Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

So you're one of them, huh. Making shit up to fuck with us, I swear, y'all are weird as shit.

Cilantro Does Not Taste Like Soap. 

Period.

You fucking lunatic.

Your mom should have used more Dawn on you as a child. Not only would you know what cilantro tastes like but you wouldn’t use the f-word so freely either. 

• Haha 2

On 7/6/2022 at 9:53 PM, 'stache said:

So you're one of them, huh. Making shit up to fuck with us, I swear, y'all are weird as shit.

Period.

You fucking lunatic.

This is a bit, right?

Are you aware that some people also can’t smell asparagus pee?

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

This is a bit, right?

Are you aware that some people also can’t smell asparagus pee?

I don't care. If you don't like cilantro fine, but taste's like soap? Come on, weirdos, stop making stuff up.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2022 at 8:53 PM, 'stache said:

Period.

You fucking lunatic.

Team Cilantro is awesome here.  This cilantro=soap farce is probably related to cat owners, COVID, voodoo, or just plain old narcissism. At least that is what my research says. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I don't care. If you don't like cilantro fine, but taste's like soap? Come on, weirdos, stop making stuff up.

It’s a genetic thing. Just like being unable to smell asparagus pee. It’s pretty well established.

The lactose intolerant aren’t making that up either.

They deserve pity, not derision. 

11 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Asparagus can pee?  Sheeit, the more you know.  

Are you one of those people who can’t smell it in your pee after you’ve eaten asparagus? My BIL is. He can’t smell it but his kids can. I once casually mentioned it and he said, “Oh, so that’s where my kids get it.” Comes from my side of the family.

It’s not unpleasant. I also like cilantro. And my heritage is German/Swiss so I’m lactose tolerant. I’m living the dream.

11 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Get a splatter screen and you’ll use it all the time. It significantly cuts down on cleaning the cooktop.

9e035cfc6968d021ba9c63adea3c4f58.jpg

have one.  that second where you lift the edge to stir underneath gets splatter over 36.83% of the kitchen.  another 17.65% gets splattered when you remove it to dump in the eggs.

• Rage+1 1

Rick Bayless is a saint and can do no wrong...Skip Bayless is an even bigger dick then I ever thought!

tl;dr Skip never had a relationship and still doesn't know his brother.  Also, he is a self-proclaimed jock and hates cooking. 

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

have one.  that second where you lift the edge to stir underneath gets splatter over 36.83% of the kitchen.  another 17.65% gets splattered when you remove it to dump in the eggs.

I can’t begin to imagine how much of a mess it makes when one cooks bacon on a sheet pan in the oven. Lay out some sheets of tin foil around the pan where you’re frying your bacon, or whatever, and cleanup is pretty easy. Also, when are you adding your eggs? Before you’ve turned off the heat and drained off most of the fat?

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I can’t begin to imagine how much of a mess it makes when one cooks bacon on a sheet pan in the oven. Lay out some sheets of tin foil around the pan where you’re frying your bacon, or whatever, and cleanup is pretty easy. Also, when are you adding your eggs? Before you’ve turned off the heat and drained off most of the fat?

per nyt, when you flip the bacon

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021747-crispy-oven-bacon-and-eggs

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I control the frying of my bacon slice by slice. Some I cook to be crispy for immediate consumption, some a little less so to be finished at a later time. Then I turn off the heat and drain the fat through a fine mesh strainer into a jar. And then I’ll cook my eggs in the residual bacon grease left in the skillet.

I’m not above admitting that I’ll scrape the greasy bacon bits out of the strainer and spread that on a slice of toast. It’s delicious. Probably not the healthiest choice in the world. 

Or just microwave your bacon. Several paper towels below to absorb the grease, and another on top to prevent splatter.

It’s not 100% like cooking on a pan, but close enough, and I don’t have to stand at the stove for 10 minutes to make sure the bacon doesn’t burn. 

Wait….you think that bacon cooked in the oven splatters?

It doesn’t. Like, at all.
  • Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are you one of those people who can’t smell it in your pee after you’ve eaten asparagus? My BIL is. He can’t smell it but his kids can. I once casually mentioned it and he said, “Oh, so that’s where my kids get it.” Comes from my side of the family.

It’s not unpleasant. I also like cilantro. And my heritage is German/Swiss so I’m lactose tolerant. I’m living the dream.

Asparagus is one of those things I have to really be in the mood for so don’t eat it all that often. 

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait….you think that bacon cooked in the oven splatters?

It doesn’t. Like, at all.

That’s good to know. I’ve never tried it. Seems like it would. But I like my system. It works well. I think it’s good for my cast iron skillet, it’s easy to pour off the grease, and I like the eggs speckled with bacon residue that I fry in it afterward. 

8 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Asparagus is one of those things I have to really be in the mood for so don’t eat it all that often. 

I love it. I can eat it as a meal by itself. I love it grilled, sautéed, or roasted. It usually just depends on what I see at the store. If I see good quality asparagus, I’ll grab a bundle. 

