Random thoughts that don't warrant a thread

GSU&UT

1 hour ago, burntorangebongos said:

I have figured out a way to make someone else rich. Take me to Vegas and bet the opposite at the roulette table. Sheesh, I have the worst luck. 

I take my car into the shop for bumper repair and my truck that I just had inspected and have to use solely for a couple of weeks has the check engine light glowing this morning. Yikes! Ran it to jiffy lube and got the code for cylinder misfire and was told need new spark plugs. Yaaay. 

Do they need to do this to replace those spark plugs?

(see the Cadillac thread)  

8604DCD5-A2F4-464F-8F2C-2F9CF08228C7.png.6d1efcbbe9e808e434c1156c45f6413c.png

• Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

I bought my mega-billion loto ticket this morning and as I was leaving Allsups (no burrito) I stepped over a penny and picked it up. So I feel really good about my chances tonight. 

That’s funny. I picked up a penny after I bought my ticket too. I’m not superstitious, though, and I’m sure I won’t win. 

3 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

The spark plugs are right on top but it is still going to cost me an estimated $180 in labor to change them. Having tits when you've need car repairs costs an extra 30 percent or so.

you're doing it wrong

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

The spark plugs are right on top but it is still going to cost me an estimated $180 in labor to change them. Having tits when you've need car repairs costs an extra 30 percent or so.

You're right. Mechanics don't attempt to take advantage of men. 

If you think it's too much then tell them that. Or get another quote. 

They are letting me bring spark plugs I bought from Autozone. Pinche Sun Auto told me I have to use parts they buy for the privilege of getting upcharged so that I pay double for each spark plug. Haha.

I could use a mobile mechanic to come to my work but I know these jiffy lube peeps and they have done nice things for me in the past so I'll use them for this.

• Hook 'Em 2

23 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

They are letting me bring spark plugs I bought from Autozone. Pinche Sun Auto told me I have to use parts they buy for the privilege of getting upcharged so that I pay double for each spark plug. Haha.

I could use a mobile mechanic to come to my work but I know these jiffy lube peeps and they have done nice things for me in the past so I'll use them for this.

Well you're at least fighting the battle. 

And obviously women are bigger targets for mechanics. Just saying none of us escape the bullshit. 

I think I want to see an energy crisis so that commercial buildings will no longer turn the air conditioning down to 65 degrees. Spent the morning in a doctor's office waiting room and damn near froze to death. 

Telling people to turn their thermostats up at home while office buildings are ice cubes is a joke.

7 hours ago, SKJ said:

I think I'm going to start journaling... I'm going through some shit right now and my thoughts are eating me up.

Anyone do this? Have any tips?

I do it occasionally, but with gratitude stuff. I tend to be pessimistic (I refer to it as realistic), so at the advice of a friend, when I think life is pretty rough I write down the good things that I have or that have happened to me. List is usually longer than I anticipate. 

1 hour ago, Kennythetiger said:

I do it occasionally, but with gratitude stuff. I tend to be pessimistic (I refer to it as realistic), so at the advice of a friend, when I think life is pretty rough I write down the good things that I have or that have happened to me. List is usually longer than I anticipate. 

If you could get into more of a habit with it, would you? 

I think I'm going to start journaling... I'm going through some shit right now and my thoughts are eating me up.

I do it all the time, but as needed not with a rigid routine.

I use the notes app in my phone. I write out all kinds of shit that’s in my head. Mostly stuff that’s costing stress or anxiety. Or tough conversations I need to have. Especially stuff that’s eating me up. For me, it really helps to “get it out” so to speak. Also helps to organize my thoughts and think through what I really think. Very effective for me to help chill.

Sometimes I write stream of consciousness stuff. Sometimes it’s more structured. Sometimes it’s really shitty stuff I want to say to someone when I’m pissed off.

It’s all helpful. I’d say give it a shot.
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, SKJ said:

I do it off and on. My thoughts:

When I read back through my writings, I realize I'm retarded. One day I'm writing about goals, one day I'm writing about Harry Potter theories, or whether some band is overrated, or was Don Meredith really that good of a quarterback. 

It works better for me with an actual written journal, rather than something electronic. Actual writing changes your thought process. I keep my journal in a place where other people won't notice it, and never share it. It's more for organizing my brain than for performance art. I write stuff for other people to read, but that's a whole different game. 

For journaling, the difficult part is writing for yourself, rather than writing for an audience. It's easy to get too serious or pompous. 

One thing that I read (haven't done it) was from a guy who journals, and he creates a new journal every year on New Year's Day. In the front cover, he writes a number.  He calculates the number by taking 29,200 (the number of days in eighty years) and subtracting his age X 365. It gives him the number of days he has left until he's eighty, so a guesstimate of his time left if he has a reasonable, slightly above average life span. He says it reminds him that time is ALWAYS passing, and keeps him from wasting it. 

Set a time to journal, if you want to do it. I keep a single journal at a time, and write the date and time in the upper right hand corner before each entry. Each entry starts on a new page. Get a good pen for journaling, one that's comfortable to hold, and doesn't skip or blot. A good pen makes the process of writing pleasant. A crappy one makes it annoying, and will ruin your vibe while you're trying to write. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 8/4/2022 at 7:07 AM, SKJ said:

Do what mrplegm does and just write all that shit on surly

Edited by 52-80
  • Haha 1

I think I've posted something similar on one of these threads before. 

November Rain sucks so much fucking dick. Every time this bullshit comes on somewhere I'm at it pisses me off. 

And I'm a big GnR guy. I love a ton of their stuff. But fuck me that song sucks and is 17 fucking minutes long. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

I think I've posted something similar on one of these threads before. 

November Rain sucks so much fucking dick. Every time this bullshit comes on somewhere I'm at it pisses me off. 

And I'm a big GnR guy. I love a ton of their stuff. But fuck me that song sucks and is 17 fucking minutes long. 

I don't mind the song, but video is retarded thought. People diving over tables and Stephanie Seymour dies because it rained?

17 minutes ago, Lurch said:

70f34cfbeea4da2da93a82a8cecb0ede.gif

That's the tiniest church in the history of tiny churches.

Edited by Superhero