lawyer has a hard time with zoom

Dennis Taylor

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Nothing but respect for Mr. Pontin.  He went from total embarrassment to “I am prepared to go forward with it” in the space of thirty seconds.  

I was on a conference with a bunch of attorneys and judges today....and that was absolutely where we all ended up (and several folks knew the lawyer at issue).  We all found it hysterical.....and then admired him for the pure "fuck it, let's do this" attitude. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I’ve watched every meme video since the “I seen a leprechaun” and grape stomp lady were on 2004 YouTube. Without a doubt this is the one I’ve laughed the most/longest/hardest. 

Just completely captures the last 5 years perfectly. 

grape stomp lady is top 3 easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Had a guy I supervise join the morning zoom with his camera off, but we clearly all heard him flushing the toilet in the background. I’ve made clear to him that he’s already on pretty thin ice with regards to professionalism and attitude, I have no idea WTF he’s thinking with this. 

Maybe he was thinking "I gotta hurry up and finish this dump and get on this fucking call the asshole boss scheduled during my shitter time"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Had a guy I supervise join the morning zoom with his camera off, but we clearly all heard him flushing the toilet in the background. I’ve made clear to him that he’s already on pretty thin ice with regards to professionalism and attitude, I have no idea WTF he’s thinking with this. 

So you just want him to leave a floater? 

make up you mind man!

• Like 1

My wife has been opposing council to Mr. Ponton a few cases.

According to her, Ponton is renowned for being a horrible, lazy, unprepared, unprofessional, and just plain dumbass attorney. Even before this recent hilarity, he was a joke to my wife and her colleagues. Which makes this even funnier, because he really is that fucking stupid.

21 hours ago, gsoda3 said:

"recording of this hearing or live stream is prohibited"

yet here we are, a meme.

Participants aren't allowed to record the hearings, but the courts do.

19 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

I cracked up the second time through watching the reaction from the other attorney.

I honestly don't know how the reactions weren't bigger. I would've been laughing my ass off. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I honestly don't know how the reactions weren't bigger. I would've been laughing my ass off. 

No kidding.  I was on a meet with a handful of teachers the other day.  One could clearly hear one of the teacher's kids practicing on the trombone.  It was truly god-awful.  I had to keep moving myself out of view so nobody could see me laughing.    

• 1 year later...

Le bump.

My wife was deposing cat man's client yesterday by zoom, and apparently cat man just walked out in the middle of the depo, while his client was talking. His secretary said he had to go to court, and to carry on without him, and that she could let cat man know if anything important came up.

edit: no he wasn't wearing his cat costume during the depo.

Edited by High Plains Drifter