13 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Rick Bayless is a saint and can do no wrong...Skip Bayless is an even bigger dick then I ever thought!

tl;dr Skip never had a relationship and still doesn't know his brother.  Also, he is a self-proclaimed jock and hates cooking. 

Hey Shithead Skip- your father wasn't the first person who left your family.  How does one say he had no relationship with either his brother or sister, but still loves them?

You checked out. I listened to the whole piece and I think you're an exponentially worse cocksucker than I ever felt before that.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Hey Shithead Skip- your father wasn't the first person who left your family.  How does one say he had no relationship with either his brother or sister, but still loves them?

You checked out. I listened to the whole piece and I think you're an exponentially worse cocksucker than I ever felt before that.

Yes. He blamed everyone, especially his parents, except himself! And then to say for the whole world to hear "Steven A Smith was more of a brother to me than my real brother"...what a monumental POS!

Yeah, I get that one. I suspect the instructions to Roy actually identify two - be coy and don't be coy. Still leaves many unenumberated ways.
His lady friend suggested the possibility of at least 50 ways- "must be".

Stab her in the face, Case.
Hook up with her sister, mister.
Shit on her bed, Ted. Just listen to me.

A dizzying cornucopia of possibilities for cutting off cunts if you will.

Or just microwave your bacon. Several paper towels below to absorb the grease, and another on top to prevent splatter.
It’s not 100% like cooking on a pan, but close enough, and I don’t have to stand at the stove for 10 minutes to make sure the bacon doesn’t burn. 
You, sir, don't deserve bacon.

Fucking savage.
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

His lady friend suggested the possibility of at least 50 ways- "must be".

Stab her in the face, Case.
Hook up with her sister, mister.
Shit on her bed, Ted. Just listen to me.

A dizzying cornucopia of possibilities for cutting off cunts if you will.

Ad libbing new verses that don't rhyme whatsoever is also enjoyable. 

"just tell her to fuck off, Brent!" 

"push her down the stairs, Curtis!" 

"stop what you're doing and get the hell out ASAP, Keith!" 

"fart in her face, Jeffrey!" 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

11 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Ad libbing new verses that don't rhyme whatsoever is also enjoyable. 

"just tell her to fuck off, Brent!" 

"push her down the stairs, Curtis!" 

"stop what you're doing and get the hell out ASAP, Keith!" 

"fart in her face, Jeffrey!" 

I would give a nickle to read what Doomlet would come up with, especially any that differed from his preferred scatological medium.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I would give a nickle to read what Doomlet would come up with, especially any that differed from his preferred scatological medium.

I'll nudge him towards this the next time it comes on the radio when Mrs. Doom isn't also in the car. She would almost certainly have a chilling effect upon his natural instincts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Born to Run said:

You, sir, don't deserve bacon.

Fucking savage.

Don't knock 'til you've tried it.

It's a huge time saver - crispy bacon (the way my kids like it) in 7 minutes, and it's evenly cooked. I can do other stuff while it's cooking.

If I did it on the stove, I'd have to make sure it didn't burn, then figure out how to pour out the oil. I don't save it because cholesterol.

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

It's a huge time saver - crispy bacon (the way my kids like it) in 7 minutes, and it's evenly cooked. I can do other stuff while it's cooking.

If I did it on the stove, I'd have to make sure it didn't burn, then figure out how to pour out the oil. I don't save it because cholesterol.

This isn’t rocket surgery, soak it up with a paper towel and toss it.

• Hook 'Em 1

I first had microwave bacon back in the 80s. It's okay, but an inferior product.

Oven on a wire rack is far superior.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I'm a bit of a cooking snob but this thing makes perfect bacon quickly, easily, and consistently every time using a microwave. I have thought it through backwards and forwards and cannot think of a single valid reason to prefer skillet or oven to this method. 

image.png.dc6c12750c8604d70c8347b09d002b29.png

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm a bit of a cooking snob but this thing makes perfect bacon quickly, easily, and consistently every time using a microwave. I have thought it through backwards and forwards and cannot think of a single valid reason to prefer skillet or oven to this method. 
image.png.dc6c12750c8604d70c8347b09d002b29.png
My oven vents outside. When I cook bacon in it, the glorious aroma wafts over the canyons filling my neighbors with envy. Microwave can't do that either.
  • Hook 'Em 1

its weird to me how popularity/celebrity is assigned to athletes on a seemingly arbitrary basis (when lacking grounds of personality, attractiveness).

for example, usain bolt & mo farrah. sprints are an exciting competition, natural for spectators to 'relate' to.  its obvious why usain is popular.  but long distance running? i get that mo is the most decorated british track athlete... but do britons/others know who is their most successful shotputters or discuss thrower?

same thing for female pop vocalists.  there's a thousand of them who all look and sound the same.  on all the modern DJ x Vocalist electropop songs theres some young twee singer on it, and they might as well be interchangeable.  why did ellie goulding break through instead of the 1000 other ones?