Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

47 minutes ago, RPM said:

I have a new guy at work. He's a 400 lb Cliff Clavin. It takes him 10 minutes (I've timed him) to actually go something when he says he's going to do something because he has to tell you amazing facts that only he knows. I want to strangle the shit out of him, but I don't think I can get my hands around his neck.

Most adult male neck sizes range between 14-19 inches with the average circumference being near 15 inches. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I had to google that. Is it like a fancy night light or something because it doesn't look bright enough to read by...

That 20$ lamp from Amazon that is carved from pure Himalayan Salt: removes toxins, balances Chi, removes or adds ozone (I forget which is "good"), appeases the Santos, boosts mood, helps with sleep, Exema and VD.

8 hours ago, Born to Run said:
11 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:
I had to google that. Is it like a fancy night light or something because it doesn't look bright enough to read by...

That 20$ lamp from Amazon that is carved from pure Himalayan Salt: removes toxins, balances Chi, removes or adds ozone (I forget which is "good"), appeases the Santos, boosts mood, helps with sleep, Exema and VD.

So you're saying if I covered the Himalayan Salt in essential oils (and it didn't dissolve first) then I could charge 5x as much? Hold on, I need to form a new LLC.

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

“Ye” is actually the old English way of spelling “the” and is properly pronounced as “the”. The TH sound was written as a Y before the Y became its own letter in the alphabet.

Today I was relieved to learn I have NOT been mispronouncing the word 'yellow,' as it originated from the Old English word, 'geolu,' so thanks CooterBrown for that little random thought which generated another random thought of my own. Hehe.

Whats everyones take on wearing new clothes straight from the store?

Wife is adamantly opposed.  I don't really care.  Cosmetically/superficially there's obviously no blemishes.  Sanitary wise, well its coming off a bolt of fabric and then sewn in a garment factory... even if its Bangladesh, it's not exactly swimming in a butcher shop, so what's the worry?

Obviously, dress shirts from the package are a no-go because of the creasing (and i wouldnt be getting them from bangladesh anyway)

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

“Ye” is actually the old English way of spelling “the” and is properly pronounced as “the”. The TH sound was written as a Y before the Y became its own letter in the alphabet.

Bullthit. 
aHR0cHM6Ly91bmQuY29tL3dwLWNvbnRlbnQvdXBs

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/14/2022 at 12:39 AM, Born to Run said:

Yeah, but does it smell like Gwyneth Paltrow’s vagina?

19 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Wife is adamantly opposed.  I don't really care.  Cosmetically/superficially there's obviously no blemishes.  Sanitary wise, well its coming off a bolt of fabric and then sewn in a garment factory... even if its Bangladesh, it's not exactly swimming in a butcher shop, so what's the worry?

Obviously, dress shirts from the package are a no-go because of the creasing (and i wouldnt be getting them from bangladesh anyway)

I'm opposed.  New clothes smell weird to me.  Not necessarily bad, just not right.

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

I wear them straight from the store for the sole reason that it pisses my wife off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

They tested new clothes in some consumer products study and it was surprising the types of chemicals that were present prior to washing. How do you feel about lead?

Formaldehyde is frequently used as a mold preventative IIRC.

Formaldaehogivesashit. 

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The only time I wear clothes straight from the store is when I'm trying to shake a covert tail.  In that case I'll put the new clothes on in the store dressing room and just leave my old clothes.

You heathen. You’re supposed to put the old back on a hanger, and fold the pants up if they were not on a hanger. 

Less suspicious. More time to get out. 

So you're saying if I covered the Himalayan Salt in essential oils (and it didn't dissolve first) then I could charge 5x as much? Hold on, I need to form a new LLC.
No, no man, that's not how this works. Oil would trap in the salts healing power.
You need a seperate essential oils diffuser, in Every room.

Fuck no, unless I'm in a jam, or it's outer wear and I arrived to Budapest in Oct to find 45 degrees, rain, and a near freezing wind chill. Then fuck yeah.

My girlfriend? Shit from goodwill is gtgo.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, 52-80 said:

i had no idea the tv show survivor was still going strong, at season #42 goddamn

Is it going strong? Judging by the world today I'm pretty lefty and the forced diversity is a turn off for me. I've watched the past couple of seasons until I couldn't take it anymore. I think it was last season where Jeff decided he couldn't say "Come on in guys" anymore. 

If you make those changes, great, more power to you. I'm all for it. To make them the focus of the program is just irritating.

18 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I'm a yes. I find that's when they fit the absolute best and are the brightest and nicest. 

3 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is it going strong? Judging by the world today I'm pretty lefty and the forced diversity is a turn off for me. I've watched the past couple of seasons until I couldn't take it anymore. I think it was last season where Jeff decided he couldn't say "Come on in guys" anymore. 

If you make those changes, great, more power to you. I'm all for it. To make them the focus of the program is just irritating.

recent viewership figures are about 1/2 of what they were in the first few seasons when it was blockbusters.  pretty impressive for a 20 year old show

Replaced my car battery myself for the first time today. 2 minute YouTube tutorial was all I needed. Same deal for changing a tire and other car stuff. It occurred to me that knowing a bunch about car repair is kind of overrated in this day & age when a lot of it is easily done by anyone that can read or watch a video. 

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

Replaced my car battery myself for the first time today. 2 minute YouTube tutorial was all I needed. Same deal for changing a tire and other car stuff. It occurred to me that knowing a bunch about car repair is kind of overrated in this day & age when a lot of it is easily done by anyone that can read or watch a video. 

Eh, I see it like using a calculator. It's still good to know how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, even though we all have a calculator at our fingertips

• Like 1