Live performance videos

jimmyjazz

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Holy.  Shit.  

I'm not sure how I missed this, but these 4 guys are absolutely smokin' hot on this take.  Mould + Grohl, what could go wrong?  (Nothing.  Nothing at all.)

And how would you like to be the drummer having perhaps the greatest rock drummer of the last 30 years just egging you on?  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Too late to edit. But Set list for the VH show 1988.  I saw them at Rice stadium.  It was pretty fucking awesome.  Mike Anthony staring Runnin With the Devil on the Jack Daniels bass with his teeth is all time.

A.F.U. (Naturally Wired) Summer Nights There's Only One Way to Rock(Sammy Hagar song) Panama Bass Solo Runnin' With the Devil Why Can't This Be Love Mine All Mine Drum Solo You Really Got Me(The Kinks cover) Sucker in a 3 Piece When It's Love Eagles Fly(Sammy Hagar song) I Can't Drive 55(Sammy Hagar song) Best of Both Worlds Guitar Solo Black and Blue Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love Encore: Superstition(Stevie Wonder cover) Rock and Roll(Led Zeppelin cover)

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, Moby Ric said:

Van Halen in Buffalo on the Monsters of Rock tour.  Full set.

I caught that tour one month later at Candlestick Park.    As in this video, I remember how bad Michael Anthony's Bass solo was. Unbelievable bad.

That was also the first time I saw Metallica Live. I don't know about other tours stops, but in San Francisco (their home base) on that day, Metallica dominated.   The Scorpions had to follow Metallica and it was a sad thing; compared to Metallica's sound, they came across like bad soft-rock. The crowd practically ignored them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A friend of mine roomed with Paula Cole at Berklee.  It was funny to see the pangs of jealousy manifest over the years -- "why did SHE get the gig with Peter Gabriel?"  "why did SHE get the record deal and the hit records"?

Well, maybe it's because she's better than you, dear.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

A friend of mine roomed with Paula Cole at Berklee.  It was funny to see the pangs of jealousy manifest over the years -- "why did SHE get the gig with Peter Gabriel?"  "why did SHE get the record deal and the hit records"?

Well, maybe it's because she's better than you, dear.

Why did SHE get a theme song for Dawson's Creek???

• 4 weeks later...

And while I'm on a Vince Gill kick, check out this take with the guy who played piano on the "Bridge Over Troubled Water" recording.  (I have no idea why the drummer and guitarist decide to throw random shit in towards the end, go get blowies off stage you stooges.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve got Springsteen’s Seger Sessions on DVD, that band was something else live. Not much appeal in the US but Europe ate it up. I was dumb and young neck deep in kids with shit in the pants and wasn’t seeing any concerts. E Street signing if I should fall behind live is pretty damn good too. 

Edited by troph

NSIAP.

This is my favorite Wilco show on YouTube... from November 1996 in Chicago shortly after Being There was released. In addition to the Wilco stuff from A.M. and Being There, they play great renditions of several of Tweedy's Uncle Tupelo songs, including New Madrid, The Long Cut and Gun.  Great stuff.