Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

7 hours ago, Superhero said:

I don't mind the song, but video is retarded thought. People diving over tables and Stephanie Seymour dies because it rained?

I also loved gnr but that whole album was pretty bad. But November Rain sucked so hard it was almost funny how dramatic it was. And the symphony/rock band thing was already really played out. Then Metallica did the orchestra shit again like six months later. It was a weird transition time for music. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Explain.  My lower floor ac is out

In June, the fan on the condenser died. The a/c repairman would not offer a warranty on the new fan and claimed that my condenser would need to be replaced. Because he could not get the parts.
The three quotes for a new system, 7k, 10k &12k. 
Ouchie. At a party, that weekend, I was talking about my a/c issues. One guys tells me that the a/c company that made the same replacement at his house in the spring bought his freon. He said that they gave him 1k for the freon. My a/c guys were going to "haul away the old unit". 
The owner of the house heard our conversion and went to his garage and brought out a fan motor. And he gave it to me, and he said it's easy to fix. He had bought the motor on Amazon, but the fan was not the problem. He had bought all the condenser parts and had stopped the repair when the condenser had started working. Furthermore, he was right, the fan was exactly the same even the wires were the same colors. I only needed a cordless screwdriver.
The motor was $250 on Amazon. I tried to pay him for it, but he would take only 100 dollars and a 6 pack.
Don't let the air conditioning repairman steal your freon. 
All the parts are available at Amazon.
All the a/c brands use the same parts.
Get better friends.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, brakeman said:

In June, the fan on the condenser died. The a/c repairman would not offer a warranty on the new fan and claimed that my condenser would need to be replaced. Because he could not get the parts.
The three quotes for a new system, 7k, 10k &12k. 
Ouchie. At a party, that weekend, I was talking about my a/c issues. One guys tells me that the a/c company that made the same replacement at his house in the spring bought his freon. He said that they gave him 1k for the freon. My a/c guys were going to "haul away the old unit". 
The owner of the house heard our conversion and went to his garage and brought out a fan motor. And he gave it to me, and he said it's easy to fix. He had bought the motor on Amazon, but the fan was not the problem. He had bought all the condenser parts and had stopped the repair when the condenser had started working. Furthermore, he was right, the fan was exactly the same even the wires were the same colors. I only needed a cordless screwdriver.
The motor was $250 on Amazon. I tried to pay him for it, but he would take only 100 dollars and a 6 pack.
Don't let the air conditioning repairman steal your freon. 
All the parts are available at Amazon.
All the a/c brands use the same parts.
Get better friends.

Jfc

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Why the hell does the same amount of womens shaving gel foam up twice as much as mens?

I think we’re getting gyped. 

Use shaving oil instead. 5 drops is all you need. Better shave. 

41 minutes ago, brakeman said:

I know a guy that got kicked out of TAMGU, he was sucking the freon from his dorms a/c in the early 90s. He ended up at UTMB. 

Today, he is one of my oldest and most normal friends from my college years. 

Yeah, my two pals from middle school are now an engineer and a physician. 

5 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wasn't sure where to post this, but don't watch in public because you might get a little misty.  Also, remarkable sportsmanship and just being a good human being

Yeah fuck your hugs. If I’m the blue team coach I’m telling my pitcher that he better put 95 mph into the leadoff guy’s rib cage next inning. I wouldn’t stand for that chin music.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah fuck your hugs. If I’m the blue team coach I’m telling my pitcher that he better put 95 mph into the leadoff guy’s rib cage next inning. I wouldn’t stand for that chin music.

LL hitter would get a hit before you

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

22 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

A couple of my buddies got busted sucking the freon out of people's air conditioners back in middle school.

Running from the police while fucked up on inhalants doesn't work out very well. 

20 hours ago, brakeman said:

I know a guy that got kicked out of TAMGU, he was sucking the freon from his dorms a/c in the early 90s. He ended up at UTMB. 

Today, he is one of my oldest and most normal friends from my college years. 

Guy from my high school died while inhaling refrigerant.  

I made a joke about it a few weeks later in chemistry and made a girl cry.  Stuck with me.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

That is incorrect

No, very correct.  4 round trips on the last two weeks.  
- 8 cancelled flights and countless delays.

Each trip had me scheduled to land on my return flight before 7 pm.  I haven’t pulled into my driveway before 1 am yet.  Was supposed to be home at 7 tonight.  Just landed at Love and now there are no fucking gates available.  Apparently 4 flights ahead of us to get a gate.  Will probably sit on the tarmac for at least an hour.

This airline is shit.

• Rage+1 1

Each trip had me scheduled to land on my return flight before 7 pm.  I haven’t pulled into my driveway before 1 am yet.  Was supposed to be home at 7 tonight.  Just landed at Love and now there are no fucking gates available.  Apparently 4 flights ahead of us to get a gate.  Will probably sit on the tarmac for at least an hour.
This airline is shit.

That does indeed suck. My experience with them is typically not that. (Knocks wood)

All airlines are proper fucked currently. Massive crew shortages with no end in sight. They’re also all dependent on unaffiliated ground crew which is also grossly understaffed. With no bench, every little “normal” disruption (weather, equipment) becomes total chaos.

In the last 6 months I’ve been impacted in some way flying American, United, KLM and SWA. Jet Blue somehow got me to NYC and back without incident, but I think that was mostly just because early morning direct flights.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, SKJ said:

So, Nietzsche said "to live is to suffer. To survive is to find meaning in the suffering."

There has to be something lost in that translation, right? Because surviving is a lower state of being than living...

It’s actually quite profound. Read Man’s Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl. He draws on Nietzsche and others. His experience in finding meaning even while being forced to labor in Nazi concentration camps, is timeless. One of the best books I’ve ever read. 

46 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

There’s a lot of variance with banana nut bread.   It can be amazing or nasty.  

I am real picky about the cleanliness of the restaurants I eat at but I will buy banana bread from every recovering addict selling it going door to door to support their recovery house/program. I've never had any bad loaves or gotten sick.  

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/11/2022 at 2:27 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

This airline is shit.

At least, they let you use your phone.

I have a new guy at work. He's a 400 lb Cliff Clavin. It takes him 10 minutes (I've timed him) to actually go something when he says he's going to do something because he has to tell you amazing facts that only he knows. I want to strangle the shit out of him, but I don't think I can get my hands around his neck.

• Like 1