Rockets vs Jazz

UDontKnow

Highlights of the last Rockets-Jazz game of the regular season. The Jazz didn't have Exum and Udoh playing. The Rockets didn't have Capela, Gordon, or Ryno for the game.

The playoffs are another animal, but I think the Rockets will manage just fine.

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Rockets are the best team in the league, especially with a gimpy Curry, but I still see it going 6 games.  West is no fucking joke. 

Agreed... On all of this you have listed, as the Rockets have the offensive game plan to withstand the bigs of the Jazz defense on the inside...

1 hour ago, YChang said:

Fuck the jazz. Fucking hate Utah. 

i really don't get this mindset.  yeah, the stockton/malone teams were very hateable, but that was 20 years ago.  this version of the jazz team is a ton of fun to watch and is lead by a young guy who could be a top 5 player in the league 4 or 5 years from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

Rubio is expected to be out 10 days, which is gonna hurt the Jazz. That's at least 3 games, unless something changes.

With Rubio goes at least 6.  Without, it’s gonna be tough.  Rockets still +160 to win the title.  Some real value there.  

6 hours ago, Artificial Iverson said:

yup, Jazz are basically the big dunker guard with some garbage buckets from Gobert. Only wildcard is the Sabonis kid who might be trouble. Rockets in 5.  BTW, Jazz are not better than any of the 4 east teams -- philly, toronto, indy, cle (hot lebron) or even a fully healthy Boston. 

you're clearly an idiot.  sabonis plays for the pacers.  and if you think all donovan mitchell is is a big dunker that's even more idiotic than thinking sabonis plays for the spurs.

here is the list of players i would take ahead of donovan mitchell if i was starting a franchise today:

1. lebron james
  2. kevin durant
  3. james harden
  4. anthony davis
  5. steph curry
  6. kawhi leonard (assuming he's not a bitchass)
  7. ben simmons
  8. giannis antetokounmpo
  9. joel embiid*
  10. kyrie irving*

* - i'd be scared as shit about their injury histories, but do it anyway.

guys who it'd basically be a coin flip:

1. victor oladipo
  2. john wall
  3. rudy gobert

after that, i've got nothing.  would definitely not take guys like westbrook, lillard, derozan, towns, etc. ahead of him.  to be that fucking good as a rookie means you are a metric fuckton more than just a big dunker. 

(disclaimer -- i've had a couple of cocktails so if i missed someone obvious, then knock him down a player or two but the point remains -- guy is a motherfucking badass).

Without Rubio, this is a fast and quick series.  Seriously I’ve been saying since February everything is coming up Rockets I don’t think they’ll have a better opportunity.... 4-1 if Rubio is bad maybe a sweep but really the rockets usually give away a game.... jazz aren’t ready.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

6 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

here is the list of players i would take ahead of donovan mitchell if i was starting a franchise today:

1. lebron james
  2. kevin durant
  3. james harden
  4. anthony davis
  5. steph curry
  6. kawhi leonard (assuming he's not a bitchass)
  7. ben simmons
  8. giannis antetokounmpo
  9. joel embiid*
  10. kyrie irving*

* - i'd be scared as shit about their injury histories, but do it anyway.

guys who it'd basically be a coin flip:

1. victor oladipo
  2. john wall
  3. rudy gobert

after that, i've got nothing.  would definitely not take guys like westbrook, lillard, derozan, towns, etc. ahead of him.  to be that fucking good as a rookie means you are a metric fuckton more than just a big dunker. 

(disclaimer -- i've had a couple of cocktails so if i missed someone obvious, then knock him down a player or two but the point remains -- guy is a motherfucking badass).

you spend too much time pretending to be an internet GM. Don't forget about real life and improving yourself. 

getting Sabonis on a wrong team is nothing compared to thinking Utah is a top 5 team which they clearly are not.  Big Dunker doesn't mean he's 6'10" but it's a big part of his notoriety/reputation.

continue to play with your Star Wars figurines. 

Edited by Artificial Iverson
  • Fuck You 2

17 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i really don't get this mindset.  yeah, the stockton/malone teams were very hateable, but that was 20 years ago.  this version of the jazz team is a ton of fun to watch and is lead by a young guy who could be a top 5 player in the league 4 or 5 years from now.

As long as they have honest timekeepers now. 

2 hours ago, Artificial Iverson said:

you spend too much time pretending to be an internet GM. Don't forget about real life and improving yourself. 

getting Sabonis on a wrong team is nothing compared to thinking Utah is a top 5 team which they clearly are not.  Big Dunker doesn't mean he's 6'10" but it's a big part of his notoriety/reputation.

Houston

GS

Philly

Toronto

Utah

I can switch Toronto and Utah easily...but that is with a healthy Rubio

Edited by MNLonghornFUKM

3 hours ago, Artificial Iverson said:

Thanks for confirming that you are, in fact, an idiot.

I fucking hate the Jazz, and no amount of fun, good players like Donovan Mitchell will ever change that. It’s ingrained in me as I thought it was in pretty much very Rockets fan from the 90s. And Jazz fans are still Jazz fans long after the Sloane, Stockton and Malone era. 

Rockets in 6. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

Counterpoint: fuck the Jazz.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Hoping for a close series, but Rubio being out really hurts the Jazz.

Both the West semis will be over quickly barring some weird shit. This is why I didn't get why all the hype for the West playoffs. Nothing intriguing at all aside from the OKC/Jazz series. It is way too top heavy with Houston/GSW. The drop off after them 2 is enormous. The East is much more fascinating. They don't have the superpower teams but are much more balanced.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

I think he's good for swinging a game. That's my criteria for making a series "close" when it comes to GSW and HOU, lol.

He had like one good game vs okc. Other than that he’s been average to below average all season. I think what it showed was how shitty okc is.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

He had like one good game vs okc. Other than that he’s been average to below average all season. I think what it showed was how shitty okc is.

He had multiple good offensive games against OKC, but it's more than the scoring. He's the only other guy (besides Mitchell) who can distribute and create both in the half court and in the open court. Moreover, him being out means they have to give extended minutes to Alec Burks and Dante Exum.

Regardless, I expected Houston to win the series in 6 max, but Rubio being out hurts the Jazz quite a bit.

Half the people in this thread are acting like Ricky Rubio is a big deal.  He's maybe the 10th best PG in the league.  Y'all calm down.  The Rockets are about to be 5-0 against Utah this season, with and without Rubio.  This series was never, ever going 7.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He had multiple good offensive games against OKC, but it's more than the scoring. He's the only other guy (besides Mitchell) who can distribute and create both in the half court and in the open court. Moreover, him being out means they have to give extended minutes to Alec Burks and Dante Exum.

Regardless, I expected Houston to win the series in 6 max, but Rubio being out hurts the Jazz quite a bit.

This is exactly correct

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Yeah bruh, that's what everyone has been saying

I just want you to keep bringing the lulzz in your predictions. Didn’t you pick against the stros in every series on shaggy? That went well. Just keep letting the hate flow because you are a good luck charm of idiocy.

25 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He had good games against a dog shit okc squad. That’s all it showed. There’s two teams in the West. Houston and GS. The jizz suck.