Rockets vs Jazz

UDontKnow

So weird how Exum and the crowd were more upset about the foul called after hitting Harden on the head (an actual foul) than they were a few plays earlier, when Harden purposely tied up his arm with his off hand and did that arms-straight-up-flailing-with-absolutely-no-intention-to-score thing (horseshit that I can't believe the NBA still rewards).

Edited by aggie08

Ballgame. I know it's early, and everyone makes a run, but Utah has to exert so much energy to put together a few good minutes and put the ball in the basket without any real playmakers, but it only takes a couple possessions for Houston to completely erase their headway.

There's still something off-putting about today's NBA when a 3-on-1 results in a 3 point attempt. I kind of get it when it's Steph, but Ariza? You'd have to shoot 60% from a particular spot to make it worth as much as a nearly guaranteed (90%) lay-in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Maybe I'm not a great NBA fan, but I have never heard the name Joe Ingles before this season. Has he done anything significant? He looks like he's been in the league for 15 years.

He shot 44% on 3's in each of the last two seasons...but he should never, ever be taking 3's off the bounce.

1 minute ago, Dr. Teeth said:

That is a BS tech on Capela. That’s why people do what they do. 

Capela needs to keep his composure. Taunting a player right in front of a ref is going to get you in trouble more often than not, especially in a hostile environment.

And that CP3 mid-range jumper right there is why the WCF is going to be a fucking battle. Before Paul, the Rockets' offense was relatively "simple" to defend (in theory, if not so much in execution): stay home on shooters, keep your big in the paint when Capela screens, chase Harden over those screens, and try to keep your hands straight up. If Harden beats you with contested lay-ups and pull-up 3's (which he still can), shake his hand. 

But now you add one of the best mid-range probers and shooters in NBA history to punish you for staying home and keeping bigs below the foul line. Now teams have to guard every inch of the court.

Man, Rubio could have made this series interesting. He wouldn't change the final outcome, but man would it be nice to not have to depend on your rookie scoring guard to be the top scorer, guard Harden, AND be the only playmaker on the court.