Pelicans v Warriors

Chapo

2 hours ago, SDG said:

It’s called free agency. LBJ went to Miami...  

How is that the same? Miami was shit for the years after the 2006 title. Bosh had never won anything at all and Wade hadn't did anything since 2006. Durant joined a 73 win team that was already established. Lebron went and formed a team to take down the Celtics. He didn't go and join the Celtics. Now that would have been comparable. 

At the time I was hoping he would go to the Celtics, and I think it would've worked out great for him there. Maybe he chose the Warriors because he wanted to play on a team with a good coach that runs a real offense instead of that iso-bullshit that the Thunder and half of the teams in the NBA run? Who knows or cares? In the end it was his decision to make and fans should just get the fuck over it.

4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

At the time I was hoping he would go to the Celtics, and I think it would've worked out great for him there. Maybe he chose the Warriors because he wanted to play on a team with a good coach that runs a real offense instead of that iso-bullshit that the Thunder and half of the teams in the NBA run? Who knows or cares? In the end it was his decision to make and fans should just get the fuck over it.

The Celtics didn't really have anyone on their team (no Kyrie, no Tatum, Brown was just drafted, and Horford was making his decision as well) at the time KD was making his decision.  And Bay Area >>>> Boston.... every fucking time.

I think you have a point about wanting a better organization starting with the coach, but Stevens is a hell of a coach so I don't see a huge distinction in that area....

If I'm Golden State, I might sit Steph again on Tuesday. Make New Orleans prove that they can even compete in Oracle before risking it. With two days off between Games 1, 2, and 3, game 3 isn't until Friday. That's exactly 6 weeks from his injury, which is the upper expected recovery time. Even if the docs say he's 100% good to go, why not be extra cautious just to be safe?

Conversely, if he plays on game 2--even if it's only for 20 minutes--that place is going to be electric, and they'll feed off of it.

He's going to play, but I'd at least think about it. 2-3 games between games 3-5 is still enough time to get back into rhythm for Houston.

Edited by aggie08

Unfortunately, Jrue Holiday is a mortal again. He couldn't make as a big of an impact defensively since almost everybody he is guarding on the Warriors are bigger and taller.

I was surprised that AD couldn't get going though, seems that he was really bothered by GS physicality.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, aggie08 said:

If I'm Golden State, I might sit Steph again on Tuesday. Make New Orleans prove that they can even compete in Oracle before risking it. With two days off between Games 1, 2, and 3, game 3 isn't until Friday. That's exactly 6 weeks from his injury, which is the upper expected recovery time. Even if the docs say he's 100% good to go, why not be extra cautious just to be safe?

Conversely, if he plays on game 2--even if it's only for 20 minutes--that place is going to be electric, and they'll feed off of it.

He's going to play, but I'd at least think about it. 2-3 games between games 3-5 is still enough time to get back into rhythm for Houston.

Totally agree. Why use him if you don't need him.

On 4/29/2018 at 11:41 PM, aggie08 said:

100% agree. Sit him and make them prove they can beat you. However, I would wanna get him going before the WCC.

He's one of the biggest douchebags in the league, but god damn is Draymond Green good at this sport called basketball.  He's giving up 4-5 inches and probably 6-7 with reach and just straight up balling.  It's hard not to respect how good he is, but he'll do something to make me hate him before the night is over.  Doesn't mean I can't appreciate how good he is...

15 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

He's one of the biggest douchebags in the league, but god damn is Draymond Green good at this sport called basketball.  He's giving up 4-5 inches and probably 6-7 with reach and just straight up balling.  It's hard not to respect how good he is, but he'll do something to make me hate him before the night is over.  Doesn't mean I can't appreciate how good he is...

Agreed, he is the Dennis Rodman of this generation...

Haven’t seen it in this game, but I want to vent.  Flexing after every single and 1, no matter how soft the foul, is played the fuck out.  The gesture has no meaning if you flex after some soft ass ill-advised touch foul.

Save flexing for hard fouls only.

KD is 14-52 from deep so far this postseason. That's cause for some minor concern. Steph being back should help open up those looks, though most of his attempts are of the pull-up variety, not catch-and-shoot.

Edited by aggie08

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

KD is 14-52 from deep so far this postseason. That's cause for some minor concern. Steph being back should help open up those looks, though most of his attempts are of the pull-up variety, not catch-and-shoot.

He's missing a lot of wide open looks too.... Probably needs to take it more to the hoop or post up.  Looks like a little shooting slump because some of the shots aren't that close....

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

Draymond Green has been the best player in this series and it hasn't been close. 

Something tells me that he has every single article predicting AD would have a field day this series plastered to his locker.

Like he needs extra fuel.