Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If Hunt Bros. pizza is so good why is it only served in gas stations and truck stops?

I had my first slice of gas station pizza, at a QT, a few months ago. It was about what you expect, but still somehow better than a Hot-N-Ready Little Caesars

On 3/25/2018 at 11:39 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Whether they find life there or not, I think Jupiter should be considered an enemy planet.

Doesn’t the mass/gravity of Jupiter help protect the earth from space debri.  

when i was a kid i remember the lizards turning from green to brown and back.  we called them chameleons, though they weren't actually chameleons. 

now the lizards are all just brown. 

apparently the color changes lizards were Carolina Anoles, native to the southern US.  the brown-only lizards are Brown Anoles, native to Cuba and the Bahamas.  they got to Florida about 130 years ago, got to Houston about 30 years ago, and have been out-competing the color change lizards.

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

when i was a kid i remember the lizards turning from green to brown and back.  we called them chameleons, though they weren't actually chameleons. 

apparently the color changes lizards were Carolina Anoles, native to the southern US.  the brown-only lizards are Brown Anoles, native to Cuba and the Bahamas.  they got to Florida about 130 years ago, got to Houston about 30 years ago, and have been out-competing the color change lizards.

27 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Erroneous!  Erroneous!  Just saw a green to brown to green lizard last weekend in my suburban Houston yard.

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

Is this why I'm seeing so many more lizards these days?

I smashed my finger with a hammer on Friday night while trying to punch a diabetic symbol into the back of a sandwedge, I wasn't sure what the long term ramifications would be, but as of today, I have almost full range of motion and minimal pain with moderate swelling

I use my phone for: weather, maps, music, video media, news, camera, photo library, wife locator, home security control, house thermostat,  email, text messages, kitchen timer, food thermometer display, book reading, calorie log, crossword puzzles, phone calls, exercise log and general research tool. It's overwhelming and i don't think there is any way to go back to the way it was before. 

5 minutes ago, DarthBalls said:

I use my phone for: weather, maps, music, video media, news, camera, photo library, wife locator, home security control, house thermostat,  email, text messages, kitchen timer, food thermometer display, book reading, calorie log, crossword puzzles, phone calls, exercise log and general research tool. It's overwhelming and i don't think there is any way to go back to the way it was before. 

Skynet thanks you