Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

Do you guys ever perceive difference in taste of eggs?

People argue all the time about superiority organic foods, which is often flimsy, but more than 1 person tried to convince me feverishly how "real eggs from [their country] tastes like night and day compared to industrial eggs".

Well I grew up on a farm with chickens; and I've bought eggs straight from the private farms (like when you drive through the countryside); and I've shopped for eggs in America and Europe; and eaten eggs at breakfast in hotels all across the world.  And they all taste like... eggs. 

Sure sometimes you taste good strawberries and bad strawberries, good steaks and bad steaks, good bread and bad bread... but eggs taste like an egg or they dont (the powdered stuff).  Or is that just me?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

People argue all the time about superiority organic foods, which is often flimsy, but more than 1 person tried to convince me feverishly how "real eggs from [their country] tastes like night and day compared to industrial eggs".

Well I grew up on a farm with chickens; and I've bought eggs straight from the private farms (like when you drive through the countryside); and I've shopped for eggs in America and Europe; and eaten eggs at breakfast in hotels all across the world.  And they all taste like... eggs. 

Sure sometimes you taste good strawberries and bad strawberries, good steaks and bad steaks, good bread and bad bread... but eggs taste like an egg or they dont (the powdered stuff).  Or is that just me?

Same for me in the country eggs vs store-bought eggs debate. I can never tell the difference. 

Another one is the Angus beef vs regular beef debate. If I took a good cut of Angus steak, and a good cut of Hereford steak, and cooked both just right, how many people are going to know the difference?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Another one is the Angus beef vs regular beef debate. If I took a good cut of Angus steak, and a good cut of Hereford steak, and cooked both just right, how many people are going to know the difference?

Discern breed of cattle? No fucking way for me.  Except if its completely abnormal like Wagyu which you can tell by looking alone.

Grass fed vs Grain fed is pretty easy because the fat is yellower and tastes stickier/glooey. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Discern breed of cattle? No fucking way for me.  Except if its completely abnormal like Wagyu which you can tell by looking alone.

Grass fed vs Grain fed is pretty easy because the fat is yellower and tastes stickier/glooey. 

My wife's grandmother was a real battleaxe. She swore that Charlois beef was tough and flavorless because her mouthbreathing son worked the kill chute at Iowa Beef and told her as much. She always bought a quarter of beef from us whenever we butchered a critter from our 500 head feedlot. We made sure her portion came from a white hided animal. My wife always smiled when that old bag would rave about her beef.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, 52-80 said:

That's interesting. I can definitely taste the difference. To the point that I now have chickens just so I can get fresh eggs. For me, it's any type of wine above about $10. If you have a $15 Cab and a $40 cab, I probably couldn't tell you which was which. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I was watching 1994’s Clear and Present Danger, and all the narcos in the movies were shooting automatic rifles from the hip, and the few hand combat sequences were really stiff and awkward. 

This was a major blockbuster movie.

Until when and how did everyone just accept that the physical acting is okay to be portrayed in such a cartoonish and hokey manner?

6 hours ago, Incredulity said:

In the great eggammedgedon of recent history we got substituted the high falutin brown/organic/rangefed..... eggs on a delivery order from Costco.

They tasted different.  Not bad, very similar just different.    I would say more intense of an egg flavor or perhaps richer.

How was it served?

Egg whites are naturally flavorless so that part tastes like nothing to me. Yolk on a fried or soft-boiled egg, I sense more the texture than the taste, which itself gets overpowered by salt anyway

• Hook 'Em 1

I was watching 1994’s Clear and Present Danger, and all the narcos in the movies were shooting automatic rifles from the hip, and the few hand combat sequences were really stiff and awkward. 
This was a major blockbuster movie.

Until when and how did everyone just accept that the physical acting is okay to be portrayed in such a cartoonish and hokey manner?

I’ve been disappointed with just about every pre 2000 movie I’ve rewatched. $100M+ budgets don’t make for a good movie, but they sure cover a lot of blemishes.

The USDA and Nolan Ryan out here gaslighting folks.

Road tripped to Florida this week, there now. What an absolutely horrific place. Makes rural Texas look like Berkeley. I drove through Louisiana, Mississippi, and Bama to get here. The people in all those places seemed friendly and nice to me. Stupid, sun-burned, tattoed, and angry describes about 80% of the people I’ve seen in Florida.

• Haha 1

That's interesting. I can definitely taste the difference. To the point that I now have chickens just so I can get fresh eggs. For me, it's any type of wine above about $10. If you have a $15 Cab and a $40 cab, I probably couldn't tell you which was which. 

I’m a beer drinker first, whiskey second. I too cannot discern a $15 cab from a $40 cab while drinking it. But the next morning I can tell you which it was.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Would you hire this person?

Resume I received:

Dear ***************,

Please accept this current resume information for consideration of your needs in Austin, Texas.

I answered an ad some time ago about "Be All You Can Be!" I've found that I may have taken a wrong turn. I can say that I would have expected to have found something with the federal government, State of Texas or local business. 

