Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 6/23/2022 at 7:24 AM, 52-80 said:

how much CO2 will be pumped out from your operating a vehicle.  whether it's CO2 emitted directly from the car when burning petrol, or CO2 emitted at the power plant generating electricity for the electric car.

if you are comparing 1 combustion car vs another, there is a direct inverse linear relationship between CO2 emissions and fuel efficiency (8900g CO2/gallon).  If 1 car is twice as efficient, it will output half as much CO2.

Look at the big brain on Brad.

7 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Wife worked late tonight.  She’s a part of a group chat consisting of my daughter’s classmates parents.    Pool party.   I show up and for the first hour I’m the only male parent.  

Pool party with the neighborhood moms and no pics? Very poor form, sir. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

When I was really young, like 5 or 6, I thought that the people who died in movies or on TV were people who had been sentenced to death, and that was how they were executed.  Shot, drowned, dragged by horses, you name it.  I thought that the dude who was run over by the chariot in Ben Hur must have done something truly horrible to die that way.  Of course, I learned better as I aged.

Now I wonder which of my uncles gave me the idea.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve been negligent in forgetting to pay them nothing for 30 days.

It raises the question, though. What would happen if I tried accessing their automated payment system and made a payment of $0.00? I don’t have the time but that would be an interesting experiment. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

15 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve been negligent in forgetting to pay them nothing for 30 days.

It raises the question, though. What would happen if I tried accessing their automated payment system and made a payment of $0.00? I don’t have the time but that would be an interesting experiment. 

I believe you'd be dividing by zero and the universe would implode upon itself.

So, give it a try.

Fixed a pool leak in September. Have not added a single drop to it since (Jax gets a lot of rain) and was quite proud of my streak.

Pool guy left a note this morning telling me I needed to add water, so from 11an to 1pm I added about 2”. At 2pm, the skies opened up. By 5pm it was done and my pool is so full I’ll need to drain it tomorrow. Totally deflated

38 minutes ago, Lurch said:

Fixed a pool leak in September. Have not added a single drop to it since (Jax gets a lot of rain) and was quite proud of my streak.

Pool guy left a note this morning telling me I needed to add water, so from 11an to 1pm I added about 2”. At 2pm, the skies opened up. By 5pm it was done and my pool is so full I’ll need to drain it tomorrow. Totally deflated

Lol. What does 2" set you back? 

• Fuck You 1

Im reading on the wiki of the kim jong nam assassination in asia by nerve agent vx, the deadliest of all nerve agents. 

its described as odorless and tasteless. 

question: how the fuck would someone know that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Is it possible to have diarrhea and be constipated at the same time? Asking for a friend...

Wendy's chili oil sauce. 

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Im reading on the wiki of the kim jong nam assassination in asia by nerve agent vx, the deadliest of all nerve agents. 

Focus groups? 

Went to the Louvre a few weeks ago. I’d always heard the jokes about the Mona Lisa being postage stamp sized. It’s actually the size I’d expect a portrait to be, almost 3’x2’. Every other damn painting in that place is at least 10’ tall and 6’ wide. Dozens are the size of a living room. I wonder what the logistics were for painting a canvas that size.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Went to the Louvre a few weeks ago. I’d always heard the jokes about the Mona Lisa being postage stamp sized. It’s actually the size I’d expect a portrait to be, almost 3’x2’. Every other damn painting in that place is at least 10’ tall and 6’ wide. Dozens are the size of a living room. I wonder what the logistics were for painting a canvas that size.

I am assuming that things have not changed from when I visited the Louvre several years ago and to see the Mona Lisa one had to make his or her way through a mob of Asian tourists.

Also, wasn't it just a few weeks ago that someone rolled up to the Mona Lisa in a wheelchair and smeared cake all over the glass shield protecting the painting?  I am not accusing anyone of anything, but the timing of your visit make me suspicious...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Maybe it's like iocane powder and one can build up immunity?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, 52-80 said:

The Wire Reaction GIF

I am assuming that things have not changed from when I visited the Louvre several years ago and to see the Mona Lisa one had to make his or her way through a mob of Asian tourists.
Also, wasn't it just a few weeks ago that someone rolled up to the Mona Lisa in a wheelchair and smeared cake all over the glass shield protecting the painting?  I am not accusing anyone of anything, but the timing of your visit make me suspicious...

I will say the whole time I was there, I was certain I could sneak in a ceramic knife and destroy $50 million of art in 60 seconds.

Because Of my gas, my has suggested that maybe I should just sleep on the couch. Honestly, I can’t really argue with at that. This is some weapons grade stuff I am working with. Happy 4th.

We always had the rule that says the sick person gets to stay in regular bed. Well person has to go elsewhere if they choose.

You clearly are the sick one. Just sayin.
  • Like 1

I honestly have no idea how to properly use the reaction "Fuck Around and Find Out"

I really like your post and think others would be wrong to disagree? FAFO.

I hate this post and can't believe you would say that? FAFO.

The subject of your post suffered instant karma? FAFO. (Most clear)

Maybe it's more that I want to find as many ways to use it.

1 hour ago, jeevsie said:

I honestly have no idea how to properly use the reaction "Fuck Around and Find Out"

Same note, is the middle finger neg rep?

6 hours ago, jeevsie said:

You should casually explore your various options and eventually arrive at a meaningful conclusion. 

6 hours ago, jeevsie said:

image.gif.3cd1433c53aaa2a26371c3701de7bdc0.gif

• Fuck You 1

People who say cilantro tastes like soap are fucking with us. They meet every year and share stories about how they got people to believe them and they just laugh and laugh and laugh at their antics. I see no other plausible explanation.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, 'stache said:

People who say cilantro tastes like soap are fucking with us. They meet every year and share stories about how they got people to believe them and they just laugh and laugh and laugh at their antics. I see no other plausible explanation.

Do you not think that it does?