2021 Australian Open

shadow_operative2.0

Gauff v Svitolina kicks off at 3:09am CST

Gael Monfils is in the stands after a rough opening match loss and even more crushing post-match press conference where he was fighting back tears. He was so hot before the lockdown last year and has been playing like dog shit since and knows that his window is closing to make an impact at a major.

1)
2) When Paul, Opelka, & Friz all won Junior Slams the same year, I'm sure that the USTA was creaming in their jeans, but it's 6 years on and they haven't made much of a dent in the men's game.
3) Glad to see that Fritz got a divorce for the girl he knocked up when he was 18 and then married 3 months into her pregnancy. His current girlfriend is pretty hot. He a wealthy good looking guy from SoCal who in a seeded player in a grand slam, he should be tapping lovely ladies.

2) that’s because not one of them is technically sound in the least. Paul is the closest but has a wimpy forehand. Opelka is just a giant. Fritz is tall but plays small. They all have huge flaws in their forehands and their backhands certainly aren’t elite.

3) that sounds pretty shitty to be honest.

20 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

No offense, but Hsieh reminds me of a thai freelancer you would see loitering a tourist packed street corner in Pattaya at 1am.

Disclaimer: I have never been to southeast Asia

No lie.  Those are two unattractive ladies in a sport full of hotties.  And their game is ugly too.

54 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

No offense, but Hsieh reminds me of a thai freelancer you would see loitering a tourist packed street corner in Pattaya at 1am.

Disclaimer: I have never been to southeast Asia

I have been to Pattaya and you paint the picture well.  It's almost like I'm stumbling over the loose cobblestones on beach road with the light stench of raw sewage in the air and rats scurrying for cover under the dumpsters.

Potapova is easy to watch.

Edited by WBT

16 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

Djokovic may be in trouble 

Yep, I do believe that he is. Fritz should have done a better job at just trying to keep that last ball in. 

Fritz’s girl doesn’t look much like a gold digger/prostitute or anything. 😂 She does look like fun and more than willing please. 💃🏻

• Hook 'Em 1

Just showed match point for Asian-American Mackenzie McDonald (my favorite Asian name EVER!) and then they showed the stands and Taylor Fritz and his blowup doll girlfriend were in attendance to cheer him on. (Cool to see.)

Two California kids and tennis buddies. 

I guess that even if you are out of the tournament, if you’re a player, then lockdown doesn’t apply to you. 

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I guess that even if you are out of the tournament, if you’re a player, then lockdown doesn’t apply to you. 

Don’t know if the men are doing it too, but there’s a losers tourney going on right now for a lot of the women bounced already. Sloane got rolled up 2 & 2 earlier. 

https://www.wtatennis.com/tournament/2027/melbourne-250/2021/scores

• Hook 'Em 1

And 15 minutes later...

Ash Barty took the first 6-2 and is 1-0.

Shelby Rogers took the first over Konteveit, 6-4.

BOYS:

Up 7-6, 7-6, 4-5, Berrettini has his shirt off and is ripped like an Olympic swimmer as a trainer/medic checks for an oblique issue, like Djokovic, that could be a problem. (Unless it’s all bullshit and his manager/agent told him to take his shirt off for IG & tabloid sites. 🤷‍♂️

ASH BARTY: is apparently a 4 handicap in golf  

Edited by Napoleon