(2) Baylor at (6)Texas 6pm on ESPN

SDG

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

It's because of all the same reasons it's always been. Our offense is trash, we take way too many bad shots and have way too many empty possessions every single game, and we make the same exact mistakes over and over again, never learning from them. 

...with a one set (high, weak pick) offense that we run 98% of the time that an average high school coach could set up a defense for...plus, their guards are way better than Coleman and Ramey.

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

It's because of all the same reasons it's always been. Our offense is trash, we take way too many bad shots and have way too many empty possessions every single game, and we make the same exact mistakes over and over again, never learning from them. 

Yet the shooting percentage is even right now. 

8 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this. our offense sucks against any D with a pulse unless we have 2 guys raining 3's.

3 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Yet the shooting percentage is even right now. 

yeah, we've hit some low percentage shots thus far. that doesn't change anything about how bad of an idea it is to continue settling for low percentage shots taken five seconds into the shot clock, and/or dribbling the ball around the perimeter for 25 seconds before some aimless 1 v 4 drive to the hole. 

Edited by shadow_operative

8 minutes ago, BoosterAndrews said:

Why does J. Sims start over K. Jones??  Kai is a scrawny beast that has an NBA future.  Sims is no baller.

Sims is not playing well.  Kai has more upside bit with his size his rebounding and inside game need work.  He is sitting out on the perimeter way too much.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, shadow_operative said:

BU's offensive sets are dynamite. They're getting looks almost every time down. 

And I don't know how anyone's gonna stop it.  They've got 6 guys who can shoot the three and pretty much everyone can get to the rim.  And they're unselfish.

This team has a chance to run the table all the way to the end.

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

chance to go on a mini run to end the half. let's get some good shots up boys. 

or we could just brick a theee pointer five seconds into the shot clock.

next possession: a wild, spinning floater for an airball by Ramey. now THAT is Shaka Smart Texas Basketball.

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

or we could just brick a theee pointer five seconds into the shot clock.

next possession: a wild, spinning floater for an airball by Ramey. now THAT is Shaka Smart Texas Basketball.

^^^ THIS is the shit that kills me. every time we make a run on some team to make the game close again we immediately have back to back absolutely retarded possessions because that is what we do under Shaka. we don't run any kind of set that's designed to get a good look, we just say, "Hey Courtney Ramey, just do whatever you feel! I love you! See you at dorms for Netflix and chill tonight!"

when you never hold your players accountable and yet you always defer to their judgment in tight moments, you're gonna have a bad time. 

27 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I fully expect people to blame Shaka the duration of this thread and I’m not too sure why.  Baylor is just a way better team than we are.  My fear is we will make mistakes trying to keep up with the athleticism, preciseness, and execution of Baylor.  An example of that is Baylor just took a charge right outside the RA and then we try to do the same thing but not realizing we were so far deep in the RA is an auto-block. 

I like this test for the team.  This is the best team they will play all year. 

Those are all reasons to blame Shaka. You literally talked about the precision that Baylor executes at. That’s a coaching problem 

• Hook 'Em 1

im 100% serious with this question:

if Texas went on a 5-0 run to get the game close and then Courtney Ramey pulled up from 30 feet and air balled it, would Shaka bench him? I seriously say no. 

in year's past we got out coached and it was very obvious. this year our team is so good that we can still usually win while being out coached. but not against Baylor, or even Tech or OU this year. every possession matters, and we do not value the ball under Shaka Smart. it's been one of his biggest weaknesses from day one, and while the talent and experience of this team have masked some of Shaka's worts, there's no hiding the absolute shit that is our "offense" against Big XII competition. every possession is either an instant pull-up jumper, or 25 seconds of nothing followed by a desperation drive or heave. it's hard to watch. 

• Hook 'Em 1

In all seriousness, it could be a lot worse. Some calls at the end of the half went our way and helped us get within striking distance.

If our guards can take better care of the ball and people start making their free throws (*cough* I'm looking at you, Jericho. *cough*), then we've got a real shot.