, costumed mascots, "non-costumed mascots/traditions," school-owned band recordings, trophies, and more.

EA Sports College Football, when it does return, will include more than 100 institutions in the upcoming game, including their logos, stadiums, uniforms, gameday traditions, and more.

While the game will not include student-athlete names, images, and likenesses, "EA Sports is continuing to watch those developments closely."

For more on the EA Sports College Football saga, check out our IGN Unfiltered episode with EA Sports EVP and GM Cam Weber on how the NCAA lawsuit ripped the "heart and soul" out of the studio, but how it also had a silver lining.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

NCAA Footbawl 23 news 
- Ultimate Team is being worked on and added 
- Dynasty mode is being HEAVILY developed and will most likely feature offline and online (online size and crossplay unknown)
- RTG is not confirmed but is likely
- Following tradition intended release date is 7/11/2023
- Could be on Frostbite Engine (likely but different animations) or an Infinity 2.0 engine
- Real Players might be in the Game however if they are not do not expect custom rosters and even maybe custom teams (HIGHLY UNLIKELY)
- CLC and EA have about 100 teams already  (Notre Dame, Northwestern, Tulane, etc. havent agreed because they want athletes paid)
- Audio Clips will not be reused and there will be tons of ESPN anchors! (This confirms another ESPN partnership)
- Team traditions and entrances are going to be deeper and more authentic for game days (songs on 4th down, Iowa’s 1st Quarter Wave, VT Enter Sandman, Eastern Michigan knocking cinderblocks down on entrance)
- NCAA23 has tons of old devs and directors from NCAA14 and EA is trying it’s hardest to separate it from Madden
- EA was developing NCAA15 before it was all shutdown, the game was going to be highly customizable and meant to withstand a long time. NCAA23 could be like this if they possibly get in trouble with the NCAA or Players, but if not expect a ton more games after it.
- Virginia Tech revealed that EA took thousands of photos from campus, exterior stadium, interior stadium, outside the tunnel, aerial views, but no pictures of the inside tunnel
- ESPN Gameday could be a possible pregame show like NBA 2K halftime shows
- Next Gen 100%/Probably on Old Gen 
- Spirit Stickers will most likely be progressive as well (Ohio State Bucknut stickers!)

• Like 4

Stoked. I sold my 14 like an idiot two years ago. I still have a 360 and had been playing NCAA 12 to hold me over. Forget how much it sucks. Recruiting takes forever and the defense is overpowered. You’ll never see that many passes swatted down by linebackers in real football, so I just don’t pass. This is what a typical box score looked like for me. I win every time but it’s not fun.B1FC24D6-D745-4AAA-B181-31B166DF4524.thumb.jpeg.14c3ec5b02cf92b2fff7df65f0462a25.jpeg

14 is so much better

Hopefully, EA can separate it from madden. Because madden is ass and has been for a long time.

This. Madden is just not a great game. The difference between the nfl and college ball is the pageantry. They have to nail that piece, and not use maddens resources for gameplay.
  • Like 1