Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

On 11/5/2022 at 8:03 AM, burntorangebongos said:

Yes but leave it stuck on standard time, please. Fuck the hour forward shit.

This nearly neg worthy for me. Fuck every bit of standard time. I say we Spring forward 2 hours one last time and just call it time. I don't give a shit if it's dark in the morning, give me light after I get home.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I’m at the taco joint at gate E31 right now, grateful I don’t have to go to E22.

I had a long enough connection that I was able to make the trek to Whataburger. 

If you were that guy behind me on the escalator, sorry/not sorry about the heavy duty fart. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

3 hours ago, BearMace said:

This nearly neg worthy for me. Fuck every bit of standard time. I say we Spring forward 2 hours one last time and just call it time. I don't give a shit if it's dark in the morning, give me light after I get home.

Fuck your two hours shit that would fuck up my morning sleep. I don't give a fuck about light in the evening. I'm not a farmer. Daylight savings was always bullshit and it needs to die and be heaped in the dustbin of history as the fucked-up policy It always was. 

Edited by burntorangebongos

I wonder how most insulated Americans think drugs flow around the country?  Like they think the cartels trust very illegal looking Jose, once he crosses the border, to just keep going with $20mm of their product up to Denver or Cincinnati.  No voter ever takes that next step in logic.  Yes, lots of drugs cross our southern border.  But you think some guy on foot or a truck with Mexico plates just keeps going?  

there is a robust network of law enforcement that provides interstate transport of narcotics all over the U.S. using everything from domestic carriers to postal service to FedEx to Jim Bob in a 5th wheel.  Blows my mind people think drugs are crossing to the border and then just stop wondering how it gets to Memphis.  

5 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have some fresh tattoo work that I need to put lotion on a few times a day. I work for an oil company, so in a typical O&G office setting. I wonder what people think as I take a bottle of lotion with me to the bathroom.

He puts the lotion on the tattoo basket or he gets derrick job again...

• Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Fuck your two hours shit that would fuck up my morning sleep. I don't give a fuck about light in the evening. I'm not a farmer. Daylight savings was always bullshit and it needs to die and be heaped in the dustbin of history as the fucked-up policy It always was. 

Please explain to us how it being darker in the morning messes up your morning sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Well, @Patricio Swayze sounds like a pumper who uses the lotion when he sets the choke, coaxing the mud past the annulus as he nipples up, sometimes relying on his friend the toolpusher, until there’s a blowout. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

We’re not against rap. We’re not against rappers. 

But we are against those thugs. 

8 hours ago, nnm said:

Well, @Patricio Swayze sounds like a pumper who uses the lotion when he sets the choke, coaxing the mud past the annulus as he nipples up, sometimes relying on his friend the toolpusher, until there’s a blowout. 

Sounds like a rough POOH job

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have some fresh tattoo work that I need to put lotion on a few times a day. I work for an oil company, so in a typical O&G office setting. I wonder what people think as I take a bottle of lotion with me to the bathroom.

Mycitracin? Bacitracin?

Straight lotion? Crazy talk. 

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Logically it makes sense that maritime fleets have planes to launch and provide support.

But nominally/superficially it always struck me as weird that the US “navy” owns and operates so many fighter aircrafts

Have you, then, a moment sir to learn about the logistical and budgetary benefits of Space Force? 

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep, just lotion. I am substantially covered in tattoos. Done the same aftercare for most of them.

Wow. I was always told never use it, and use bacitracin/mycitracin. 

Either way, can’t let that shit dry out. 

6 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Logically it makes sense that maritime fleets have planes to launch and provide support.

But nominally/superficially it always struck me as weird that the US “navy” owns and operates so many fighter aircrafts

We even keep some at a airforce bases too! 😉

18 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

Wow. I was always told never use it, and use bacitracin/mycitracin. 

Either way, can’t let that shit dry out. 

We even keep some at a airforce bases too! 😉

I don’t recall ever using anything other than lotion.  Non scented and dye free though. I am approaching 50% coverage.  Just going to finish my sleeves, cover something on my chest and be done. Getting too old for this shit. Maybe some gap fillers here and there, but no more big work (mostly because there is no more real estate).  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/9/2022 at 7:52 PM, YGIFS said:

On 11/9/2022 at 9:49 PM, nnm said:

On 11/9/2022 at 9:51 PM, YGIFS said:

We're still talking about the hydrocarbon business, right?  

all of this and not one word about natural gas?  Come on man!

• Haha 1