Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

7 hours ago, Not that Bob said:

Why do all clothing catalogue models look irked? I'm not spending time in your catalogue looking at pictures of people who seem to want to tell me to fuck off. You trying to sell clothes or not?

What about people who want to look like they’re fixin to tell you to fuck off?

my feet have never felt cold while skiing, or otherwise being outside in winter.

then i realized it might have to do with my recent occurrence that ive got no sensitivity in my goddamn toes.  the outside half of my 2 big toes, they have a slight tingle-to-numb feeling when i run my nails over them.  theyre normally looking toes, not completely calloused or anything, so i dont know when this started or for how long. its as if theyve got flash frost-bitten or something.

ya'll have full sensitivity around your entire toe?

4 hours ago, 52-80 said:

my feet have never felt cold while skiing, or otherwise being outside in winter.

then i realized it might have to do with my recent occurrence that ive got no sensitivity in my goddamn toes.  the outside half of my 2 big toes, they have a slight tingle-to-numb feeling when i run my nails over them.  theyre normally looking toes, not completely calloused or anything, so i dont know when this started or for how long. its as if theyve got flash frost-bitten or something.

Not trying to scare you because there could be a lot of things causing this but my wife and a friend got neuropathy in their feet when they were diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. One of the test they do it light finger scraping around their toes and feet to see where they can feel it. Might need to see a doctor. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Coach Ryan needs to see you in his office.  

• Haha 1

I buy really quality socks and have my own ski and snowboard boots because my feet freeze. Also my hands get cold easily but my core does not and my helmet vents are almost always open.

No idea what that means tho

On 4/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, Armybrat said:

Texas is in the minority when it comes to annual vehicle inspections….

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-requires-vehicle-inspections-how-many-other-states-do-it/

When I worked in Kentucky back in 79-80 they didn't require an annual inspection. However if you got stopped for a traffic violation your vehicle had better be up to snuff. The officer would check your vehicle and a defective headlight/tail light etc could get you a fine that could require a bank loan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Born to Run said:

Also my hands get cold easily but my core does not and my helmet vents are almost always open.

No idea what that means tho

My body works exactly the same way, and you might want to check if its your ticker.  It almost as if ive got a 4-cylinder in place of other peoples’ V6. 

When I was biking often and collecting biometrics, I noticed my heart rate revved quickly and stayed up in a higher, narrower band compared to other people with similar age and fitness output. 

For example, with the same resting rate of 70, their medium/hard/max efforts might be 110/140/170bpm

mine would be 160/180/200

At 175 I feel completely fine and can carry a calm conversation, but they would be wheezing.  30 minutes into a lunch break, I’d feel relaxed like a sunday morning, but heart rate still hovers at 120 while others will have settled back to 70.

Seen a doctor and a cardiologist about it, done cardiographs and fitness tests and such, and they couldn’t say anythinf except maybe its a tad unusual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brothahorn said:
On 4/14/2023 at 8:01 AM, Armybrat said:
Texas is in the minority when it comes to annual vehicle inspections….
https://www.kxan.com/news/texas/texas-requires-vehicle-inspections-how-many-other-states-do-it/

It's just a money-making scheme for child safety. Because they damn sure don't use it to fix roads and bridges.

It was so much bullshit. When we had inspections in Oklahoma, it was $5 and the shop got to keep around $1 of that. But since it was such a waste of manpower, you got the lowest guy on the totem pole to do your inspection. So the idea that it was going to "Keep people safe" was a joke. Like Jethro, the HS dropout was the one man keeping unsafe cars off the road. Unless it was his buddy/family member/some hot chick. It was mostly a tax on the poor. "Oh, your tires are too bald,, no sticker and no driving until it gets fixed. What's that, now you can't drive to work to get money to fix the tires? Too bad, poor guy. "

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Speaking of yoga and inspections, how I check to make sure women have their lululemon pants on correctly?  For safety purposes.  

All random here:

I can beat 95% of the men my age in the sit 'n reach.  I can still put one leg behind my head and touch my toes with no problem and I'm not in great shape.  I can mountain bike a decent clip for an hour, swim at a decent clip for an hour, or do 6+ hours of robust yardwork in July and some modicum of stamina keeps my heart rate from going crazy.  But I am constantly stressed, my diet is not awful but it's not good, my mother's side of the family has pretty shitty genetics on the male side, and I can't run more than 5-10 minutes without feeling I need to go to the hospital.  My hypertension can get pretty serious at times, often triggered at night.  A remnant of quitting alcohol I suspect.  and again stress.  I can stay awake and be productive with a low pulse for 36 hours without much effort.  And there are days where I have to nap once, or even twice with hot showers and meditation to get my blood pressure down from 170/110 to something more normal.  I didn't realize this can lead to stroke and never damage.  I just thought I'd get cancer like everybody male in my family.  I will suffer grave insomnia and only sleep 3 hours a night for weeks and then there are other weeks where I'll conk out for 10 hours a night on end.  I can play sports with my girls for hours some days, and other days I can't make it through a puzzle with them without feeling like I'm gonna pass out.  My encyclopedic knowledge of music, politics, geography, and baseball has literally been the subject of doctoral thesis.  And yesterday, 30 minutes after I put in air in my tires, I had no recollection of the event when my wife told me the tires looked much better.  My right eye and left eye's vision were so disparate, the UofH Optometry School brought in with 3rd years for a day long study because of how odd their work in concert was.  And now?  I can barely make anything out with my right eye and rely mainly on my left eye.  And I was about 70/30 right hand/left hand for most of my life.  And in the last year, it has become the exact opposite.  After 20 years of not pitching, I can suddenly throw my slider from high school again, but I have serious trouble shooting a basketball or throwing a football.  

the most geographically and genetically diverse we get as a species, there's gonna be some of us that just have a whole suit of weird shit going with on our bodies.  

I’m a hard guy to buy a present for. I really don’t need anything and if I want something, within reason I’ll just go buy it. So I wind up with really random stuff from my 10 year old because she doesn’t know what to get me. For Christmas one of the things she found was a bar of soap the size of a brick at Tractor Supply that she thought smelled really good. I don’t remember what brand it was but I’ve been showering with that thing once or twice a day since December and it hasn’t shrunk 3/8 of an inch! It’s still huge! I now feel like Irish Spring has been screwing me over for decades.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

You know how sometimes you just take a really good dump, where everything moves smoothly and it just feels good?  A couple of days ago I took a shit so good that calling it "taking a good dump" doesn't do it justice.  I've finally decided that it could only be described as a fecal experience.

These days, I remember a great dump the way I remember a great longhorn win.
And they both seem to happen at about the same rate.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

I’m a hard guy to buy a present for. I really don’t need anything and if I want something, within reason I’ll just go buy it. So I wind up with really random stuff from my 10 year old because she doesn’t know what to get me. For Christmas one of the things she found was a bar of soap the size of a brick at Tractor Supply that she thought smelled really good. I don’t remember what brand it was but I’ve been showering with that thing once or twice a day since December and it hasn’t shrunk 3/8 of an inch! It’s still huge! I now feel like Irish Spring has been screwing me over for decades.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Helobious said:

“Oh Canada” might be the single shittiest work of music in human history. Just godawful to listen to. 

Do you even McArthur Park, bro?  Someone left a cake out in the rain. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Helobious said:

“Oh Canada” might be the single shittiest work of music in human history. Just godawful to listen to. 

Meh... Boomer Sooner and plethora of aggy shit are way worse.

Plus good hockey follows almost every time I hear Oh Canada.

Edited by slorch