I did interview three (3) times some years ago, with a local engineering firm, before being hired to work behind a core sample rig, because someone was injured seriously on the job and no family members were interested. I found the job interesting, but felt uncomfortable having a federal convicted drug dealer in charge of a nuclear materials program. My experience gained in the Bakken Petroleum formation opened doors.

I've worked in an office of alcoholic attorneys with an open bar on the owners desk, been sexually assaulted in an ABA program by a teacher and been the victim of lawyers running known false positive testing programs. (CDC - September '83).

My last job at the Pentagon was very interesting. All the people in my office were fabulous. However, federal civil service is well known to be a magnet of the incompetent, low motivational and the irresponsible. I can confirm this having spoken with too many on the telephone. 

I have applied for a position with a judge locally where I expect that I would be safe having worked in a courthouse before, be able to earn an actual living and will take care of any emergency situations that could present beyond the floor needing to be swept. (Such as seeing to it that an alcoholic District Attorney sees a day in court, after handing the office holder to the judge, before the conspiring counsel attempted to abuse the residents of Travis County in 2013.)

If you could use a stop-gap in your position. I would be glad to help. If you think I would be better utilized elsewhere. Please feel free to forward this information to others who may have a need for a multifaceted individual who may not have attended a program in a degenerate US educational institution.

Very respectfully,

I can pass the contact info to anyone that is interested.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Resume I received:

Dear ***************,

Please accept this current resume information for consideration of your needs in Austin, Texas.

I answered an ad some time ago about "Be All You Can Be!" I've found that I may have taken a wrong turn. I can say that I would have expected to have found something with the federal government, State of Texas or local business. 

I did interview three (3) times some years ago, with a local engineering firm, before being hired to work behind a core sample rig, because someone was injured seriously on the job and no family members were interested. I found the job interesting, but felt uncomfortable having a federal convicted drug dealer in charge of a nuclear materials program. My experience gained in the Bakken Petroleum formation opened doors.

I've worked in an office of alcoholic attorneys with an open bar on the owners desk, been sexually assaulted in an ABA program by a teacher and been the victim of lawyers running known false positive testing programs. (CDC - September '83).

My last job at the Pentagon was very interesting. All the people in my office were fabulous. However, federal civil service is well known to be a magnet of the incompetent, low motivational and the irresponsible. I can confirm this having spoken with too many on the telephone. 

I have applied for a position with a judge locally where I expect that I would be safe having worked in a courthouse before, be able to earn an actual living and will take care of any emergency situations that could present beyond the floor needing to be swept. (Such as seeing to it that an alcoholic District Attorney sees a day in court, after handing the office holder to the judge, before the conspiring counsel attempted to abuse the residents of Travis County in 2013.)

If you could use a stop-gap in your position. I would be glad to help. If you think I would be better utilized elsewhere. Please feel free to forward this information to others who may have a need for a multifaceted individual who may not have attended a program in a degenerate US educational institution.

Very respectfully,

Please give this guy a chance. He deserves it. Report back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Resume I received:

Dear ***************,

Very respectfully,

I think that I would put that resume in the circular file.  If everyone you meet are assholes...

Resume I received:
Dear ***************,

Very respectfully,

I see potential here. Hear me out. We (Surly), use the wreath fund to pay his salary, and in turn, use his experience for odd tasks that we need done.

I can think of a very useful purpose for his expertise in an outreach program for those very misunderstood women from the “Meet an Inmate” thread. He would be able to perform any and all challenges we present, and in return, we get the updates and results of our curiosity about these posted for all to enjoy. If, said mission is unsuccessful, well we wouldn’t put at risk one of us after all!

8 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Resume I received:

Dear ***************,

Very respectfully,

Hire him. Now that we've been without Dirt Bike for so long, we need a new character to document and discuss. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, jeevsie said:

For the month of March, do you just live with a pollen green car or do you wash your car like every 3 days? Geez, our cars are disgusting.

Running through the car wash every 2nd or 3rd day lately.  My $25 Smitty's membership is definitely paying off.

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Inserting “anal” before the names of Ford’s cars, SUVs and small trucks returns interesting results.  

Anal escort

anal fiesta

Anal escape

Anal expedition

Anal explorer

Anal ranger

anal maverick

Anal falcon

Anal contour

Anal aspire

Anal flex

anal fusion

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Anal escort

anal fiesta

Anal escape

Anal expedition

Anal explorer

Anal ranger

anal maverick

Anal falcon

Anal contour

Anal aspire

Anal flex

anal fusion

You're missing Anal Probe.

Edited by Guadaloopy
Stupid auto merge of replies.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

You're missing Anal Probe.

Also Anal Lightning (hello, shart thread!), Anal Mustang and Now This' favorite the Anal Escape Plug-in

If one includes Ford's high-end market Lincoln-Mercury lines you get: Anal Aviator and Anal Navigator

My wife came to bed all hot and bothered last night. I asked what I did to turn her on. Turns out it wasn’t me. It was the Victoria’s Secret site she was browsing before coming to bed.

I’ll ask if she’s open to a threesome. Anyone have a number for a lingerie model?

Same for me in the country eggs vs store-bought eggs debate. I can never tell the difference. 

While there is an Angus breed, in the US, any black cattle can be marketed as Angus.